Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Awww yiss, let's start this thread off right with a couple of classic Troper Tales:

A troper posted:

This troperrecently (A few weeks ago) got into a....little fight with his longtime nemesis, last day of (high)school, he may not be coming(droping out, my nemesis, not me) back, revenge bluh bluh merger childish things. He decides to come at me with a meter stick with a rather intimidating war cry. I merely tilt my head ever so slightly and plunk, it hits the wall behind my head, visibly dumbfounded he then attempts to slash me. Big mistake, my headphones got unplugged from my Ipod touch, and my favorite song was just beginning. Nightwish's song she is my sin and so begins my epic battle, he keeps slashing and lunging at me all while I dodge his blows and strokes. He attempts another headshot but I deftly grabbed it from him, he fell face first onto the floor, then I said one of my favorite badass boasts almost immediately afterword "On your knees...I want you to beg for forgiveness." my class's resident Video game gerd (Her own word she made, a combination of geek and nerd, she calls herself this all the time) said almost YELLING "Holy poo poo dude! That was awesome!" unfortunately his Girlfriend didnt think so, and tossed him the other meter stick and said "Kick that little snot into next year!"(Even though im taller then him he's like 5'4 im 5'7) and we exchanged blows which was eerily similar to aboved mentioned Final Fantasy movie, I then disarmed him and then said, "I hold no ill will, nor is this a personal matter, but thanks for the workout non-the less." He simply bowed his head in shame, his girlfriend having pure spasms of RAGE, chiding him that he couldn't beat a video game playing ultimate geek face(highly immature for a 16 year old girl I know), but I couldn't here them over the applause I was getting from the other geeks and my fellow peers, my teacher ( a substitute) woke up from her nap and simply said "what did I miss?" we all (except for my nemesis and his GF) begun laughing uncontrollably for a few minutes. I deadpanned afterwords "Nothing at all ma'am, just having some fun, listening to music, drawing, epic one sided battles..." She shrugged and went back to sleep.

An inhuman posted:

* This troper took a few levels when, after years of being a Woobie so pitiful Shinji would say what the heck is wrong with you, I had enough of a girl I liked always going for this tall, blond guy. When they were talking right in front of me in the street and holding arms and talking and all that, I said, "Shut. The. Hell. Up." The boy looks around and walks over, trying to look menacing. Martial arts studies come in. I take a punch to the forehead and then slide under and punch him in the stomach, he goes backwards and I land another one to his face. I then go berserk and full body tackle him. He managed to crawl away, and say, "That kid...is inhuman!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Does anyone have that series of joke STDH where the storyteller always reacts to some slight against him with a terrible pun and then beating the poo poo out of everyone?

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Let us gently hop back on track for a moment to enjoy some classic Troper Tales for anyone who's missed their soft touch.

DARK IS NOT EVIL

- This user is kind of a jerk (flipping off salesmen, using deathglare with reckless abandon to get people to move, and occasionally just running down underclassmen with a rolling backpack), wears fairly dark clothing (green, dark gray, and occasionally black if I am in a bad mood...Except for my trademark silver jacket, that coat's been through three JROTC camps, and four hunting seasons without taking any serious damage, it may very well outlive me. So I consider it a good luck charm/security item), and I hate people seeing my eyes, so I wear sunglasses on any day where it is not dark or rainy enough to render me nearly blind by doing so. BUT I don't hesitate to help the few people in this world who's existence I can actually tolerate for more then five minutes. And WILL DESTROY anyone who messes with them in the most effective manner possible (I obey all laws, however, you can't help your friends if you're doing 20 years for kicking a bully in the genitals). Being a douche does not make you evil.

REASON YOU SUCK SPEECH

- This Troper gave a very nasty one that was merged with a Hannibal Lecture to a bully Jerk Jock type. It can be summed up as, "I really do pity you. . .or at least I try to. . . . You are just an empty fool who tries to erase his fear that he might not get a football scholarship by bullying those lesser than him. I continue these "geeky" behaviors because they let me form at least a core of my personality. You. . .you have nothing any more other than to try to fill your empty core up with the fear of others while watching that perfect six pack decay from one too many beers." He cried and ran away, having been emotionally dissected.

