Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
surc
Aug 17, 2004

God dammit I've been waiting for this game for 8 years and it's going to be lovely with combat and rpg elements

E: And then EA will think nobody wants a running game :(

surc fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Apr 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

MinibarMatchman posted:

not disagreeing it's stupid but it's also such a tiny thing to get upset about? but people have already made up their minds that it'll be a colossal piece of satanic poo poo so whatever, enjoy neogaf

Mirror's Edge was a great game with some flaws, and instead of fixing those flaws to make the game people hoped for out of Mirror's Edge 2, they introduced new flaws.

Also, lol at "People weren't convinced to agree with me by my extremely nuanced and detailed 'but it's actually good' argument? whatever, plebs :smug:"

E: The thread is like 2 pages long, I'm sure somebody else will come in to defend this game none of us have played yet against the horror that is people thinking it looks bad.

surc fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 22, 2016

surc
Aug 17, 2004

psivamp posted:

Yup, just got my code and also a "Friend" code.

Lacking friends in any meaningul fashion, I give the code to the thread.

xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Hey thanks, I completely missed the boat on even knowing they were doing a beta, for this, the surely and undeniably terrible sequel to one of my favorite games, so I snagged your code, and really appreciate you sharing it! Hopefully it's actually good and fun.

E: I'll make sure to report back with my informed opinions on how definitely bad this game is, and will probably be streaming it, tonight after work.

surc fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 22, 2016

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Shoren posted:

I don't know why you're so butthurt that someone disagreed with your statement that this game was going to be lovely for having combat and some skill upgrades. It's still a running game at its core and there's going to be even more to do than the original because you're able to run anywhere you want between story chapters.

Conflict is something that you can't do away with in this game, either. Without it you'd might as well just make a whole game like the Pure Time Trials pack (which I'm sure people would want, but even more want a narrative). Dice at least recognized that the combat sections in the original broke the flow too much so they did away with guns (one of the biggest complaints of the original) and made it so you can take down guys easier while running without stopping your momentum to do it.

The skills, they didn't have to include this mechanic, I'll say that right off the bat, but I don't think they'll ruin the game either. I don't know why this is such a hot button issue when we don't know the extent of it. If it's something like blocking wall running until you hit runner rank 25 or something like that then yeah Dice deserves to be vilified for that, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt with how well they did with the original.

I was making a joke about how mad that dude was about people saying the game looked bad, and I am not going to read your whole post right now, sorry. Maybe later, if I'm not too busy playing the beta for a bad game.

surc fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 22, 2016

• Locked thread