Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
No but I'm purchasing an acreage and may build a house on it for them. Well away from my house. I want them to move out of Surrey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker
I guess technically I live with my father, but he just stays contained in a small but surprisingly heavy cardboard box. He isn't really the urn type.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i was born of the stars and moon themselves, from the celestial heavens on high did descend to spend my time 'twixt the affairs of mortal men

so to answer your question, sorta?

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

While in college I swore I wouldn't move back in with my folks afterwards. Then immediately after graduating the recession hit. The next three years were marked by unemployment and poo poo retail work. Strangely enough I'm a bit nostalgic for that era due to the evenings I would spend drinking my dad's Busch Light and watching bad internet critic videos. Been on my own for four years and nothing short of an economic depression/parental illness is going to force me back home.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
yes

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Moved out at 32. Moving back in because I'm broke.

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
currently leaning towards moving back after living on my own for a year. It just makes financial sense, could have a down payment for a house in 1 year instead of 3. Not looking forward to giving up my 10 minute commute, though lots of people drive 40 mins to and from work.

black children
Dec 14, 2009
when im not in alaska i live with my grandma. she's very old and has had a lot of surgery, so it's been pretty tough for her to do stuff and live by herself since my step-granddad died. she has a wonderful 40 acre property that's been in our family for generations, so i maintain it for her and also help her with her day-to-day stuff like making food, cleaning up, making sure she gets her medicine etc. in return, i live in a trailer on the property (she lives in a cabin also on the property). it's a great setup and i love my grandma :)

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
I moved out at 18 to go to college so that I could make enough money to not live with my parents

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Cnut the Great posted:

I live with some dude named Lawrence. I'm not sure how he's related to me. He always smells like liquor and I usually try to avoid talking to him.

Son of a BICTH

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Negative. I am neither a child nor a loser.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I do because rent near my work is costly as gently caress and mutt parents don't charge me anything.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Wedemeyer posted:

Haaaa tbh this might be me in the future. gently caress everything!

My older sister still lives at home with her enormous sailor moon anime collection. Last time I visited she had a 'stay home club' sticker on her door and was wearing one of these 'stay at home club' shirts

I'm not even kidding. http://stayhomeclub.com/collections/women/products/stay-home-club-reverse-loose-tee

Wow. I'm glad I have shame as a motivator to move out ASAP. I can't imagine taking the move in with my folks to the level where I take pride in it.

Sialia
Feb 12, 2016

black children posted:

when im not in alaska i live with my grandma. she's very old and has had a lot of surgery, so it's been pretty tough for her to do stuff and live by herself since my step-granddad died. she has a wonderful 40 acre property that's been in our family for generations, so i maintain it for her and also help her with her day-to-day stuff like making food, cleaning up, making sure she gets her medicine etc. in return, i live in a trailer on the property (she lives in a cabin also on the property). it's a great setup and i love my grandma :)

This is a very good reason to be living with family. Thank you for helping your grandmother.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

no

thanks for reading!

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?
I live on a small estate where I can paint and hunt pheasants (and brew backwoods hooch)

Also can confirm moving back in with parents to save money for a few years is a pro strat

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
why doesn't your grandmother just get a job

SUBLIME!
Mar 7, 2009

my quiver is full~
moved out two years ago left the state a year ago

now paying more than i probably should be for a lovely little studio apartment shared with the girlfriend and it's completely worth it because gently caress central texas. killeen is the shittiest place in the galaxy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
I sincerely wish so, op.

• Locked thread