Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yoshi Jjang posted:

Is that one song from the 2013 teaser still going to be in this game? I loved that one. Can be heard here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6PXba8X6N8

There's several fan-made extended versions floating around on YouTube made from a couple years ago.

It seems like the theme for Catalyst changed at some point to this. Both themes are really good, and I hope they're both used. It'd also be nice to get the original's in this one somewhere.

I don't quite get the negative reactions to some aspects of the game, like the skill tree. All the core elements that made the first Mirror's Edge great (aesthetic, soundtrack, running, and general plot themes) seem to be back in their entirety. The thing that got the biggest criticism from the first one was removed. What else do people want?

Nichael fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Bubble-T posted:

I think the issue is that 'good' Mirror's Edge was actually the time trial modes but either market research indicates that gamers will never buy it without a stupid plot and XP pickups or someone at EA/DICE doesn't have the balls to say "let's just focus on the bit that works".

I spent 10 times as long in the time trial mode of ME1 as I did in story mode and there's still really nothing else like it out there. Deadcore is the closest I've played and while it still had enemies of a sort it benefited a lot from dispensing with poo poo like story and cutscenes.

I don't think I'd be interested in a Mirror's Edge that was purely time trials. The story isn't the best, but I love the visual and narrative atmosphere, and without that, I'd probably be bored.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I feel like the reviews are a smear campaign or something, because I'm just tooling around aimlessly through the city having a blast.
I don't think critics were overly enthused with the first either. Game critics want something different, but when they get it, they often give it bad reviews. Though of course "bad" in video game journalism is "7/10" or "8/10" because everything about that industry is dumb and ridiculous.

Nichael fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jun 8, 2016

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm almost done with the main story of the game. I really liked it, but like the first, I wish it was longer. I think a lot of criticism and praise of the game can basically be summed up with "like the first" which is obviously good and bad. One thing I think DICE really disappointed with is the side missions though; I really would've liked them to have a little more depth but they're all kind of rote.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I thought she wounded Noah in the past? Maybe that's wrong. Honestly, I have no idea.

• Locked thread