Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm so jealous of everyone in the Beta. I sank so much time into the first one and Time Trial games are my jam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

I had no idea this was a thing. Doing this now, thank you!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I love everything in this game but Faith's voice and attitude. And even then it's tolerable. This game is really something.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

The Walrus posted:

so wait, the one game where climbing towers to get access to the map might actually be fun, and it`s the one ubi game where that doesnt happen? lol

This isn't a Ubisoft game...

Anyone else excited for Leaderboards? I play a ton of Trials and I'm excited to play a new time trial game. My short time with the beta has me excited to get off work and get back at my times.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Decided to check out the official forums for this game and someone thinks that EA deserves the "Worst Company Ever" award because of the beta watermark.

Lol.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Orv posted:

I'd kind of expect them not to, in a way. The Mirror's Edge team has seemingly been really happy with what became of Mirror's Edge speedrunning with all the little engine tricks and exploits, so I'd be surprised if they didn't leave some of those sorts of things in, or even intentionally make new ones. Though I guess multiplayer leader boards makes a different sort of concern than weird little speedrun tricks.

They're still in. I'd recommend learning them, they're not that hard.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
It's worth noting you'll have all of the relevant movement upgrades within an hour or two. It's just so that you can learn them one move at a time.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I really like the idea of being able to dodge bullets as long as you keep doing sweet tricks. That was the problem with running from the cops in the first one. You really couldn't do anything to avoid getting shot once in a while. It usually didn't get you killed because they were such bad shots that you would rarely get hit, but if there were a bunch of dudes with machine guns sometimes you just died from bad luck.

Focus shield pretty much addresses this directly. You're expected to get shot but it doesn't matter if you're going full speed.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
It should have been Africa by Toto

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Aquasnake posted:

I can't wait to play this game I've been waiting to play for like 8 years. I plan to start playing it immediately when it comes out in less than 24 hours now. Then the moment I actually get my roommate in the same room as me I'm gonna try to force us to start recording so that I can maybe have a current/relevant LP on here.

I have touched the release day stove before and been burned by my favorite games, but I won't let that stop me from trying to enjoy myself. I really like this series and you can't bring me down.

The beta was really good. I think you're in good hands this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Finally picked this up. Any goons wanna compete for times? AgoatU on Origin.

• Locked thread