Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Like Pikachu is a starter, so why would you care about tracking another one down :iiam:

I guess it's a little obscure to get, since you have to just ignore the normal 3 until they wander off but that's not that illogical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It was a rule that you shouldn't use first person so naturally they just referred to themselves as 'this troper' instead of 'I' because :spergin:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

Can you imagine how insufferable such a person would be?

It's as if they're awful creatures who suck the joy out of the world by sheer proximity.

Kissing one would be a soul-destroying experience.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Drunk Tomato posted:

Here's a hint:

"Otherkin" have always been trolls made to mock transgenderism, perhaps on several sad and rare occasions glommed on to by naive, vulnerable teenagers.

Mostly teenagers man

http://melted-snowflake.tumblr.com/

Dont' underestimate how dumb teenagers can get

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Experimental archaeologists are the best thing.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

flosofl posted:

And since they all go for bad boys, make sure it's that real good intimidating stare. But make it smoldering.

Hot girl caught fire, plz advize.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The only time I've heard it is referring to druggies after that time the guy ate that other guy's face, but I don't doubt that people use it as a racial slur.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Xen Tricks posted:

Holy poo poo lol how stupid do you have to be to think you invented backface culling/clipping, two of the most important parts of modern graphical rendering?

"UH DUH DON'T MAKE WHAT YOU CAN'T SEE STUPID, HOW HARD IS THAT? IDIOT GAME NERDS NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT HUH?? "

I mean it's in friggin' Elite.

Which is why all the ships in that game are convex, so it'd be easy to calculate whether to show a poly.

I see he also invented using 'this troper' only half the time.

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 21:50 on Aug 29, 2016

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

:sever:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Give A Dog A Bad Name
Portland, ME, USA | Bad Behavior, Bigotry

(I work in a small department store that also sells cigarettes. A regular customer comes in with his dog. We’re generally pet-friendly and just assume any dog brought in is a service dog. The man comes to the register with a couple of items and asks for a pack of cigarettes. While he is standing at my register a black woman comes in. The dog goes crazy, barking at her, and she dashes behind my register and hides behind me.)

Me: “Sir, we’re a pet friendly establishment, but if your dog is going to bark at customers, I’m going to have to ask you not to bring him in anymore.”

(The man is beet-red in the face and looks livid, but he doesn’t say a word as he takes his stuff and leaves. Less than twenty minutes later he comes back.)

Customer: “I want the items you stole!”

Me: “Sir, I didn’t take anything.”

Customer: *brandishing his receipt* “I bought candles, and they weren’t in my bag; I want them now. And another thing, my dog is a service dog. I’m a d*** vet and I fought overseas so that [racial slur] can f***ing live here and go [makes rude sounds mimicking ululating] all over the place.”

Me: “Sir, please calm down.”

Customer: “You f***ing n*****-lover! That was a service dog; I can bring him anywhere I f***ing want!”

Me: “Sir, service dogs are allowed in any public place, but if they cause a disturbance we are well within our legal right to refuse them entrance.”

(At this point he’s come around the counter at me and is leering over me. My coworker, a young black man, has to come step in between the man and me.)

Coworker: “I’m going to have to ask you to leave or I’m going to call the police.”

Customer: *string of profanities and racial slurs*

(Finally we get him to leave with further threats of calling the police. Not twenty minutes later however he comes back in demanding the candles I supposedly stole.)

Me: “Wait right here by the door. I’ll get them.”

(While I go to grab the candles he proceeds to yell at all the patrons in the store to watch their bags and check their receipts because we are “dishonest n*****-lovers who steal.” I hand him his candles.)

Customer: “F*** you, b****; enjoy your African store!”

Coworker: “We will; thank you.”

(He left. However, my manager refused to allow us to ban him from the store, and I had to deal with him twice more before I resigned.)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

So what you're saying is you now have two identical cats? :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_KmNZNT5xw

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I tried to pick and choose from these but they're all so incredible.

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 21:38 on Sep 12, 2016

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

walrusman posted:

Making it even better, the constant use of "marks" makes me pretty sure he's not American.

I have no idea what a "secondment" is.

Second amendment, duh! :freep:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Non Serviam posted:

No, you did not get hit at 120 km/h and only got broken bones.

Dude that totally can happen. Crumple zones have gotten really good.

Not the only outcome possible, but it's not unprecedented.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ein cooler Typ posted:

A trained swordsman with a katana could defeat someone with a gun from twenty yards away

Exactly. Katana in one hand, gun in the other, like that you can defeat a lot of people from twenty yards away.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MizPiz posted:

I've been really disappointed with professional killing recently. It just seems like most hitman lost that creative spark (if they even had it) and only do it make money. I get that people have to eat, but they should be doing it because it's what they love to do.

You should read the modesty blaise story currently running in the comic strip megathread.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

WrenP-Complete posted:

How much was that silkroad one for? Or was that two fake ones?

