Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Forgive me if this is a dumb question. :kiddo:

Had a JVC Bluetooth receiver, KDX320BTS faceplate pulled from the car. I'm wondering, rather than putting the exact same thing back, could i put in similar models (example, kdx330bts) faceplate instead? Is there a way or a list to tell me what's compatible?

Edit: if it helps, this is the kinds of connector it has

Morter fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

People still actually steal these things? I thought that died out in the 90's. What value could the faceplate possibly have without the actual radio?

jabadoo
Aug 10, 2004
couple on ebay at the moment..

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Augmented Dickey posted:

People still actually steal these things? I thought that died out in the 90's. What value could the faceplate possibly have without the actual radio?

Crackheads are vindictive and destructive. They probably took it to punish him for not having a cupholder full of change or a pack of cigarettes to steal.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Augmented Dickey posted:

Well...

jabadoo posted:

couple on ebay at the moment..

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Isn't the whole point of the faceplate as an anti-theft feature that it is uniquely keyed to the unit itself and won't even be compatible with another faceplate of the same model?

I would imagine you would have to contact the manufacturer.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I am pretty sure you need an unpaired faceplate unless you buy your back from the crackhead that stole it. Look on craigslist or just replace the whole thing. I always went with the radios where you pulled the whole radio out when I lived in scetchytown. You did have to pull it out though and carry it around like a moron but it never got stolen. On a bonus I just left the car unlocked to save the windows. No one ever took a poo poo on the seat thank goodness.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

~Coxy posted:

Isn't the whole point of the faceplate as an anti-theft feature that it is uniquely keyed to the unit itself and won't even be compatible with another faceplate of the same model?

I would imagine you would have to contact the manufacturer.

No, its simply a deterant because well, wtf are you gonna do without a faceplate so why break in and steal the radio.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
A faceplate from the exact same model (and only the exact same model) will work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

A faceplate from the exact same model (and only the exact same model) will work.

Thank you.

• Locked thread