Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
"Listen to me, you loving useless female."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
And they danced into the night.

:allears:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

My favourite part is still how much the op respects the homeless dude ... *throws money at his feet*

"Well, I still wouldn't touch him... Ewww!"

How old is a 3rd grade kid?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Ratjaculation posted:

My favourite part is still how much the op respects the homeless dude ... *throws money at his feet*

"Well, I still wouldn't touch him... Ewww!"

How old is a 3rd grade kid?

Nine or ten.

vv eh this guy is probably closer vv

walrusman has a new favorite as of 09:07 on Dec 7, 2016

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
8, maybe 9 if they have a late birthday.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Give the OP a Nobel prize god drat.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Dreddout posted:

loving lmao at a drug dealer using the term "bud" over the phone.

A few years ago a friend and I found a phone at a bus stop. We thought there was a decent chance it could belong to someone we knew since it was outside our high school, and it didn't have a passcode, so we opened it up and went into photos to see if we could recognise anyone. We couldn't, but there were many, many photos of drug making equipment and drugs, and a few selfies (lesson one of a burner phone: do not use it for selfies). We went into messages (because by that point we were straight up just snooping) and a heap of the conversations were deals, with quantities, times, and pickups listed. We dropped the phone to the police and showed them what was on it, who found it hysterical.

I mean yeah that bud convo is stdh but holy hell do people make it easy for the police to lay charges these days.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

poo poo, whitlams a loving snitch

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

This popped up in my Google Now news feed: Passive Aggressive Tesla Hater Leaves Angry Note on a Model S.

I'm not going to type up the whole thing, but it's a typed letter from a "fellow Model S owner" lamenting that Tesla owners are constantly being called "sheep", "Ostentatious Obama Oafs", "misogynistic Silicon Valley clones" and other colorful insults that no real person has ever said.

The rest of the letter is Tumblr-grade bullshit dripping with smugness as it brags about the intellectual and moral superiority of Tesla owners over the unwashed petroleum-burning masses. The funniest part of the article is that it acknowledges that Elon Musk has been the subject of several fake news articles without noticing that it's publishing more bullshit and calling it news.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Whitlam posted:

holy hell do people make it easy for the police to lay charges these days.

I'm a radio journalist, so I talk to the police every drat day about who got picked up for drunken disorderly last night, which "frequent flyers" got brought in, etc. Anecdotal, sure, but yeah based on what I've heard, it's easier than ever.

This one guy they'd been keeping an eye on put an expensive camera system in his house to keep an eye out for cops, as if outward-facing cameras in every window aren't a dead giveaway or anything. He could keep an eye on his stash from his phone wherever he went, so he felt safe.

Cops picked him up two blocks away from his house while he was walking to the gas station, where he was supposed to meet a buyer. He apparently didn't see them coming because he was checking his phone to see if cops were raiding his house :laugh:

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

Whitlam posted:

A few years ago a friend and I found a phone at a bus stop. We thought there was a decent chance it could belong to someone we knew since it was outside our high school, and it didn't have a passcode, so we opened it up and went into photos to see if we could recognise anyone. We couldn't, but there were many, many photos of drug making equipment and drugs, and a few selfies (lesson one of a burner phone: do not use it for selfies). We went into messages (because by that point we were straight up just snooping) and a heap of the conversations were deals, with quantities, times, and pickups listed. We dropped the phone to the police and showed them what was on it, who found it hysterical.

I mean yeah that bud convo is stdh but holy hell do people make it easy for the police to lay charges these days.

Lol at going to police to rat people out on weed charges and potentially ruin lives for something non victimizing. Hope you feel ashamed at being such a dumb person.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Whitlam posted:

is this stdh or did you actually do this because if so gently caress you buddy

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Whitlam posted:

That's pretty funny.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Kontradaz posted:

Lol at going to police to rat people out on weed charges and potentially ruin lives for something non victimizing. Hope you feel ashamed at being such a dumb person.

Weed requires drug making equipment? gently caress your inability to read.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

is this stdh or did you actually do this because if so gently caress you buddy

Yours too. Hard drugs should be prosecuted.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Where's the police sirens alerting us to Mikons arrival.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Like alcohol or harder?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Are you honestly unaware that growing weed requires equipment?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Stop That Derail Happening

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

YeahTubaMike posted:

I rarely feel secondhand embarrassment as strong as what I felt when I read this. I think it's because I have a personal rule to always believe people of color when they talk about racist incidents they've experienced, and so I want to be on her side on principle, but I completely can't. :negative:

Kind of related to this, but somewhat recently there was this article going around talking about how black women are the most educated demographic in the nation, and all these websites mis-interpreted the statistics in question and a number of people I know linked to them on Facebook. There were two things cited - one was a statistic showing the percent of black women within a certain age range currently enrolled in college and the other was a statistic showing the percent of black women with college degrees relative to black men. Both of these were misinterpreted (the latter more egregiously). The former was misleading because even though the number enrolled was highest, the number who actually completed degrees wasn't (and this is likely due to that demographic spending longer in college on average, thus increasing the total number enrolled within that age range), and the latter was particularly bad because a bunch of people/websites interpreted the "percent of black women relative to black men" statistic as a raw "percent of black women" statistic and compared it with the "percent of white women relative to white men" (etc) statistics.

