Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Panfilo posted:

I think you guys are really stretching it with that picture. It's just a couple plates of spaghetti and some Champaigne or whatever. I've seen plenty of pictures/posts of people talking about their SO making them dinner with a mediocre photograph on Facebook and nobody gives a poo poo about the quality of the photo, or food, or whether the bra in the background was a fat lady's bra.

The STDH part of it is that his girlfriend made it and that she wanted to see how many points it could get to save their relationship or whatever. The fact that the food looks like poo poo is irrelevant, but it can be funny to see what some (alleged) adults consider "fancy" eating.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 06:57 on Apr 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Minarchist posted:

It's a 4chan fakepost.

That one is, yes, but there's another one in facebook format where someone claims they ran something equating to ~4 minutes per mile and claims they just had a burst of energy or something when called out on it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

kizudarake posted:

Forums grown STDH: Askme about pool hustling:

That's just scratching the surface of that guy's made up (or at the very least heavily, heavily embellished if you're feeling generous) stories. He's been posting those threads for years and just like the 50 foot ant spooky nazi ghost stories there are tons of goons who quickly make the mental jump from "it would be cool if this happened" to "I believe this actually happened" and will defend their stories to the death.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

It always annoys me how often you hear the "my eyes change colors depending on my mood" thing. I've heard that claimed so many times but have never actually seen it. I mean maybe it's a real thing, but I'd wager that most people posting about it on the internet are just willing themselves into believing they totally saw a color change once so they can join the special snowflake club.

As for hair color changing with mood...can't say I've ever encountered that one. Someone's been reading/watching harry potter too much I think.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Boywhiz88 posted:

I would gently caress up someone if they started rifling through 3 separate coupon containers while I was waiting in line.

And intentionally "very slowly" to brutally owned the cashier, which I'm sure the family appreciated just as much as the people behind them all in line.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

walrusman posted:

Aren't those extreme coupon assholes usually fixated on buying huge quantities of certain products that have manufacturer coupons? And aren't those usually like 1-2 things a week, like one certain brand of sausages or shampoo? How in the hell do you take 50% off some random stranger's grocery order when you haven't used your mighty coupon powers to inform their product selection? It's not like there are coupons out there for just "cheese" or "whatever, just take two bucks off."

If they aren't showing you the receipt, always assume a coupon-bragger is at least doubling the savings they actually got to make them look "better" at couponing. It's the same idea as the old "fisherman's tale" cliche - don't believe it if you weren't there to see it. To get savings like that you'd have to intentionally buy only things with coupons, and I don't care how many coupon books you have, you're not going to find one for everything a random person has in their cart.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I've never encountered people doing that kind of thing to be annoying, but I have definitely known people who start using british pronunciations and britishisms, even sometimes slipping into a fake british accent after watching dr who/downton abbey/etc. In those cases I think it's reasonable to be mad at the person because they're doing it for such a stupid reason.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Imaduck posted:

I'm not sure what you find so unbelievable about this. Home games getting robbed isn't that uncommon. I know several folks with similar stories

It's more the fact that that particular guy has posted countless thrilling stories about his gambling adventures for years and always "remembers" a new one when the thread is slowing down. It's either fiction or embellished retellings of his and other peoples' stories.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I could see the second one being STDH, but the others just sound like "dumb opinions about movies". We've got to be at or very near the bottom of the barrel for troper content if this is any indication.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I don't know why the storyteller thought their made-up story portrayed them in a good light at all. To me it sounds like a story of some (probable) pedophile stalking a couple of kids listening in on all their conversations and watching their every move, hoping they'll give him something titillating to watch.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Monicro posted:

In all fairness y'all do know that kissing and loving are different things, right

Of course, but the way that guy writes you know the followup is going to be him lurking outside her bedroom window yelling "gently caress ALREADY" one night.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I'm guessing he meant to type 43 cm.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Also I will never not find Americans referring to utes as "trucks" hilarious. Also American moms calling their kids FirstName MiddleName when they're mad :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6qGwmXZtsE&t=110s

also truck is a lot better than lorry. Anyway I think most students drink heavily when they first get to college, it's just that the engineers are much more likely to make complete asses of themselves while doing it because of the lack of social skills.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

oldpainless posted:

It's a good message

It is, but the reason it was posted here wasn't because it was a bad message, it was posted here because it never happened.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Does anyone actually ever "wag their finger" as described near the end of the story outside of cartoons?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

We used to finger wag after we beat certain teams in fencing but it was solely to be as smug as possible.

