Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

I like when my dreams seem really cool and entertaining and in the dream I’ll think drat I should write this down I’ll be rich and then I wake up and the dream was something like what if the animorphs had to fight the power rangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

sorry for starting dream chat. nobody cares what y’all dream about guys

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

chitoryu12 posted:

I dream of people no longer caring about derails.

keep posting

im reloading

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

The girl with irony laughed,

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

yeah one of my clients will use entire episodes of sponge bob to communicate and it owns.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

anything that encourages guys to care about their opposite sex offspring is fine in my book.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

kimbo305 posted:

Why do they seem to get more attention than mother-son dances, or same gender parent-kid dances?

because dads are told by society to be disappointed when they have a daughter instead of a son

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Zipperelli. posted:

What? For real?

no, not really. it’s definitely better to let it air out for a bit, but leaving it unmade all day allows dust and stuff to settle on it which is bad for you.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Dienes posted:

FTFY
As others have said, it depends on where you live. I was told I couldn't get my tubes tied until I hit a certain age AND had my husband's permission. My husband could schedule a vasectomy that week, without my permission, despite being the same age. I was told it was wrong to curtail my fertility and I was likely to change my mind, nothing like that for him. My sister, who even already had one kid, was told the same thing, and that being single with no husband didn't waive the requirement to get husband's permission. The fact that a future man might want her to have HIS kids trumped her desire to stay at the number of kids she already had.

Kids are the first thing people ask women about as an ice breaker. If you don't have kids they hassle you about when you will have them, are you trying, why no kids yet, etc. If you say you don't WANT them, you start getting lectured about how your life is empty, you're missing your purpose, you don't know what you want, you'll change your mind because EVERYONE wants kids, you must be really selfish to not want them, etc. If a woman prioritizes anything over having kids, she's a monster, broken, self-absorbed, etc. These are direct quotes, btw. This comes up at parties, at work, etc.

Working with families, it comes up constantly. I work with a lot of small children right now, and "But you can't really specialize in this area if you don't have kids." is constant. Followed by, "You are so good with our kids, you should have some of your own, you're made to be a mom!" I get that its a compliment, but its not one that my male colleagues get, even if they don't have kids. Sometimes I keep a photo of my nephew as my lock screen on my phone just because I am treated more respectfully, because they assume he's my kid. I totally get that the parent experience is unique, but its not one I need to do my job and do it well.

I know a lot of these seem minor, but its like water torture - if you get a few times a week, every week, it gets really grating. And for some of these people, it becomes their personal mission to 'convert' you to having kids.

Had a visitor to my class today who gave one of my techs, a 25 year old college student, poo poo for working with kids and not having any of her own. I made her leave

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Can confirm, as a special ed teacher in the south, Joe Biden is the bad guy and mean and Donald Trump is the good guy and nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Uncle Kenny shaking his drat head looking down from heaven