Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
One of the great things about ME3 MP is that you can do just fine on high difficulties with starter classes as long as you know what you're doing. Plain ol' HuDept will wreck poo poo on gold because of the combo system. You're barely firing a weapon at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Same with the human engineer, There's no problem in the game you can't solve with overload and incinerate.

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

One of the great things about ME3 MP is that you can do just fine on high difficulties with starter classes as long as you know what you're doing. Plain ol' HuDept will wreck poo poo on gold because of the combo system. You're barely firing a weapon at all.

It's that pesky "knowing what you're doing" that kills me.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Oberndorf posted:

It's that pesky "knowing what you're doing" that kills me.
But if you're playing with folks who do...well, just follow them around and listen to any instructions. This is only applicable when playing with friends/goons because otherwise you're likely to get people arguing in Russian or hearing lovely music/a baby crying in the background.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I love it when people just leave a hot mic on but don't actually talk or anything, or even really make any utterances of surprise or dismay like some kind of multiplayer robot, but get intensely annoyed if you mute them.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

playing ME3 MP will be nice when I have reliable internet again. Nothing worse than trying to do anything biotic-related and nothing working because of lag, you go from being one of the best players to being a last place scrub

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Does me3s multiplayer stuff travel between console since it's stored in biowares servers? I originally played on 360 but do own it on PS3.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

No it does not.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
And you can't hack poo poo with consoles so you'd really be starting from scratch. But again, not a huge deal if you or the people you're running with know what's up.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Even with PC all you can do is hack your MP Credits, because your gear is stored server side, but your credits are mirrored locally.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
What the gently caress?

The DRM on games is getting outrageous.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

SugarAddict posted:

What the gently caress?

The DRM on games is getting outrageous.

To clarify, its' only your multiplayer classes, gear, and stuff that are stored server side.

There's a save editor for ME3 single player.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

even with starter equipment you can still finish a platinum or two with the right people. That's how I got my start, ran a level 20 Human Adept with a bunch of SA people and also checked one of the build guides in the ME3 MP thread.

Then when I started getting krogan cards there was no turning back :getin:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I really wish the warlord had sync kill immunity like the other big and slow classes. Otherwise it's basically the perfect class for me.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Kurieg posted:

I really wish the warlord had sync kill immunity like the other big and slow classes. Otherwise it's basically the perfect class for me.

100% Melee runs are loving rad with my Ultimate Warrior themed Krolord.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

so you just play Geth then :v:

I think everyone can agree that gently caress Collectors in ME3 MP though, cheating fucks

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Praetorians are just the most broken poo poo, period. It's like a pile of husks became as lovely as a banshee and hey why not let them be immune to all powers too.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

How babby is formed

The Drink(s)
Drunk Off Our Butts
1 oz gin + tonic
1 oz rum + coke
1 bottle/can beer - any type
3 oz Kahlua
1.5 oz Bailey's

For the last drink, 1 oz Kahlua in a shot glass, float 1/2 oz of Bailey's on top. Makes 3.

The Drinking Game
Consume 1 drink during each section (vents, bubble, platforms, Reaper).
Timestamps:
Vents - beginning to 7:14
Bubble - to 18:20
Platforms - to 31:00
Reaper - to 36:35

You'll have a couple minutes of cutscene/credits afterwards if you need to vomit or piss yourself or something.

The Episode
This is it, kids. After a year and some change we finally finish the game.

Starting off Kasumi has to run through some pipes while we open doors and shoot stuff. Even on insanity this is pretty easy and the only thing that will gently caress things up is making a bad choice in who to send into the vents. After that we find a hapless colonist and our crew which turns out badly for the colonist but ok for the rest since we didn't go screwing around after the IFF. I misspoke during the video; if you go immediately after the abduction everyone survives. If you do 1-2 missions half the crew dies, and 3 or more everyone but Chakwas gets turned into a reaper slurpee. We send Mordin with the crew for reasons already mentioned.

Then we hang out in a biotic bubble and shoot things while Jack walks very slowly. It's supposed to be claustrophobic and tense, but mainly you just want to get it over with after the first time. If you don't use Jack or Samara then the bubble doesn't hold and a random person gets carried away by seeker swarms, regardless of loyalty. Hilariously though Miranda has plot armor up until the last section, so if she gets dragged away she'll show up later and nobody mentions it. If you want to kill her you have to take her to the last mission disloyal.

