Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Looking back on things, its interesting that MM was the guy who got doused first, and you had the spreading lighter fluid mechanic. We sent MM to do every kill, so the lighter fluid spread to 5 people right before they promptly died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

As a guy that thoroughly enjoyed reading that game I gotta say.
I am really surprised ganny's word kept being taken as valuable while he got townie after townie lynched.
Even the people that thought ganny town should have at least called him an idiot that keeps getting townies lynched at some point.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

FoolyCharged posted:

As a guy that thoroughly enjoyed reading that game I gotta say.
I am really surprised ganny's word kept being taken as valuable while he got townie after townie lynched.
Even the people that thought ganny town should have at least called him an idiot that keeps getting townies lynched at some point.

I WAS TRYING

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Well I was wrong, but didn't live long enough to infect the town with it

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
What were u wrong about wnm?

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Ganny being town mostly

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

So was pretty much everyone.
The idea of bulletproof miller is interesting. A lot of people brought up how miller should just claim day 1 to save the cop trouble. Ganny's perfect defense to this was that he wanted to hide being bulletproof from town and it makes a ton of sense.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

eSporks posted:

So was pretty much everyone.
The idea of bulletproof miller is interesting. A lot of people brought up how miller should just claim day 1 to save the cop trouble. Ganny's perfect defense to this was that he wanted to hide being bulletproof from town and it makes a ton of sense.

It did work out nicely for mafia, as it turns out. If Tendai hadn't been bulletproof, ganny would probably have been lynched on day 2. I personally didn't know that mafia role cop was a thing until later in the game (since this is my first time playing), so it wasn't until farther down the road that I realized there was a very good explanation for why ganny knew that Tendai was bulletproof. I was absolutely convinced he was full of poo poo until he pulled out tendai's role.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Izzhov posted:

If you look at the scum doc Microwaves Mom was thinking of running an MS Paint mafia after this

probably next week.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Shadow0's game is still looking for one more player if any of you are interested.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Concerned Citizen posted:

It did work out nicely for mafia, as it turns out. If Tendai hadn't been bulletproof, ganny would probably have been lynched on day 2. I personally didn't know that mafia role cop was a thing until later in the game (since this is my first time playing), so it wasn't until farther down the road that I realized there was a very good explanation for why ganny knew that Tendai was bulletproof. I was absolutely convinced he was full of poo poo until he pulled out tendai's role.

I lucked out on that role cop, for sure!

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i dont fully agree with the actions taken to kill Tony Gambino who owns the pasta shop but his brother runs the show over there. All he did was sell cars over at Carmine's mostly used car lot and he got paid very well to detail the hearse from Faducci's Funeral Parlor on the days he needs it for the circus. His widow and kids all died in a carbon monoxide leak while he was out of town last week on business but his mistress is doing really, really, well now. He is now barely concerned that more mysterious carbon monoxide leaks may happen because he was Amish and we don't believe in using batteries or a CO detector.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
:siren: Sword of Gannthritor: Penultimate Update!:siren:

Nobody has claimed any prizes yet! The game will end in 12 hours because that poo poo is probably gonna get unhosted real soon! Act now for a forums upgrade!

Final clue:

You should end up with 8 passwords before the final level, 5 of which are fake! Don't use those ones!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

gannyGrabber posted:

:siren: Sword of Gannthritor: Penultimate Update!:siren:

Nobody has claimed any prizes yet! The game will end in 12 hours because that poo poo is probably gonna get unhosted real soon! Act now for a forums upgrade!

Final clue:

You should end up with 8 passwords before the final level, 5 of which are fake! Don't use those ones!

I gave up when I saw the picture and couldn't make out what was what.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Heehee! I'll post the solution when i'm at home so you can be mad at me.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Microwaves Mom posted:

I gave up when I saw the picture and couldn't make out what was what.
I figured out what the picture is I think, but I have no idea what to do with it. I'm also missing a password apparently. I'm down to team work this if you want to try.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i didnt know this puzzle was a thing drat

i like this kind of thing. i found that weird picture with a bunch of letters and shapes but what the gently caress kind of mspaint poo poo is this

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

eSporks posted:

I figured out what the picture is I think, but I have no idea what to do with it. I'm also missing a password apparently. I'm down to team work this if you want to try.

nah thats too much effort. GOod luck though.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Kumbamontu posted:

i didnt know this puzzle was a thing drat

i like this kind of thing. i found that weird picture with a bunch of letters and shapes but what the gently caress kind of mspaint poo poo is this

you're a bit behind... but you still have 2.5 hours left to solve it!

Also I just went back through the spreads and rechecked everything. I am confident that the solution makes sense! Also, some idiot added a password on page 5, "crocodile", which I did not add. Ignore that!

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Well, I still only have 7 out of 8 passwords, I don't know what I am missing or if it matters.

EDIT: Oh, found the last one. I have no idea what it means or ho it relates to anything.
EDIT2: Figured out what it means, still no idea how it helps.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 29, 2016

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm pretty sure you have all the passwords that matter, sporks.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Is the skateboard a roomba? and is the UFO an albatross?

Yea, I'm pretty sure I have everything. I just don't know what your hieroglyphics are or wtf I am supposed to do with the konami code.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

eSporks posted:

Is the skateboard a roomba? and is the UFO an albatross?

