Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:synpa:

I haven't lived with my parents since I left for college at 17. Grown ups don't live with their parents unless it's like you have to because they are old and dying or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Considering my genetic progenitors are each half-coiled within my genetic structure I'd have to say I will always be living with my parents.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

My living arrangements and day to day life closely parallel the television sitcom fraiser starring david hyde pierce

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I'd like to live in a house with a bunch of hot goon moms and bang them on the reg. Can we arrange this?

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

katlington posted:

I wish i had stayed living at home also that then my parents had died and i kept living there and never changed anything in the house and i kept sleeping in my room and preserved theirs as it was like theyd only just popped out to the store and could walk back through the door at any time also i would eat icecream and sandwiches all day

That's exactly what my college roommate did.

Except he's too lazy to make sandwiches, he eats out almost every meal.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I live with my grandparents. I take care of them and the house because my grandma is as old as dirt and can't get up the stairs real well, and in exchange they're letting me live with them while I'm in college. It's pretty sweet not having to pay rent at some lovely apartment but man I cannot wait until I am no longer in college and no longer have to deal with their "kids these days" spiel.

edit: Of course, I mean "taking care of them" in the loosest sense, they are independent people with their own lives, I just live here and fix the roof when poo poo starts leaking and whatever.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

wide stance posted:

Roomates are worse than parents. Been free of both since 20 years young.

You're not wrong; flatmates were an economic necessity for me through university but thereafter I swore I'd never again live with anyone unless in a relationship.

(Now I happen to get along fine with my parents but I'm still glad we don't share a roof for more than the occasional holiday visit.)

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
No

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I live with a ladyperson.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

I live with a ladyperson.
say hi to your mom for me.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm about to move back in with mine for awhile because moving to the city didn't pan out for me as my income can't keep up with rising rents and I'll be damned if I pay over $1400/mo for a shoebox studio just to stay in the city.
Probably just stay with them long enough to save up a few months' rent before moving to a cheaper town where all the poors from my current town are getting pushed into, then I'll have independence again.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

a hole-y ghost posted:

say hi to your mom for me.

My mom is no lady.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I shoved both their bodies in my hot water heater so I can shower with them and jack it in the secret of their ooze.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I live with my parents because I got a job down the street and its much cheaper than getting my own place somewhere else

Move out when I get a better job or go back to school, I guess

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

No not me but I know some people my age (late 20s) who still do, they at least have decent retirement savings... but I'm totally not sure if that's worth the shame of sleeping on the same Lion King bedsheets you've had since being a child

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Moved out at 18 and haven't looked back.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I moved out when I was nineteen. I know a guy that was looking at houses during his engagement but finally decided that his wife should just move into his parents' house with him until they were financially steady. That was three years ago and they're totally financially steady but still sleep on the same futon he slept on when he was sixteen.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

dog buttz posted:

I moved out when I was nineteen. I know a guy was looking at houses during his engagement but finally decided that his wife should just move into his parents' house with him until they were financially steady. That was three years ago and they're totally financially steady but still sleep on the same futon he slept on when he was sixteen.
imagine all the awkward romance comedy lights off at night sex incidents that happened.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i stay with my mom when she gets bedridden, which is increasingly frequent. dunno why i even pay for my own apartment since i spend so little time there these days.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only thing weirder about living with your parents past say 20 is paying them rent, my mother would probably pay me to live with her.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Three Olives posted:

The only thing weirder about living with your parents past say 20 is paying them rent, my mother would probably pay me to live with her.

neg your mom guys they eat it up

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
been paying rent literally since i was a fetus get on my level

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

bluewedge posted:

been paying rent literally since i was a fetus get on my level

your mom should've kicked your fetal rear end the hell out lmbo get it? abortion

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

nobody who lives with their parents is going to post in this thread

grumpy
Aug 30, 2004

No, but my parents are currently living with me. It has been...a challenge.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Moved out the second I graduated high school but moved back after 6 months because of a hellish roommate.
My folks have been split for 20 years now. They both love in pretty nice houses and I'd be okay to stay with them if I somehow became financially destitute.

