Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker
I just need this poo poo to be over so I stop looking to D&D as some sort of respite of sanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

SavageBastard posted:

I just need this poo poo to be over so I stop looking to D&D as some sort of respite of sanity.

realest post in this thread

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
hillary clinton is bad

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.

TyrantWD posted:

Expectations for today:
40% chance that Hillary wins by less than 5 points
30% chance that Hillary wins by more than 5 points
30% chance that Bernie wins

If Bernie can't win after 3 weeks of campaigning, outspending Hillary 2:1, a trip to the Vatican, and the massive grassroots efforts, he loses any credibility as a strong general election candidate. Likewise, if Hillary can't get out the vote to close the deal in NY, where her knowledge of the voters is strongest, she doesn't deserve to win the nomination (even though she probably still would win).

If Hillary wins by even 1 vote, tonight will be the moment where Bernie's campaign flatlines. The next 6 days will involve desperate attempts to revive him with the defibrillator before we call time of death on the 26th.

If Bernie practically (or should I say 'pragmatically' :iamafag:) ties NY, his campaign will not flatline, lol

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Did someone ask for conspiracy theories / probable shenanigans? Great!

http://www.wnyc.org/story/de-blasio-demands-explanation-boe-drops-126000-brooklyn-democrats/

Yuge, if true.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

What's so special about Brooklyn?

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Its where black people used to live?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

ANGRYGREEK posted:

If Bernie practically (or should I say 'pragmatically' :iamafag:) ties NY, his campaign will not flatline, lol

Yeah it will. We are running out of states for Bernie to catch up. A delegate tie in NY, and a tie overall next week would see Bernie needing to win 60-40 in the remainder of the states including California and we still have some closed states coming up in May.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

TyrantWD posted:

Yeah it will. We are running out of states for Bernie to catch up. A delegate tie in NY, and a tie overall next week would see Bernie needing to win 60-40 in the remainder of the states including California and we still have some closed states coming up in May.

It'll be interesting if Sanders keeps her from reaching the nomination via pledged delegates, though--which he can easily do as long as he avoids losing by more than 10% for the remainder of the elections (including tonight). At that point it comes down to superdelegates to put her over and that will undoubtedly make some people salty.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Die Bern, Die

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

OAquinas posted:

It'll be interesting if Sanders keeps her from reaching the nomination via pledged delegates, though--which he can easily do as long as he avoids losing by more than 10% for the remainder of the elections (including tonight). At that point it comes down to superdelegates to put her over and that will undoubtedly make some people salty.

Super delegates will have to put someone over the top. It's extremely unlikely that either candidate can hit the 2,300+ figure on pledged delegates alone unless someone drops out and they essentially run unopposed.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

OzyMandrill posted:

What's so special about Brooklyn?

Is that Norman Finklestein?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Is that Norman Finklestein?

Looks like it. OTOH, old dude with white hair and glasses.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Epic High Five posted:

im a independent who refuses to associate with your party

wait why aren't you letting me vote for your candidate

I dun like closed primaries myself but I very distinctly remember the Sanders campaign carpet bombing NYC reminding people of the registration deadline. It's no surprise all the cases of fraud that are being investigated are coming up as ID10T errors

not gonna lie conspiracy theories will bankroll him all the way through California. He's only 200300375 delegates down out of 1200 remaining, keep donating!

it's kind of a raw deal for the young people who genuinely are busting their balls, but you have to figure out why nobody panders to the youth vote eventually I guess

Of course I thought Jeb! would go all the way in the GOP so maybe Bernie wins it

More like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiACFlHZ1IA

lol at you having a meltdown before the results are even in

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

TyrantWD posted:

Super delegates will have to put someone over the top. It's extremely unlikely that either candidate can hit the 2,300+ figure on pledged delegates alone unless someone drops out and they essentially run unopposed.

Hillary will hit it easily.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Bernice Anders posted:

If she wins every single race with 55% of the vote from today on, she will be short by about 188 delegates. She has that in SDs, of course, but she'll fall short in pledged.

