Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Digital oceans means Europe waits longer yet again, but eh, not like I have time for it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Also whoever was crying that the reviews are mean and bad, I'm sorry but this game is still good but not great and it has basically the same strengths and issues as the previous game. Combat in particular is improved but still garbage in a different way, which makes it hilarious the devs thought it was a good idea to have mandatory combat in missions.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Even Stirling's review isn't really unfair, it just highlights this caveat of "if you enjoyed the original ME", which has always meant a game gets like 70-80% in video game scoring systems (depending on how competently it's made).

If you like just running, the game has a lot of content indeed, but even someone who generally likes the running part might expect more variety than endless time trials, and even though some people like the combat you can't say it's universally good.

Other issues reviewers mentioned are also fair. The story is terrible even for video game standards and more importantly, it's overall worse than in Mirror's Edge. The open world is lifeless and somewhat limiting and the collectibles are a "me too" feature and they don't really add anything except XP for the mandatory "character progression" system. Worse, many of them go against the whole flow of running idea because you constantly stop to pick something up or have to look where to get to where the next item is.

How much you value each of these points is relative of course, which is why numerical scores are of limited use, but even as a fan you should be able to see that some aspects of the game aren't great or will not be appreciated by a general gaming audience.

orcane fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jun 14, 2016

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah no. I can deal with the slower moves as I actually like the level design in the first one better, and I get to skip 99% of the combat completely.

• Locked thread