I was mostly referring to it in the context of the story, where it was done in anger, not mocking.

e: unless for some reason the author of the stdh used "wag his finger" to mean "give the finger", then I could believe it. It just seems like the standard finger wag was a weird reaction to that situation that I can't imagine a real person having.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 18:30 on Jun 30, 2016

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

Ususally if someone says waving a finger in the face they mean pointing up close

The story didn't say "waving a finger in the face" though, it said he wagged his finger, through a window. The point is it's just as much of a hallmark of stdh as "stamping their feet" or "turning beet red/ghost white" or "running for the door". It's not something people do.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Atmus posted:

Also people just like entertaining stories sometimes.

STDH: that story being anything close to being worthy of the word "entertaining".

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Fathis Munk posted:

The stories that just go "let me tell you why my mom/dad is the bestest" have a kind of charming innocence to them.

I always found them kind of sad because they're not writing them to let people know how cool their parents are so much as trying to steal a share of internet Cool Points just by association. Like they didn't have the confidence to make up some "cool" stuff they did, they had to make it up with their mom as the character. Maybe they do it so if they get called on some obvious bullshit they can fall back on the "hey, I'm just telling you what my mom told me, I'd have to ask her" defense.

e: also that "death metal" girl definitely didn't get pulled for "terrifying" the audience with her hardcore war outfit or whatever, it was because nobody enjoys listening to someone screaming/roaring into cheap highschool auditorium audio equipment, whether they were good at singing or not (most certainly not).

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Coworkers ratting each other out for stupid rule violations to score points with the boss is certainly a thing, but yeah I don't know why you'd brag about it when it backfires like that. Make sure your boss is the type who thinks any rule, no matter how stupid and unnecessary, is sacred law first before you try and advance your career that way.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Solid Cake posted:

The Pokemon that spawn nearby spawn for everyone in the area, not just for one person, and everybody is given the opportunity to catch it independently. So all of these stories about people racing to catch a Pokemon and steal it from each other is bullshit. Even if it is meant as a joke, their target audience is obviously people who play Pokemon Go, so why even bother when the core information in the joke is wrong?

They still get their internet points either way - the people who haven't pl ayed it will read it and think it's "funny", and the rest will give them a ton of comments/views to angrily tell them "that's not how it works".

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Farmland Park posted:

I was excepting some creepy Jesus-y "keep your virginity" story

Yeah it really surprised me that that's not what it ended up being, especially with the "can't put it back, it won't be the same as before"ish lines, with I guess the toothpaste representing her "purity" or something.

Anyway it probably would have been just as effective to just tell her to "be good/nice", with the added bonus of not wasting an entire tube of toothpaste (unless they read the lifehack thread and plan to make it into breathmints).

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I know what they mean by context, but what the hell is a gruntle?

On the off chance it's true, why does he think sleeping at your post as a security guard is "stupid poo poo"? I mean, that's one of the only things you have to be able to do (stay awake) for that job. And really, how is leaving random trash around "revenge"?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Adult wrestling fans are some of the weirder people out there. They are like tropers but instead of seeing real life through the lens of anime they see it through roided and greased up men pretending to fight each other.

Also why would he not expect to be fired after that? I thought during his ~pipe bomb~ he even says he's leaving? If you don't immediately file your resignation after saying something like that, no poo poo you're going to get fired. Even if he didn't get terminated he knew he'd have a "obnoxious manbaby who goes on awkward rants when he doesn't get his way" on his record, assuming he lives somewhere where employers are allowed to give negative references. No wonder the company doesn't send him out to be the public face of the company.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I have never in my life gotten an assignment the teacher handwrote on a piece of notebook paper. Why would they do that when they'd have to do it like 30 times?

Not that it would be any more real if they had printed out a more realistic looking assignment, but still..