If Bernie pulls a win or a tie in any of the big ones, she'll be all but guaranteed to miss the target via pledged dels.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

OAquinas posted:

http://www.wnyc.org/story/de-blasio-demands-explanation-boe-drops-126000-brooklyn-democrats/

Yuge, if true.

Sounds like a case of natives being forced out and the yuppies invading not bothering to register

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bernice Anders posted:

Its about as likely as it is for Sanders to get the pledge majority. Which is to say, almost impossible right now.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Bernice Anders posted:

She's not going to get the needed pledged delegates but she will get more than Obama got in 2008.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx
I feel bad for the poll workers who are going to have to deal with rabid registered independent bernouts yelling at them about court cases and calling them names for not letting them illegally vote.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Tainen posted:

She's not going to get the needed pledged delegates but she will get more than Obama got in 2008.

well, there are more delegates than there were in 2008.

But as a percentage, barring people Berning it all down she's going to do better than Obama (who won 86% of the nomination amount via pledged delegates). I'm spitballing around her winning 92% via pledged delegates right now. Plus or minus 3% depending on how much she wins out. If she starts crushing Bernie with 70% of the vote everywhere then she goes over the top without SDs.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

MC Nietzche posted:

I feel bad for the poll workers who are going to have to deal with rabid registered independent bernouts yelling at them about court cases and calling them names for not letting them illegally vote.

Cool cognitive dissonance.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
My prediction is that Bernie is going to lose by less than the polling indicates, and his campaign will wind down on the attacks against Hillary and fundraising, but still be in until the convention.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Deki posted:

My prediction is that Bernie is going to lose by less than the polling indicates, and his campaign will wind down on the attacks against Hillary and fundraising, but still be in until the convention.

My prediction is that Bernie will lose by a huge margin and go even more negative because that will get him the most attention and donor dollars.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Bernice Anders posted:

My prediction is that Bernie will lose by a huge margin and go even more negative because that will get him the most attention and donor dollars.

Have you ever made a good faith post?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i think bernie will lose by more than polling indicates as happened in florida, but we'll see i guess.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Salt Fish posted:

Have you ever made a good faith post?

I deal in reality, not faith. It's why I'm not a Bernie voter.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
My prediction is that Sanders loses by less than 5 points

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Just voted 3rd party in the special election, really hoping it doesn't end up splitting the liberal vote and making the Republicans win.

OAquinas posted:

Yuge, if true.

I looked at this a bit last night, it's a higher drop than usual, but voter rolls in Brooklyn fluctuate quite a bit every year, more so than most other counties.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
https://twitter.com/JordanChariton/status/722452495734321152

That's going to end well...

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

TyrantWD posted:

Expectations for today:
40% chance that Hillary wins by less than 5 points
30% chance that Hillary wins by more than 5 points
30% chance that Bernie wins

If Bernie can't win after 3 weeks of campaigning, outspending Hillary 2:1, a trip to the Vatican, and the massive grassroots efforts, he loses any credibility as a strong general election candidate. Likewise, if Hillary can't get out the vote to close the deal in NY, where her knowledge of the voters is strongest, she doesn't deserve to win the nomination (even though she probably still would win).

If Hillary wins by even 1 vote, tonight will be the moment where Bernie's campaign flatlines. The next 6 days will involve desperate attempts to revive him with the defibrillator before we call time of death on the 26th.
I disagree with the percentages, but I agree with everything else.

So is this gonna be a "Bernie leads when almost none of the vote is in, Hillary surges late" type of state, or is New York different?

B B
Dec 1, 2005

How have none of the networks called it yet? Bernie has so clearly lost NY.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

B B posted:

How have none of the networks called it yet? Bernie has so clearly lost NY.

They are going to call it as soon as the polls close.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Bernice Anders posted:

Yeah, they can't call CA in the general until our polls close even though everyone knows it's going to the dems.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Sanders is off to PA already, guess they aren't expecting much.

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
9/11ary Clinton

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

snakeandbake posted:

9/11ary Clinton

a second closed primary has hit the sanders campaign

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

snakeandbake posted:

7/11ary Clinton

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Bernice Anders posted:

Seems like an unnecessarily long time to wait, but okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

:wow:

• Locked thread