After that it's time to Hold. The. Line. Now how this works is each person has a point score. You're going to want to leave Garrus, Grunt, and Zaeed on the line. IIRC they're worth 2 points each, with a point deducted if they're not loyal. Everyone else is worth one, with the same penalty. Then there's some math involved, you basically need as many points as there are people. A disloyal Zaeed can hold the line if he's by himself. :stare: If you don't have enough points then people start dying, beginning with Mordin (who may die anyway so always safest to send him with the crew). There's a specific order to people dying which I can't be arsed to transcribe, it's the less combat-oriented folks first.

While that's going on we head deep into the bowels of the ship and discover what all the abduction and slurpifying was for. Seems they're building a new reaper out of human puree and it looks like a terminator for some reason. This got a lot of WTF reactions from people at launch. It's incredibly stupid if you stop to think about it, but the section is just so over-the-top and silly it wraps back around into awesome. We kill it, then tell TIM to gently caress off. If you decide to give him the station instead it makes a tiny difference in 3 but that's it. I don't give it to him on general principle since Cerberus sucks :colbert: Then we have to kill the babby reaper again because I guess Shep didn't notice it hanging off the edge of the platform. Our friend the Cain makes another appearance and then the base blows up. We get to officially tell TIM to gently caress off again and then we see that there are a crapload of reapers hanging out in dark space and they'll be here any minute by the looks of it.

Roll credits.

Now we still have 2 DLC's to get through, but neither is super long. I'm leaving for Europe in a couple weeks so we'll be all wrapped up before I go. I expect we'll start 3 around the end of September.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
That sure was one hell of an abortion. :stare:

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!
I'm rather annoyed that Shepherd never gave the best reason for blowing up the facility: "Do you really think Reaper technology won't have some kind of backdoor in it to let them take it over? If we try to use this to make our own Reaper, we'll just be making weapons for them to use against us." There was even that one mission where we saw the video logs of the Cerberus research team slowly losing a battle to keep the Reapers (or was it the Geth?) from taking over the tech on the facility -- and that was human tech, where the Reapers didn't start with an unfair advantage of having created the tech in the first place.

Feels like the writers missed the obvious, here.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I love how the subtitles blatantly spoil the big reveal before the camera even begins panning over it. Good job moron devs.

my dad posted:

That sure was one hell of an abortion. :stare:
Boss fights are often harder on the boss.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Tax Refund posted:

I'm rather annoyed that Shepherd never gave the best reason for blowing up the facility: "Do you really think Reaper technology won't have some kind of backdoor in it to let them take it over? If we try to use this to make our own Reaper, we'll just be making weapons for them to use against us." There was even that one mission where we saw the video logs of the Cerberus research team slowly losing a battle to keep the Reapers (or was it the Geth?) from taking over the tech on the facility -- and that was human tech, where the Reapers didn't start with an unfair advantage of having created the tech in the first place.

Feels like the writers missed the obvious, here.
That and the fact that even parts of a reaper can cause indoctrination. I'm sure that the giant space turd is completely safe and nothing bad would happen from people running around inside it :downs:

Shep's choice should have boiled down to either Paragon "this is way too dangerous to leave intact because it's going to indoctrinate anyone who spends more than a couple hours inside it plus you're a power-hungry rear end in a top hat" or Renegade "eh, Cerberus workers are disposable and you're a power-hungry rear end in a top hat (which we need)."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Overlord is a pretty good object lesson that Cerberus is too stupid to be trusted with anything.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

That and the fact that even parts of a reaper can cause indoctrination. I'm sure that the giant space turd is completely safe and nothing bad would happen from people running around inside it :downs:

Shep's choice should have boiled down to either Paragon "this is way too dangerous to leave intact because it's going to indoctrinate anyone who spends more than a couple hours inside it plus you're a power-hungry rear end in a top hat" or Renegade "eh, Cerberus workers are disposable and you're a power-hungry rear end in a top hat (which we need)."

Doesn't the illusive man get indoctrinated no matter what you choose

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

ikanreed posted:

Doesn't the illusive man get indoctrinated no matter what you choose
Yes. Your choice here results in 1 tiny change in 3 as far as story goes, and insignificant differences in war assets.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Badspot.us had some great comics for the final mission

Also, yay for genocide!