It was really awkward explaining that no, these really positive, optimistic statistics do not mean what some people think they mean. Normally I would let that sort of thing slide, but in this case it was a pretty egregious example of people not understanding statistics. It's also kind of depressing that people weren't more skeptical, since it should immediately seem really suspicious that one of the most disadvantaged demographics in the nation would be the most college educated (though the real statistics actually are pretty impressive in light of that). In general I think liberals overestimate their own competence relative to conservatives - they're often just as willing to blindly trust sources that tell them what they want to hear.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

A quick search reveals, it was drawn by a sixteen year old girl from Turkey. But otherwise it's true.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Dec 7, 2016

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
despite that picture being stdh, that's not really out of the realm of possibility for a 9 year old who likes to draw especially if they've taken classes

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Paladinus posted:

A quick search reveals, it was drawn by a sixteen year old girl from Turkey. But otherwise it's true.

So true except for all of it.

Edit: I mean, I guess the guy might actually be a miner for a living but I'm skeptical at this point.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hardcordion posted:

So true except for all of it.

Edit: I mean, I guess the guy might actually be a miner for a living but I'm skeptical at this point.

The girl's dad is a miner.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If you weed you're dumb :mmmhmm:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Officer my mom has a pyrex dish.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Leon Einstein posted:

Are you honestly unaware that growing weed requires equipment?

Lamps and water. That's not equipment, that's a solarium.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Kontradaz posted:

Sorry, should have clarified. It wasn't weed, it was ice/meth, so nah. I slept perfectly fine and will continue to. Also fwiw pretty sure the dumb person is the one who took selfies on a phone with lots of pictures and texts about manufacturing and distributing, and didn't even put a passcode on the phone.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Lamps and water. That's not equipment, that's a solarium.
Meth equipment is really just a chemistry set. Makes you think.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Whitlam posted:

Sorry, should have clarified. It wasn't weed, it was ice/meth, so nah. I slept perfectly fine and will continue to. Also fwiw pretty sure the dumb person is the one who took selfies on a phone with lots of pictures and texts about manufacturing and distributing, and didn't even put a passcode on the phone.

Nah it was pretty clear, goons can just be stupid.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

http://imgur.com/gallery/EXe4W

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Goddammit there actually are people on imgur who seem to buy it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fathis Munk posted:

Goddammit there actually are people on imgur who seem to buy it.

They're the dumb-asses who think Imager is a community instead of a site to link funny cat pictures.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I like the idiots that consider themselves user sub warriors defending the lines of the front page.

That's literally something that some of them think.

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

I'll put a knife right in you.

some jackass who thinks tvtropes are real life posted:

Let me tell you something. The Manic Pixie Dream Girl exists. It’s not just a figment of a sensitive writer’s imagination. It’s real. You’ve only got to be uncharacteristically lucky to ever have the good fortune of actually meeting her in real life. Even so, more often than not, you’ll end up cursing the day you met her- She will invariably leave you with a broken heart.

:barf:

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Sure, she exists.

She just has BPD and anorexia, no self-esteem, and maybe a drug problem

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lmbo someone just got dumped and isn't taking it super well

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Kontradaz posted:

Where's the police sirens alerting us to Mikons arrival.

loving lol, you get me this? Omg, someone thinks meth and heroin are bad!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the saying is "Snitches Get Stitches", not "Snitches Occasionally Get Stitches, Depending On The Crime That They're Reporting To The Police, Some Things Are Just Inexcusable"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!
I found this one in the archives by accident looking for another STDH:

quote:

Like most goons, I have a love/hate relationship with movie theaters. For every great composed, respectful audience, you get three filled with loud, obnoxious, so called "urban" types who bring their screaming bratty kids to movies totally inappropriate for their age group. Look, The Dark Knight is PG-13 for a reason. But occasionally something really funny that stays with you happens. Whether it's a stray witticism that cracks the entire theater up, Mo'Quuesha slipping on popcorn and ruining her hair that she just "got did", or a wacky mishap with a projectionist who puts the reels in the wrong order, this is the thread for it!

Here's my story. You may recall that in the summer of 1998, a movie called Godzilla came out. Now, as a big fan of the original Japanese ゴジラ series, I was pretty psyched (Keep in mind this was still prePhantom Menace, when you didn't have to fear getting a fresh new serving of childhood Rape Sauce everytime you went into a movie theater). My friend Carter and I went opening day, and you could taste the excitement in the air. However, once the movie began, we knew we were in for trouble. LOT'S of it. Terrible acting. Garbage effects. Retarded characters. Everyone knows how loving lovely that movie was. About 40 minutes in, I was literally shaking with rage. How could they do this to my favorite movie character? I had had enough. In one scene, some army guy refers to Godzilla as an "overgrown lizard". When Carter and I heard that line, we turned to each other and shouted "HE TURNED ME INTO A NEWT!" in unison. The entire theater cracked up, and from that point on the screening turned into a total MST3K-style "riff-fest", with people tossing out jokes and insults at all the reatrded stuff in the movie. I was still kinda pissed I wasted $14 to see that pile of poo poo, but at least everyone else had a sense of humor about it. Afterwards, a girl pulled me aside and said that my jokes were the only that made the movie watchable for her. And they say nerds never get the girl. :D