TOOK A LEVEL IN BADASS

- This Troper got picked on alot, in middle school and high school. Totally ignored in college by vapid girls. But after he got his degree and became manager at the most successful Gamestop (Southeast region), there are loads of kids (and college students who have to answer to him. Cue Evil Laugh . . .

- This anonymous troper took a level in badass between sixth and seventh grade. Sixth grade? I was teased, hated by pretty much everyone, driven to tears at times. You know, the usual. I did however plant the seeds for my upgrade. I was already tall, handsome, strong, and smart. So the next year comes around, and early on I'm already getting some form of respect. When I tried out for wrestling is when I really got noticed. Among my team, I was easily one of the best, even though I was just a rookie, I was good at other sports too, even though I didn't have time to try out for the teams, and I was aware that there were plenty girls crushing on me. I just didn't have time for them either. It went as far as people claiming that I could beat THEM in a fight. Black people. That's serious.

-This troper took a few levels when, after years of being a Woobie so pitiful Shinji would say what the heck is wrong with you, I had enough of a girl I liked always going for this tall, blond guy. When they were talking right in front of me in the street and holding arms and talking and all that, I said, "Shut. The. Hell. Up." The boy looks around and walks over, trying to look menacing. Martial arts studies come in. I take a punch to the forehead and then slide under and punch him in the stomach, he goes backwards and I land another one to his face. I then go berserk and full body tackle him. He managed to crawl away, and say, "That kid...is inhuman!"

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

AlbieQuirky posted:

I had to learn to write with my right hand thanks to my insane grandmother. My brother refused.

I do bat and golf left, though.

This is the first I'm hearing of this kind of insane poo poo. Why would adults force kids to write with their right hands if they're left-handed?

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

...And then the entire theater turned into an MST3K riff-fest.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Comptroll The Forums posted:

was i picked on in middle school? hmm let me think
* Weighed 750 pounds (from my iron bones)
* Parents were both Albert Einstein (long story)
* Wore a katana to school every day
* Had the word "troper" instead of a mouth

:perfect:

Ol' Iron Bones posted that on, what, a Youtube video? What a strange place to write such a pile of bullshit. Should've at least taken it to Troper Tales where Iron Bones Crowning Moment of Epic Badass with a Heart of Gold Deadpan Snark could have been appreciated.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

St Evan Echoes posted:

Everyone watch this if you haven't already, dude is the best at visual gags:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FOzD4Sfgag

I went into this going "Eh, well, I've already seen this, but I just want to watch the first few seconds again because it's great."

7:59 later, I'm back here. God drat what a great video on a great director.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

I'd post this dumbass story, but one of the images won't cooperate, so instead, I'll just post a dumbass link.

"Nothin' Gay About 2 Dudes Gettin Married for College Money"

https://imgur.com/gallery/KMsLi

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

oldpainless posted:

I’m a fan of the old triple Ds

more like oldddpainless

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

RoboRodent posted:

I automatically hate anyone who's taking $300 of groceries through a self-scan.

The grocery stores where I live have about a dozen self-scan kiosks set up, and typically have one person manning an in-person lane. Maybe two if it's during peak grocery hours.

You either get busy scannin'
or you get busy dyin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Local Weather posted:

In the late 70s my family moved to a different state so I entered a new school around halfway through 3rd grade. For whatever reason they didn't start learning cursive yet, I was already writing cursive. For the first couple of weeks in the new school I would turn in work in cursive and instead of just accepting it the teacher would come down on me and make me do the whole thing over. It freaked me out and I cried a couple times in class because I couldn't understand why I was being punished for being ahead of the other kids. Crying in class does not make your cool or popular.

I had the exact same poo poo happen to me in the nineties. Sorry that happened to you, too. poo poo sucks.