Moving the discussion along:
I'm almost 30, live with my GF and rent a big house. How many of you bought a house and how early?
I live in Portland and, until prices drop back to pre-Portlandia craze, I cannot buy a house.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I moved out at 18 then came back at 30 after I suddenly lost a job I had invested too deeply in. Now I not only live with my parents in Northern Nowhere Colorado, I work for my family business here. Pure shameful nepotism but it's great for paying off debts and saving up money; plus I get to smoke all sorts of lovely things with my kin. Nothing brightens up an evening with white-haired old ladies quite like a pouch of shatterglass and an E-nail.

Nonetheless I look forward to my next place, even if I have to have roommates (I definitely will). Don't give up, embarrassed lurkers! Giving up is way more embarrassing.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I moved out at 18 then came back at 30 after I suddenly lost a job I had invested too deeply in. Now I not only live with my parents in Northern Nowhere Colorado, I work for my family business here. Pure shameful nepotism but it's great for paying off debts and saving up money; plus I get to smoke all sorts of lovely things with my kin. Nothing brightens up an evening with white-haired old ladies quite like a pouch of shatterglass and an E-nail.

Nonetheless I look forward to my next place, even if I have to have roommates (I definitely will). Don't give up, embarrassed lurkers! Giving up is way more embarrassing.

Wait so if you move back home you have to nail white haired old ladies?

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

criscodisco posted:

Wait so if you move back home you have to nail white haired old ladies?

You don't have to but if they're the ones dealing out dabs it's impolite to decline.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

criscodisco posted:

I shoved both their bodies in my hot water heater so I can shower with them and jack it in the secret of their ooze.

Sounds very Ted Cruz to me. Except for the hot water part. I think he'd use the sewage tank.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
TBH living at home would really help me financially, but I just like to get hosed up too much

alos both of my parents have disowned me

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If income inequality keeps moving in this direction, I think we will see much more generational houses that are very common in other cultures.

We had an exchange student from rural Japan that was shocked that I intended to move out as soon as possible but also that I only saw my grandparents maybe once a year.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

If income inequality keeps moving in this direction, I think we will see much more generational houses that are very common in other cultures.

We had an exchange student from rural Japan that was shocked that I intended to move out as soon as possible but also that I only saw my grandparents maybe once a year.
i remember when millennial.jpg spent 10 pages aruging about how if you don't move out as soon as possible, you're actually a loser and you suck

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Microwaves Mom posted:

Sounds very Ted Cruz to me. Except for the hot water part. I think he'd use the sewage tank.

that is where he sleeps

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Outpost22 posted:

TBH living at home would really help me financially, but I just like to get hosed up too much

I feel bad for people who had to learn how to get hosed up at school, it ought to be taught in the home! Grumble grumble modern values...

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I feel bad for people who had to learn how to get hosed up at school, it ought to be taught in the home! Grumble grumble modern values...
can confirm, my dad has told me that as long as i notify him beforehand and stay in my room, i can get hosed up on whatever

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

When my Dad found a spindly little french-fry joint that had fallen out of my back pack when I was 17 he laughed his rear end off and said nothing, then on my 21st birthday he came to visit and showed me how to roll properly, with a two-ounce bag of paonia Purple and a jumbo pack of zig-zag cut-corners. One of my fondest birthday memories.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Three Olives posted:

weren't you given a condo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

When my Dad found a spindly little french-fry joint that had fallen out of my back pack when I was 17 he laughed his rear end off and said nothing, then on my 21st birthday he came to visit and showed me how to roll properly, with a two-ounce bag of paonia Purple and a jumbo pack of zig-zag cut-corners. One of my fondest birthday memories.

I'm at home visiting the folks and I brought my dad some cool hash-oil vape pens. I'm so happy he started smoking again, it's like showing him the future!

He always loved pot, but my mom is a resident alien so she was very anti-pot and my dad just kind of stopped. The worst part is she never thought it was inherently dangerous, she was just worried about getting deported for "Having Drugs In The House." As though we'd let mom take the heat for a quarter ounce of pot.

"No officer that's my mom's weed. Sorry mom but I can't have a misdemeanor rap. Time for you to go back home."

• Locked thread