Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Opposing Farce posted:

I can see why they decided to go with a reboot. Mirror's Edge was 8 years ago, which is more than long enough for the developers to decide they didn't like the box they wrote themselves into with that game's ending. IIRC when the new game was first announced they pitched it as a "prequel" and it's not hard to imagine how that turns into "actually let's just scrap all that stuff from before and start from scratch" over the course of a few productive design meetings.

I don't mind, personally. I didn't hate the first game's story the way some people did but it's not like I'm tearing my hair out because we'll never find out how Faith and Kate got off the roof of that building.

It's easy to understand it, though it's still a bit disappointing. Mostly because the original had such a [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TERyxFfMqDk]good soundtrack[/url] and I can't imagine they'll reuse any of it for a reboot.

Still, I'm super excited for this. I hope it's good. The original, despite its flaws, is one of my favorite games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

PunkBoy posted:

Yeahhhh, definitely the biggest downside for me right now. From what I've seen from the gameplay vids, it's stuff like "Do more damage with you attacks" and "Gain more meter for special moves" kind of thing. There is a page titled "Movement" but I really hope the actual actions aren't unlocks and are just there for listing's sake. At the very least, have it all be unlocked by the time you get through the tutorial levels.

On the subject of more disappointing news, the game is delayed again!

http://www.mirrorsedge.com/news/mec...05&sf45807251=1

June 7th for North America, and June 8th for Europe.

Oh dear, isn't that the week of E3? That doesn't bode well for the game if they want to bury it :(

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

double post.

• Locked thread