Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Worst case scenario, they'll fire him and Star C will go on. The people who are still in it are past the point where something like this would change their minds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

AAB posted:

if only there was a process commonly used by business to review peoples background or a way to search their aliases across the world wide web

Ben would die for Chris Roberts. He IS dying for Chris Roberts.

You can't buy that kind of loyalty.

NVM

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I hope you guys harass :lesnick: on Twitter and other avenues with selected quotes on what a fat, creepy :aatrek: piece of poo poo he is.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Pvt.Scott posted:

What's with Derek Smart? Why do they even care about him. Isn't he the guy that made the terrible Battlecruiser games? Are they afraid of his legacy as a space sim juggernaut?

The tl;dr is that he made a blog stating a bunch of problems he saw with the project (in typical Derek Smart fashion). When CIG refunded him as a result, he got serious and started a little one-man crusade to dig in and uncover as much behind the project as possible (since his main complain was lack of transparency with backer money). Goons welcomed him with open arms, and after The Escapist article that he had nothing to do with, Chris Roberts declared Smart the official face of all detractors for Star Citizen and target for his cultists.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
You think he would like a framed picture of that lady in his casket ? Like some old king taking his wife with him to the afterlife ?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

spacetoaster posted:

Took the 1,200 photos of his stalker target down too. lol

You know, I really didn't think he'd do that. I genuinely thought he'd insist on keeping them up, signifying that him having all that poo poo was nothing wrong right until he got roasted so hard he broke down blubbering.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
i would like to know how gamergate feels about all of this

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Skoll posted:

I hope you guys harass :lesnick: on Twitter and other avenues with selected quotes on what a fat, creepy :aatrek: piece of poo poo he is.

If I had been dumb enough to give money to failed movie director (by way of making mediocre space games) Chris Roberts, I'd consider it.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Decebal posted:

You think he would like a framed picture of that lady in his casket ? Like some old king taking his wife with him to the afterlife ?
I think he already has that lady in a casket so that's probably good enough for him

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

My Framed Lady

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Homer J. Fong posted:

i would like to know how gamergate feels about all of this

wouldn't we all

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
All I ask of Ben is to come back to the forums and stand up for his crimes against beloved local news reporter Kerri-Lee.

No, thank you, Ben!

Junior Jr. fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 17, 2016

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

My Framed Lady

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

We just got it from Ben. And took it apart.

I admit this looks bad but one persons mistakes shouldn't reflect poorly on the entire 300 person company.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Decebal posted:

Do they make caskets big enough for him?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

kikkelivelho posted:

I admit this looks bad but one persons mistakes shouldn't reflect poorly on the entire 300 person company.

They can do that on their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLGjA7aR1MA&index=1&list=LLiuVX2traAHMLPX_zTLWRsw

AND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qiLp_j0TH8

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

kikkelivelho posted:

Usually true. But trust me - in CIG's case they absolutely do. And the proof will be when this fat gently caress still stays as their head of community management after all this.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

kikkelivelho posted:

Think of it more as the tip of the iceberg, since they've already been facing accusations of nepotism (how lesnick got his job in the first place), mismanagement, racism, and just generally poor working conditions that pay below the industry standard.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
star shitizen

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Conspiratiorist posted:

Think of it more as the tip of the iceberg, since they've already been facing accusations of nepotism (how lesnick got his job in the first place), mismanagement, racism, and just generally poor working conditions that pay below the industry standard.

Only through great suffering can great works of art be achieved. You should read Michelangelo's diary as he was painting the Sistine Chapel.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

kikkelivelho posted:

They're all really cool people.

Professionals all of them.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

kikkelivelho posted:

Oops. I accidentally stalked the woman on TV and have more than a thousand pictures of her. Oops. Little mistake on my part—my bad!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Oops, I accidentally said I was going to gently caress my little sister and put up hundreds of "jokes" on the internet about how I want to gently caress kids! Oops! What a mistake! silly me!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Homer J. Fong posted:

star shitizen

We're calling this episode with Ben's website Ben-ghazi.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

a hole-y ghost posted:

Oops, I accidentally said I was going to gently caress my little sister and put up hundreds of "jokes" on the internet about how I want to gently caress kids! Oops! What a mistake! silly me!

Come on guys, I didn't really mean all those nasty comments about black people all those years ago, I'm working with a black guy in the Star Citizen staff team. See? That denies that I'm ever racist at all.

Junior Jr. fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 17, 2016

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Junior Jr. posted:

Come on guys, I didn't really mean all those nasty comments about black people, I'm working with a black guy in the Star Citizen staff team. See? That denies that I'm ever racist at all.
This black guy, see, that's the guy that's racist! See how many racists that guy hangs out with? See how many racists that N—ooh er um, that man hangs out with?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

a hole-y ghost posted:

Oops. I accidentally stalked the woman on TV and have more than a thousand pictures of her. Oops. Little mistake on my part—my bad!

I mean that was Ben specifically. Not Chris, not his wife or RSI. I already said that they probably need to let Ben go because of this.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Junior Jr. posted:

Come on guys, I didn't really mean all those nasty comments about black people all those years ago, I'm working with a black guy in the Star Citizen staff team. See? That denies that I'm ever racist at all.

black guy was only made relevant because the ceo's wife was called out for being hella racist so now there is a black guy in most webcasts

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

thanku commando melkor

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

This is like Sea Patrol, except that Sea Patrol was a harmless obsession, and this is actually more like Granos. So it's not like Sea Patrol at all, but horrible and creepy, if you get what I mean.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

kikkelivelho posted:

I mean that was Ben specifically. Not Chris, not his wife or RSI. I already said that they probably need to let Ben go because of this.

They will never fire Ben. The poo poo he knows would destroy them if he went rogue.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Junior Jr. posted:

a hole-y ghost posted:

This black guy, see, that's the guy that's racist! See how many racists that guy hangs out with? See how many racists that N—ooh er um, that man hangs out with?

They didn't trot out "Money" until goons accused them of racism. He's been in every broadcast since.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

kikkelivelho posted:

"Probably"?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
From Ben's http://www.wcnews.com/loaf/photos/jerkcamera folder:

http://www.wcnews.com/loaf/photos/jerkcamera/100_0066.JPG

http://www.wcnews.com/loaf/photos/jerkcamera/101_0037.JPG

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

spacetoaster posted:

They didn't trot out "Money" until goons accused them of racism. He's been in every broadcast since.

His cap explains why he signed up for the broadcasts.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Ryoshi posted:

"Probably"?
Uhh uhhhhh hey let's be reasonable here guys! Don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater! Let's not do anything too rash guys! Guys! This stalker paedophile deserves the benefit of the doubt everyone. I don't think we should be so quick to pass judgment!

a hole-y ghost fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 17, 2016

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hey guys, let's not forget to search for word in his giant list of thousands of "jokes".

Here's one:

quote:

No, but If I was going to rape 12 year old girls I'd get a vasectomy... but I'm not so I won't so there. #14,547

Ha ha! Right?

Here, click the link, replace "hitler" with whatever cool word you like and read away! Post the funniest ones here!

http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?query=hitler

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

"Jerk" is referring to himself, not masturbation. Those women are way too old for him to jerk off to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

lol of course he has a trinitron

• Locked thread