Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Hey guys it's me the guy Faith owes money to ask me anything

Seriously it was very weird to hear my tag in the intro. Enjoying the game so far, it feels a lot like the first but with the nice traversable world to go between missions.

Also I guess the story is a total reboot? Faith doesn't seem any older or anything, no mention of the sister yet, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I bet the stuttering cutscene on PC problem is VRAM related.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

NonzeroCircle posted:

Can't believe Origin are charging £50, thankfully cdkeys exists and I got it for a much more reasonable price. Looking forward to giving the PC a workout and wincing every other minute as the screem goes black before *crunch*

They took out the sickening crunch, thankfully. Also the screen turns white now.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It was super disappointing. Felt like they ran out of time. Run around corner. Hold spacebar. Repeat.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I would say worse story, open world good, overall mission/level design not quite as good.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

You see billboards that your friends have hacked in your game apparently

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Probably some poo poo that's explained in the comic book that contains like half the plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

IXIX posted:

I feel like the grappling hook sort of ruined it. It's a really fantastic looking level, and going along the outside helps that a lot, but most of the mission you're just looking around for the next grapple point instead of running.

That's why I really disliked it as well. Like the game should be challenging, not run around a corner and hit space or whatever

• Locked thread