Two fake ones - one a scammer, the other the cops

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

I'm actually kind of curious how expensive it is now, but I don't want to search for it on Google. Do you know?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2009/02/dirty_deeds_done_dirt_cheap.html

quote:

Undercover investigator Gary Johnson has been hired by more than 60 Texans to off their enemies in the past 20years. At the high end, a wealthy socialite who wanted her husband dead gave Johnson $200,000 in jewels as a down payment on the killing. At the low end, a teenager once offered him "seven Atari computer games, three dollar bills, and $2.30 in nickels and dimes" to take out a romantic rival.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It's usually sign fatigue. Average store is plastered with so much writing nobody bothers reading any of it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Owner Owning Up
Cafe | Denver, CO, USA | Awesome Workers, Bosses & Owners, Food & Drink

(My wife and I are at a work conference in Denver. On our way out of town, we stop at a little cafe to have an early lunch. The place is empty, and it seems like there is only one waitress and a cook in the whole place. The kitchen is open so you can watch the guy walking around. The waitress is pleasant and brings us our drinks promptly, and takes our orders.)

Wife: “I’ll have the [Burger] with fries.”

Me: “I’ll have the pastrami sandwich with fries.”

Waitress: “I’ll get that started for you. Anything else I can get you in the meantime?”

Us: “No, thanks.”

(As we wait, we can overhear the cook talking animatedly on the phone, though we can’t really tell what he is saying. He puts our order on the counter, lets the waitress know, takes off his apron, and walks out the back. The waitress brings us our food and everything looks all right. The waitress leaves and we start eating.)

Wife: “These fries are kinda overdone.”

Me: “They are pretty crispy…”

(I dig around and see that the deeper I go, the more well done they are.)

Me: “Actually, these are burnt.”

(My wife digs into her pile to find the same is true.)

Me: “I don’t know? Is it worth sending them back? You know how much I hate making a scene or wasting food.”

Wife: “These are beyond ‘oops they are a little overdone.’ They are so hard they are actually painful to eat, and taste terrible. Let’s just ask the waitress what she can do about it. We don’t have to yell at her; just be polite and ask what she can do about it.”

(I waive over the waitress.)

Me: “These fries are really kinda burnt. Is there something you can do about it?”

Waitress: *grabs a fry off my plate and examines it* “I’m so sorry, these are inedible. I’ll get another batch for you right away, and I’ll cook them myself.” *as she’s walking away she mumbles to herself* “I thought I heard him say something about ‘not too overdone; oh, well.’ I should have known.”

(In record time the waitress has returned with lovely fries.)

Waitress: “Here you are. Again, sorry about that. We’re a little short today, and the cook is trying to handle too many things at once. But he should know better.”

Me: “No worries, I understand. Mistakes happen. Thank you for fixing the situation.”

Waitress: *goes into the back*

(We eat a while longer, and everything is pleasant until I get to the second half of my sandwich.)

Me: “What the hell? The second half of my sandwich is ham, wrapped in a single slice of pastrami so you can’t see it until you bite into it.”

Wife: “Seriously?”

Me: “Yeah, look…”

Wife: “It’s a good thing you aren’t Jewish, or, you know, allergic to pork like me.”

Me: “I can’t believe they would do that… It still tastes good, so I’m going to eat it anyway, but I think I should talk to the waitress about it.”

Wife: “You should.”

Me: “I think I’ll wait till after we’re done and have paid. I don’t want to give the impression that I am looking for free food.”

(We finish eating, ask the waitress for the check, pay, get the receipt back, and have signed it.)

Me: *to waitress as she is clearing the table* “Can I talk to you about something quickly?”

Waitress: “Yeah, what’s up?”

Me: “I just wanted to give you some words to take back to the cook. If you run out of pastrami, let the customer know, and ask them if they are cool with a ham substitution, or if they’d rather have something else. If you burn the fries, own it and make a new batch before you send them out to—”

Waitress: *cuts me off* “Did your sandwich have ham on it?”

Me: “Yes.”

Waitress: “Hang on one sec. I’m gonna grab the cook.”

(She calls over the cook who has recently re-entered the building.)

Owner/Cook: “Hey, I’m [Cook], the owner of [Cafe]. What can I do for you?”

Me: “Hi, [Cook]. I just wanted to give you a couple pieces of friendly advice. If you run out of pastrami, don’t sub ham without asking. It wasn’t a big deal for me, but my wife is allergic and it could have been a serious situation. If you burn fries, own it, and remake them before the customer sees it. If you get a reputation for trying to slip things in ‘unnoticed’ and only fixing them if someone complains, you will go out of business. In a cafe, your food needs to speak for itself, and if you have to redo things all the time because of simple mistakes like burning the fries, you won’t last long. I’m not after anything; I ran my own business for years, and I just want to see other small business owners do well for themselves. And this wasn’t exactly a gold star for you. However…” *points to waitress* “She was your saving grace. Whatever you are paying her, she deserves a raise because she was on point during our whole visit. If she hadn’t been so polite and helpful, I might have just left and let you stumble along.”

