Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Okay so when I needed ideas for dinner last wednesday ananspore told me to make shakshuka which is crazy cause eggs are a breakfast food! But it did look hella good so I said I would make it for breakfast soon and now I am. Here is my thread about making shakshuka based off of the first recipe I found on google cause I dont know how to make it otherwise. If it turns out good and you guys have better recipes for it let me know and I'll probs make it again.

Anyway so first here is all the poo poo imma be using for this.

here is pepper and onion in the pan, i hosed up and forgot I got an anahiem pepper that I was going to add to for a little extra flavor and color, oh well use it for somethign else I guess :doh:

Here is my secret blend of herbs and spices which are CUM(:q:)in, paprika, and cayenne pepper.

So here is everthing slowly cooking down, it smells really good in here already. I browse GBS while I wait for it to finish cooking....

Tomatoes added. I will admit at this point im getting pretty nervous, it is currently 10:06 and I have a tee time at 11.... Tiem to get dressed while i wait for this to simmer down I guess poo poo!

annnnd im just about out of time so this thread will be finished when I get back and it will be about my lunch I guess. poo poo.

oh well hopefull it will still kick rear end when i get back, just tomatoes and onion and pepper so figure it should sit just fine and even absorb more flavor maybe.

Nooner: Man, GBS Legend, Aspiring Cooking Guy, and Cutest Golfer on the Course.

SEE YOU GUYS LATER WITH THE THRILLING CONCLUSION OF THIS THREAD!!! IM OFF TO PLAY WITH MY BALLS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
Tony's isn't Latin - I've been lied to this whole time

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
okay after two loving hours because the course marshal who didnt want to let my group on because there was five of us but wouldnt do poo poo about the hot slampiece in front of us who was taking a lesson and teeing off like 6-7 times, I'm finally home and the shashuka is in the oven with some eggies. I only used 4 instead of the 6 i was going to because my roommates ate some while I was out the sons of bitches but it still smells good in my entire apartment hallway so thats cool. Update coming in like 10 minutes

Nooner fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 17, 2016

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Right out of the oven

and bowled

holy poo poo it is good. The recipe I found said to eat it with some kind of special Jewish bread but I didnt see anything like it at the market so I just heated up some tortillas and used those and drat they were good. 5/5 would eat again, only thing I would change would be to maybe add some mushrooms or like some ground sausage or something to give it a little extra kick. Thank you for recommending this to me Anonspore!

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
I would really like to look at your eggs but you need to resize your images.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Bollock Monkey posted:

I would really like to look at your eggs but you need to resize your images.

Nooner posted:

Right out of the oven

and bowled

holy poo poo it is good. The recipe I found said to eat it with some kind of special Jewish bread but I didnt see anything like it at the market so I just heated up some tortillas and used those and drat they were good. 5/5 would eat again, only thing I would change would be to maybe add some mushrooms or like some ground sausage or something to give it a little extra kick. Thank you for recommending this to me Anonspore!

happy now?

also kinda thought about it and this is basically like Middle-Eastern huevos rancheros, no wonder its so good

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
That looks good, Nooner.

If you keep cooking tomatoes in cast iron, you're going to rust your pan and make everything bitter. You might want to switch to a stoneware or pyrex.

It looks like it would make a great Breakfast Lunch pizza!

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Nice job, Nooner. You look exactly as I imagined you'd look.

Protip: next time you make this, don't use canned diced tomatoes. They contain calcium chloride, which prevents them from breaking down in the dish. Buy a can of whole peeled tomatoes and squish them or mash them into pieces. It'll make the dish nicer to eat!

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Looks good. Would eat.

Those shades make me irrationally angry.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

The Midniter posted:

Protip: next time you make this, don't use canned diced tomatoes. They contain calcium chloride, which prevents them from breaking down in the dish. Buy a can of whole peeled tomatoes and squish them or mash them into pieces. It'll make the dish nicer to eat!

Or just switch to Pomi. Much better brand.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

The Midniter posted:

That's neat to know. I made this dish a few weeks ago and followed the recipe that called for whole canned, but it's good to know why. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i don't think any of them do in the uk thats one of the weird things the US allows

• Locked thread