Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
Likewise.

Mirror's edge is still one of the few games I haven't retired. I even bought a second copy for pc when I stopped playing my 360.

I can't wait to get off work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I completed the main story last night. Although it's pretty quick, I have to say, like the first Mirror's Edge, I see myself replaying this game quite a few times.

My only complaints are the stuttering cutscenes. I'm assuming this may just be my aging PC, and the stuttering usually resolves itself at about a second or two in. Combat can feel a little clunky at times especially around the dudes that kick you and send you flying backwards. Once you get some good unlocks and some practice it's actually quite satisfying to knock around a group of dudes though.

I barely touched the fast travel option even after unlocking it because I had so much fun attempting to find new ways to get to my destination. I feel like they took some of the issues of the first game and found some good ways around it. I'm having less "oops" moments than I did in the first one, although that may just because I'm familiar with the general system after having played the first one so much.

And holy gently caress the final level. I generally don't have issues with movement in first person games but that level made my stomach jump a little bit the higher I went. I can imagine I wouldn't feel so hot playing this level in VR :v:

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I've found a couple of ones located on youtube where they'll show you the exact area of the map and run through the move.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I noticed the track that plays at the end when Faith and her Sister are fighting is missing. Not sure if any other tracks are.

It's one of my favorites which is probably why i noticed.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Is it a track by Crvrches or something that would have a rights issue?

It sounds like the other music so I assumed it was a solar fields song. Maybe not.

• Locked thread