Owner/Cook: *shocked look on his face* “I… I… You’re right. I’m sorry. You nailed it on every point. I ran out of pastrami, and didn’t feel I had time, so I fudged it. I burnt the fries but thought I might be able to get away with it, cause they weren’t black. Thank you for calling me on the carpet. I really appreciate you taking the time to say something polite and that you showed an interest in my business, not just your own lunch. [Waitress], their meal is on me.”

Me: “As I said, I’m not after anything in this situation. We both ate our food, and have already paid.”

Owner: “No, not good enough! [Waitress], go reverse the charge on the card!”

(She walks away.)

Owner: “I already pay her more than any of my other staff because she is the best. But you’re right, she probably deserves more.”

Me: “Well, why don’t we forget the reversal of charges and you can give the whole cost of the meal to her as a tip directly?”

(Before he can answer, the waitress returns with a reversal slip.)

Owner: “Too late. It’s on the house!”

(We chat with him for another ten minutes and enjoy it. As we stand to leave I pull the cost of the meal in cash out of my wallet and leave it under my water glass. As I walk out past the waitress:)

Me: “I left a little something on the table for you.”

Waitress: “Thank you so much for talking to the owner. I’ve never seen him react like that with anyone before. He usually gets upset!”

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

dordreff posted:

They only start sending out helicopters when the restaurant's wanted level hits 3 stars

This is why you pay for shill reviewers on yelp

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hired And Fired
Office | USA | Job Seekers

(I am interviewing a young college student for an entry level job. She’s wearing sweatpants and flip flops with a baggy shirt, and her hair’s a mess. Per the rules, we must reject any applicant who comes wearing inappropriate interview attire, even for entry level, so I do. My boss comes over to talk to me a short while later.)

Boss: “About her, did she really look that bad?”

Me: “Well, she looked like she had just rolled out of bed in old wrinkled clothes, and hadn’t bothered to brush her hair or groom at all.”

Boss: “Really? Because her resume is very good. I can’t believe someone with such a great resume would do that.”

Me: “Well, you told me that appearance is important when judging applicants.”

Boss: *snappish* “Yes, I know what I told you, but you should’ve hired her anyway! Did you even look at her resume?”

(Long story short, he overrode me, hired her anyway, and fired me… for following HIS rule! Idiocy must be a prerequisite for bosses.)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Can't blame a German Sheppard for just following orders.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

"I actually love Thai Food"

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I have {occasionally | sometimes | often} seen the formatting on these {spam messages | shitposts | spam shitposts} break down {in the wild | in comments on ancient blogposts | in widely-circulated jpegged posts on facebook}.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Winter Stormer posted:

What about factorials and bases other than ten, kiddo?

:goonsay: :hf: :smuggo:

It's funny.

I can express how I feel about that story

using only two digits.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...g-donald-trump/

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

No Such Thing As Gardening Leave
Parking Lot | Sacramento, CA, USA | Crazy Requests, Time

(It’s 11 pm and the store closed at 9. I’m in my car, in the back of the parking lot, on my lunch, taking a nap. I’m not wearing my employee vest or my name tag. Someone knocks on my car window, waking me up.)

Customer: “I can’t get into the garden department!”

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Captain Monkey posted:

I don't see how this one is all that weird? Poster works at a Walmart superstore or something, and mans one of the later-opened areas. They're on lunch and some customer doesn't realize that the gardening department has different operating hours from the main part of the store so they bothered an employee they saw, because employees inside were probably difficult to find in the giant, empty store.

They're on lunch and taking a nap in the parking lot just before midnight two hours after the store closed?

So a customer comes up to a random car in a parking lot at night after the store is closed to ask about a department?

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 21:17 on Nov 12, 2016

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Captain Monkey posted:

The garden department was closed. The rest of the Walmart was open. The employee worked overnight in the open part of the store and was taking a nap during their lunch hour. I don't understand what is difficult to grasp. Do you not live in the US, or just live in an area without Walmarts?

The story says "It’s 11 pm and the store closed at 9."

So the rest of the walmart wasn't open, apparently.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Elysiume posted:

Pizza got ordered a couple of weeks ago at work for a meeting and I got to watch a grown man request a pizza with no vegetables.

Some people can't tolerate the tomato sauce man.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The original original rule was not to write anything in the first person.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/YAFantasyFan/status/803402391005622273

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

jodai posted:

Why even bother with some dumb poo poo like that? Your point could be made without the "A real person sent me texts like this" and also, how hard is it to come up with harassing texts? Thathe text is like if an alien crash landed and the first person he met was a Klan member and this is the first time he's ever tried to be racist.

Do not comment on this post