Edit: How is Garrus a good choice for squad leader? Didn't he get pretty much his whole team killed?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

grack posted:

Edit: How is Garrus a good choice for squad leader? Didn't he get pretty much his whole team killed?

He's a bad judge of integrity/character, his team only got killed off because someone betrayed him. He's still a pretty good squad leader.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
The Sidonis thing is honestly lovely writing. Here's a group of guys loving with 3 merc bands on a lawless space station knowing full well that those actions are dangerous AF. Suddenly the merc bands threaten 1 specific guy with death (as if he wouldn't get killed at any time if he was caught) so he flips and gets everyone killed except the guy with the smarts and charisma to get a bunch of misfits to work together and gently caress with said merc groups. Sidonis even gets the smart guy out of the way while the ambush happens, instead of say throwing a big party, getting everyone drunk and then having the mercs kick the door in. Or saying "sure guys, let me set something up" and instead informing his buddies what's going to go down so they can ambush the ambushers. It's retarded. Then of course the mercs let the guy go instead of just killing him to tie up any loose ends.

Garrus is good in combat, can lead people, and is tactically smart. That's why he's a good choice and Zaeed isn't, who is otherwise a stone cold badass.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Kurieg posted:

He's a bad judge of integrity/character, his team only got killed off because someone betrayed him. He's still a pretty good squad leader.
Yeah, he ran a pretty tight crew on Omega for a long time, killing off the gangs. I always felt that it would have been far more interesting if his team had been alive when we arrived to recruit him.

Zaeed on the other hand is a loving death sentence for anyone under his command, seriously, didn't people catch on to the fact that every story of his ends with "and then my team was wiped out and I was the only one standing. Hey, I might actually be a lovely leader!"

Sylphosaurus fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 25, 2017

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Zaeed can hold the line on his own. It's kinda great.

I have sadly missed that kain shot on a playthrough. Nothing has made me sadder, except andromeda.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

YOTC posted:

Zaeed can hold the line on his own. It's kinda great.

That DICK! posted:

I did a Mass Effect 2 Fuckup Shepard run where I left Grunt in the tank and sold off Legion. Everything was going perfect and then I made the fateful decision to leave Zaeed to hold the line by himself

The rear end in a top hat motherfucker DOES IT. My two squad members die, I run back to the ship expecting to die myself and there's MOTHERFUCKIN ZAEED, THE ONLY ONE TO MAKE IT OUT ALIVE YET AGAIN. I guess because I still had Grunt in the tank, he counted as my second squad member.

So the very end where Shepard does his walkthrough to give nods to his crew members was hilarious. It was just shot of Shepard nodding, shot of Zaeed nodding. Shot of Shepard nodding, shot of Zaeed cocking his gun. It loving ruled

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Nobody's mentioning Ceiling TIM at around 28:24? Did...did no one else see him?

...oh god I'm crazy

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I had completely forgotten that the Human Reaper would peekaboo like that.

Kurieg posted:

I wouldn't even call him a bad judge of character, Sidonis didn't join up to stab the group in the back, he just happened to be the one who got grabbed and forced to turn. That's not necessarily an obvious result that could've been identified and weeded out when that killteam was being put together.

everyone posted:

Zaeed being Zaeed.
If only 3 had a Zaeed ending.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Neophyte posted:

Nobody's mentioning Ceiling TIM at around 28:24? Did...did no one else see him?

...oh god I'm crazy

What the hell, is that in the base game?

EDIT: apparently so, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oja6-3CNDcE&t=52s has it too, just set it to slow

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

monster on a stick posted:

What the hell, is that in the base game?

EDIT: apparently so, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oja6-3CNDcE&t=52s has it too, just set it to slow

I think that's just his hologram model's transparency failing.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Yeah I totally meant to comment on that and forgot. It's one of the funnier bugs in the series.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Yeah I totally meant to comment on that and forgot. It's one of the funnier bugs in the series.

Still not as good as Jeremy's Powerpoint presentation on Samara's boobs, though strictly speaking that's probably not a bug.

grack fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 26, 2017

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
You could always take a break between 2 and 3

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I don't know what game that is :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

One of the modern XCOMs.

• Locked thread