Yea, I'm pretty sure I have everything. I just don't know what your hieroglyphics are or wtf I am supposed to do with the konami code.

yes and yes.

input it.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

gannyGrabber posted:

yes and yes.

input it.
I pushed up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a on imgur and I got a picture of cats. My first guess is "cats" and if thats not it, my final guess is "komodo". If thats not it I'm done and I hate you.

For reference, this is the picture imgur gave me.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I'd rather have dogs caught mid sneeze.

That explains why I was getting U D and not able to spell words from his lovely hieroglpyhs though.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
You can def spell a word from my input screen. Silly guys!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Anyways 1 hour and 39 mins to end

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Microwaves Mom posted:

I'd rather have dogs caught mid sneeze.

That explains why I was getting U D and not able to spell words from his lovely hieroglpyhs though.
What do you mean? I feel like I'm close to this, but I really just don't get the konami code. I've tried all kinds of poo poo like shifting the pictures around up, up, down, down, etc.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

gannyGrabber posted:

You can def spell a word from my input screen. Silly guys!
BVSSCDCYANQX?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

eSporks posted:

What do you mean? I feel like I'm close to this, but I really just don't get the konami code. I've tried all kinds of poo poo like shifting the pictures around up, up, down, down, etc.

You're right on the verge of it. You were closer earlier in your PMs than you are now.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Candy?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I'm going to guess the word is Potato

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
yeah you're waaaaay overthinking it. Nice arrows though!!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
:siren: Sword of Gannthritor, FINAL UPDATE :siren:

Nobody has won the game! The evil lord has prevailed and all hope is lost! (OR IS IT!??!?!)

Here is the solution..

Fake passwords:
Swordfish (day 1 D1000)
Gannymede (day 2 D263)
Condor (day 2 D1000)
-----Tip------ The man posting in the column is not who he seems! (D398)
-----Tip------ Day 1,2 passwords are fake! (D652)
Komodo (day 3 D1000) given by evil lord
Albatross (day 4 D1000) given by evil lord
Ultra Fake password:
Crocodile (day 5 A531), graffitii'd on page by some jackass (not me)

Hidden passwords:
Roomba (day 3 n524 > n379 > B524)

Real Passwords:
Safety Dance (day 3 z830, given by real gannyGrabber)
Aceship (Day 4 D561, skip 7 cypher (hint on D744 from princess))

Tips:
Remember the Konami Code! (UUDDLRLRBA)(day 3 n525)
Think backwards! (day 5, given by real gannyGrabber)

Door to final level: (Day 5 Z999)

------------

Solution to the final level

Each password matches a key on the controller...

"Up" is Swordfish (Fish)
"Left" is Komodo (Lizard)
"Right" is Condor (stubby bird)
"Down" is Safety Dance (by Men without Hats)
"Select" is Roomba (wheeled disc)
"Start" is Albatross (Long winged bird)
"B" is Aceship (Spade blasting off)
"A" is Gannymede (Moon, Ganymede is a moon of Jupiter)

Inputting the Konami code while not reusing symbols, starting at the pointer and reading left to right like a normal human being, would give you
BVSSCD"blank"YAX

However, if you remove the letters that correspond to fake passwords from that string, instead you get
SSA

You then follow the ganny hint from day 5 to reverse that, and get "rear end" as your final password. Hee hee!

------------

I was going to incorporate an arcade style name entry screen as an extra hint (who's ever been to an arcade without a top score being from rear end?) But the mafia game ended and the doc got locked.

Anyways eSporks at one point PM'd me the password as "LASS" which is close enough for me! You have found the Spork of Gumblinnor and will receive a prize shortly!

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 30, 2016

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

You son of a bitch. I was just about to come in here and call you an aceship, no hat, no hat. I didn't think that would be the solution.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

eSporks posted:

You son of a bitch. I was just about to come in here and call you an aceship, no hat, no hat. I didn't think that would be the solution.

Check your PMs for a gift cert :3:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Anyways I am glad you wasted some of your life wrestling with that puzzle. The best part is that I made all the passwords before I made the solution and had no idea how to make a word out of it that was longer than 3 letters. Lol!!

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

gannyGrabber posted:

Anyways I am glad you wasted some of your life wrestling with that puzzle. The best part is that I made all the passwords before I made the solution and has no idea how to make a word out of it that was longer than 3 letters. Lol!!
Well a ton of words are possible, towards the end I was using anagram solvers to brute force it. I think the part that really threw me was all the symbols having more than one letter. I think your start arrow was actually a hindrance here. Instead of just reading left tor right, I thought I was supposed to do some weird column shifting or something.

There was some weird logic I don't understand either, like roomba apparently being a real password but also a symbol you somehow have to know you aren't supposed to use. I'm not sure why the roomba looks like a skateboard either. I figured out that aceship and no hate were the real passwords because they were the only ones you said were real. This led me to thinking the phrase was "sans" which points to the komodo as the answer because its the only one sans a letter.

And in hindsight "-----Tip------ The man posting in the column is not who he seems! (D398)
-----Tip------ Day 1,2 passwords are fake! (D652)" makes sense, but I was thinking it only applied to that one tab not the whole sheet.

In the end there were a poo poo ton of red herrings, and I had no real idea what direction I was supposed to go in to figure out what mattered and what didn't. I guess it was just like a game of mafia!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I'll be starting a Mafia GBS MS Paint Edition this friday!

Hold onto your butts.

• Locked thread