Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

PunkBoy posted:

she soon finds herself caught in the middle of a conflict between those that rule Glass, and those fighting to depose them.
:geno:

PunkBoy posted:

Unlike the first game, Catalyst will be in an open-world setting, giving you more freedom on the path to take to your objective.
That was a major weakness of the first, that a lot of the time the "challenge" consisted entirely of looking around till you saw the only possible path you could take. Being able to take alternate routes that had different challenges and obstacles would be neat.

PunkBoy posted:

Combat does return from the first game
:(

PunkBoy posted:

while Faith will face enemies with firearms, she herself doesn't use them
Well, unless combat is basically unrecognisable compared with the first game, I guess I won't be playing it, because being able to steal guns and just shoot people was the only way I got through a lot of it. And that gameplay trailer made combat look pretty much identical, for all they say they've changed it.

PunkBoy posted:

a lot of emphasis on the new combat system
Why? Why does this game even need combat? It was the biggest factor in ruining the first one, why even have it?

Mordja posted:

He's going to betray you.
My guess is he knew exactly what was going to happen in that first mission (shown in the gameplay trailer) and deliberately sent Faith in to get whatever it was she grabbed.

Trivia posted:

Over / under on them adding horrible combat to a game about running (again)?
Judging by the gameplay they've shown, they absolutely 100% have done that.

Why can't we just have a game where you're a parkour courier and the police only hassle you for trespassing and stuff rather than having a big conspiracy plot where the cops are constantly trying to chase and shoot you? Why include combat at all? OK, so you can apparently run rather than fight, but I'm 100% confident that that will be the challenge option rather than the default choice.

The bits in the first game where there was an open path and you just had to run and jump and climb and keep moving were great. It got poo poo any time there was an enemy around or you ended up in one of those spots where it was really unclear which way you were meant to go. Also, it looks like the game doesn't have any kind of radar or GPS again, which was pretty frustrating the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

PunkBoy posted:

I thought guns were pretty much useless is ME 1. The only decent one was the sniper rifle since it was the only one you could aim. Even then, it was much easier to just run past them, with the occasional sliding dick kick or wall kick to stun anyone in your immediate way.
I didn't have any issues with the guns at all. Melee combat, on the other hand, never worked for me. I'd basically have to replay every combat bit until I found a way to take one guy completely by surprise, away from his friends, so I could grab his gun and then use it to kill the rest.

Also I never actually finished the game. I got up to that bit where you're in the back of a truck and it drives somewhere and you have to escape, but you're in a room full of dudes. I just gave up after a couple of attempts at that because it seemed impossible.

• Locked thread