Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boofchicken posted:

Does anyone have the story of the guy who had a job where he did nothing and kept collecting pay checks?

This is my story, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What happens when you try to sue a supermarket chain based on an stdh.

http://www.statesman.com/news/business/whole-foods-taking-legal-action-against-cake-accus/nq7qt/

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boofchicken posted:

Thanks a ton.

And you write an entertaining story Paladinus, I just figured this was the best thread to find it again.

It was a joke about me doing gently caress all at work. Unfortunately, I am in no way responsible for this gem.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hello, ADD. I'm dad.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Kirk/Spock (Kock?) was the original slash pairing according to some sources, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were even older pairings.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What on earth is manny?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hail to the king, baby.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You're supposed to pour one out, not just leave it with some stupid note.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm in the UK and use American spelling and vocabulary.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Dinosaur-shaped drugs: your parents won't suspect a thing.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm not reading all those words a fat virgin. What is the dh part?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

genericangst posted:

I know this is a joke, but I think it fits:

Matt Bors is good.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Ah, so that's the difference between Pokemon Black and White.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

sweeperbravo posted:

Yeah as a teacher id def want my students making presentations that are chock full of memes

It's a teacher who themselves posts memes on imgur, though. People like that really exist.

Memes make me feel at least 8 years younger.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Anime is bad. That much is certain.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I really liked GB2 as a child. Also, all the GB cartoons.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Does anyone have that story where a guy and his sister go to the doctor, and his sister enjoyed every minute of it and pretended she did that thing with her hair?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cheers.

Fathis Munk posted:

What. How is that even a story.

Oh, but there's more.
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/wow-i-cannot-believe-my-mom-stooped-so-low.136316639/

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It's obviously a joke.

But also a sad reality.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm actually just hoping this is STDH because everyone I know who plays guitar can play Metallica songs anyway.

Pft. Metallica.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zT_i6LdX9w&t=23s

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

RNG posted:

superjohnlock

e: ok whoops i gave her too much credit and assumed she misspelled "john locke" but she's referring to watson/holmes slash

Not just that, the super part is for Supernatural.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tunicate posted:

I tried to pick and choose from these but they're all so incredible.

Ugh. Especially the one about the disabled dreamy boy.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Standard and Poors 500 has annual dividends of about 2-2.5%. In 40 years it would turn $200 million into roughly $550 million tops.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
That horrible atheist professor will soon meet his demise when a brave navy seal calls him out on his lies.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am not a number! I'm a free man!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

hosed up if true.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

What a good dog. It let someone attack its owner and walked away with a stranger.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Like a northerner would ever travel all the way down to Wales instead of just going to Skegness.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

BobbyK posted:

Yeah like, it's sad because my girlfriend committed suicide but wait, no, I just shot her because she left me. Perfect imgur joke, sure it got some upvotes.

fp edit: wow send boobs also did you know men are 200 times more likely to commit suicide and succeed than women? Let's raise some awareness people

It's actually statistically true that men are better and more successful than women at killing themselves.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Non Serviam posted:

Because cucumbers are disgusting raw.

What the gently caress is wrong with you people?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am hesitant to share since it is so personal. However, I am appalled by a situation I experienced tonight and just have to talk about it.

Tonight was my second appointment with a therapist. I lost a child several years ago and find therapy beneficial every now and then. My first appointment (pre-election) went well. The therapist, a male in his sixties, seemed nice enough. We spent the session just going over some history and setting goals. A typical therapy "getting to know you" session. Tonight was not so typical. Upon arrival, I informed him the last few days have been hard for me due to feelings associated with the heartbreak I felt over the outcome of the election. His response to my statement shocked me. The therapist said "the other side as felt that way for years". He then began to question why I have progressive views of politics. He actually asked me to explain why I thought partial birth abortions are ok. He stated the hot mic talk was what guys talk like in locker-rooms. The man stated the media made up the hate rhetoric. Then the political science lesson began! He informed me that Roe V Wade was a case about privacy and not anything to do with abortion or women's rights. The Supreme Court doesn't have any power and that they have over stepped their place in regards to gay marriage rights. The decision should should be left to the states and if a gay couple lives
in a state that does not recognize gay marriage they should move to one that does.

After 45 minutes of him talking AT me, he abruptly says "so you had an abortion, right?" Umm...No. I had finally had enough. I informed him that you don't have to have had an abortion to be pro choice. I don't have to be lesbian to support LGBTQ rights. One doesn't have to be a person of color to support racial equality. He looked at me with condemnation and asked what my husband thought of my views. Really?! I am so angry right now! I sought assistance with grief and instead received the third degree and judgement. Well, I am no longer sad .. I am PISSED!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dogfish posted:

You might consider sending a formal complaint to his regulatory college. (What is the source for this stdh?)

A facebook group for supporters of Hillary Clinton.

Current political climate in the US is perfect for fresh stdh about horrible white men attacking women in the streets with threats of violence in form of well-prepared ten minute long monologues, and marines and policemen, brave patriots of America, standing against looting hoards of thugs who never explicitly said to be black.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
And an obligatory big black man who isn't as scary as you would expect (NOT RACIST!!!).

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't get it.

And the troper doesn't get any.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

poptart_fairy posted:

It's great watching stuff like that on the forum here. It's never just a terrible person with a dumb opinion, it's always a KKK alt right neo-nazi that supports Trump. Like guys, you don't have to dramatize to that degree just so we're on your side.

Nice av. I get the joke.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

A quick search reveals, it was drawn by a sixteen year old girl from Turkey. But otherwise it's true.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Dec 7, 2016

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hardcordion posted:

So true except for all of it.

Edit: I mean, I guess the guy might actually be a miner for a living but I'm skeptical at this point.

The girl's dad is a miner.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

chitoryu12 posted:

Manic Pixie Dream Girls exist, but most of them tend to be utterly insufferable after a while. Their quirkiness and passion ends up revealing that they've been completely incapable of growing up and can't hold down an adult job to save their lives (which means they're not unlikely to have debts or trouble paying rent).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSC82fYpiW4

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
My dad taught me this incredible secret when I was 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Khazar-khum posted:

My elderly Aunt told me there were 'colored people moving in'. I was all excited, because I wanted to meet people with big pink, blue and green spots all over them. I was sooo disappointed when they turned out to just be regular brown people instead of candy-colored.

Brown is the colour of chocolate, you ungrateful little git.