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I hate the ones where they really, really go out of the way to make sure we know they never, ever complain and if they do it's not the waitress's fault. We get it, you're a model customer...or at least pretend to be. Don't eat your whole meal and then complain. If something isn't right then let them know as soon as you notice it. Nothing annoys me more than someone I know eating their entire dish and then saying "man, my steak was way undercooked, we should complain". You just ate all the evidence.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

In my experience those types are the most likely to end up having kids and turning into those people who say "you'll regret it one day if you don't/you'll change your mind" to younger people. I knew several of that type of person in highschool and all but one is married with kids now and doing all the annoying facebook/blogging habits of the people they hated so much.

Also the "my spot" guy is an idiot - if you don't like people bothering you while you study, maybe don't study in public? Make room for customers that aren't going to just take up space nursing their 2 dollar coffee for 3 hours and go to a library or any of the large number of places that are better suited for studying.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

AlbieQuirky posted:

I have had cab drivers and other people I'm interacting with in the course of business ask about why I don't have children and go on to say that it was a shame I didn't have any children. "Do you have children?" is a pretty common conversation starter between strangers over 30, along with "What do you do for work?"

It's a little odd, but hardly a terrible outrage. So I believe 10% of that happened, the part where the driver asked if she had children.

I hate it when cab drivers try and start a conversation with me. Small talk is fine but if you start asking me about what I do or whether I have kids it's too much. Mind your own business.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I like how in these stories that totally happened, none of the people driving across the country to kick someone's rear end are immediately sent to prison. And where can I get a car that can take me across a country in 12 hours?

Also in the ones where the relationship is still going and they credit it to their scary speech, I really doubt their girlfriend's fat brother trying to talk like the joker is the reason - they probably just have a good relationship.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

If someone shouted at me calling me a different name and then started vibrating I think I'd get up and move. What is with people and the "literally shaking" stuff? You can convey that you were emotional without making yourself sound like a baby reacting like you had a near-death experience for doing something as mundane as saying hello to a stranger.

Also my money is on the harasser getting off on the next stop because that was his stop, not because he was scared of the shaking woman and the made up affable large black man.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

goose willis posted:

professor thing

The most unbelievable part about this is that a professor would find it funny to see an exam with grades that poor. In my experience they either get incredibly angry, or realize they screwed up either in teaching or writing the exam. The worst insult I got was "in Russia none of you would have ever been admitted to university and you are embarrassments to yourselves and your family", not "ur retarded LMAO XDDDDD".

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

Did a student follow it up with "Yeah, because in Russia we'd be too loving depressed to do anything but drink and shoot ourselves."

He punctuated it with throwing the exam pile in the trash and walking out not to return until the next week. Mostly everyone sat there in silence and retrieved our exams from the trash after he left.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

That was terrible. I mean it's obviously just shilling for the book he mentions, but he could have at least tried to make it believable. If you get kidney damage and break the 52 bones in your feet while running a marathon, you are the last person anyone should be going to for advice.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Of course he had to throw in the "and they gave me free stuff for absolutely no reason" part. Even if the original was real it makes the guy look like a voyeuristic creep staring at two people making out at work. Don't you have anything better to do?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

I don't have a sister, so maybe I don't understand, but wouldn't it be pretty easy to judge how attractive your sister was, unclothed or not?

I think the key distinction is between acknowledging that your sibling/relative looks good (normal) and being sexually attracted to them (weird).

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I love the stdh ones where they have to throw in the "i am real huge (read: morbidly obese)" and how everyone pisses themselves in fear at the sight of them.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I like how you can tell he is really fat before he admits to it a couple sentences later just from the mention of "cargo pants". I also like how he knows exactly how the kid, who is now seated behind the fat guy, is reacting while he's still in line paying for his food.

And how does he expect the kid to realize he was making a reference to a saturday night live sketch from over 25 years a go? I even started watching it not long after that and I had to look up who "hanukkah harry" is.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I've seen that a few times but it's still amazing how many things in that story didn't happen. People exchanging weights during a fight, someone putting the word "only" before 250/200 pounds, marshmallow girls, cornerstone of kawaii...it's just too much.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Slime posted:

I am PRETTY certain that was made to mock STDH.

I used to think the same thing about pretty much everything posted in this thread, but they can't all be mockeries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Calling Ocala "major" is exceedingly generous

It's basically a lone oasis (albeit filled with meth and prostitutes) in between Tampa and Gainesville so I consider it somewhat major. At least you'll find semi-respectable chain restaurants there. Speaking of K-mart though there was still one in Gainesville when I moved away a few years back. They are rare and terrible but they are still around.