Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

This is sticking out to me because she made a huge goddamn deal about how much money this trip was costing them. Buying the groceries to make a week's worth of dinners for two, plus some boxes of granola bars or whatever for snacks, costs me like 60 dollars tops :confused:

If you run the numbers on the gardens' website, they were in for about $240 CDN/$180 USD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

Xen Tricks posted:

I would pay good money to see an idiot nerd attempt "capoeira" solely from watching YouTube videos

I'm a capoeirista, and same. Specifically, to see some dork trying to escape a mugger by one-handed cartwheels and flipping on his side.

Either that or I like to picture the proper using the other parts of capoeira training to escape, like he's singing badly at the guy in Portuguese.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

life is killing me posted:

I like how that one's subtle racism pushes the responsibility off on the reader by forcing them to make the assumption about what race the imaginary husband must be

Scooby Doo

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Is that even a thing? Cashiers keeping a book of all 50 state IDs so they can check out-of-staters?

If there's a college nearby, yes.