Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Emil was a given, but flat out new Devola and Popola? I wonder if all the overseer androids were just matched pairs of those two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Aaaaaaaaaahhh, red-eyes BAD!!!

If I remember the Nier lore right, red-eyes almost wiped out the human race by itself.
Red Eyes was the intelligence/leader of the Legion, which otherwise were slightly dangerous but independent mindless berserkers made from WCS humans who didn't saltify.

Red Eyes was strong by itself, but it's real danger was going from 200 singular Legion in the area to 1000 coordinated Legion from everywhere nearby systematically loving up everything en masse

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 19, 2016

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

One of my favorite Trolled By Cavia moments was (route C spoiler) You get to Pascal's Village as A2, get your thing, and have three quests unlock at once. Oh let me do this simple fetch quest from Anemon-oh that was the storyline progression quest guess it's Yoko Taro's KILL ALL CHILDREN Boner Time :kheldragar:. The best part is the two other quests are both helping children, too. I'm surprised he kept the kid-slaughter back that long.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Double Combat Bracers is the true path.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

fadam posted:

Minor side quest spoilers:how do I beat the third race? I have max move speed and I still get smoked.

Go left, not right

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

This game is great. Route...uh....C? Spoilers? Look, major loving spoilers

I just built a bunch of robot children a slide and now they are sliding down it in all the time and I did that, I made that happen, and this is a good game and a good world and everything is going to be okay. :shobon:

EDIT: why did I post that oh god why :negative:
For the crime of thinking that in a Yoko Taro game, you were sentenced to DRAKENGARD! :kheldragar:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Both bows and the flower are great...

On 9S :3:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

The satchet keeps them from running away, then the bait let's you ride them.

There's upgrades to the satchet, too, a quest chain in the forest gives you one that makes animals approach you and not need bait to be ridden, and the investment quest gives you one that makes animals spawn waiting at each save and town

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I think on my next playthrough, I'm going to refuse to use the bomb pod program because that thing, especially charged, trivialized the hell out of most fights even moreso

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Nina posted:

The best one is when you turn in the items to the machine who gives you the castle treasure hunt quest and this super ominous and creepy theme starts playing

:haw: :haw: :haw: had it coming :haw: :haw: :haw:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Anyone ever notice that the two pods are 042 and 153? Zero, one, two, three, four, five.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Nina posted:

I want him to just do his original idea for Drakengard 2 about dragons in space.

Drakengard 5, the game about trying to find out what happened to Drakengard 4.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Yoko Taro apparently tweeted the following (a non-babelfish translation courtesy of Reddit) ""I'm constantly taken aback by Automata's speed as of late. It didn't even take 2-3 months and Automata is already about to achieve what took the previous Nier 7 years, from new goods development to various events. I am incredibly thankful to everyone who buys the game, but I sincerely hope you don't overdo it and keep things within reason.""

Yoko made a good-selling game and doesn't know how to handle it :kimchi:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

So the voice actor of 9S, Kyle McCarley, has been streaming his playthrough of Nier Automata, often with Kira Buckland (Voice of 2B) showing up to hang out and also play (often in a 2B cosplay outfit).

Today they're wrapping up Route C, and someone captured a moment where Kyle got Taro'd pretty hard (spoilers for Route C) finding out what Pascal is selling

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Snak posted:

Did you intentionally make the clip entirely Kira Buckland talking about her outfit and not actually include Kyle mentioning what he discovered? Cause that's pretty funny...

I didn't make the clip, but the contrast of Kira merrily chatting with the offscreen friend while Kyle processes everything and weakly tries to grab her attention again is rather funny, yes

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Hikaki posted:

Yeah but is the music any good? Since it has the same composer, I'm thinking of trying Drakengard 3 for that alone.

If you're into experimental noise electronica, apparently Drakengard 1's ost is mind boggling.

Or if you ever wondered what would happen if you dosed an entire orchestra with Scarecrow's fear toxin and forced them to play a concert while tripping their pants off in terror

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

"Very cute, it will definitely sell well!" - :yokotaro:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

https://gematsu.com/2018/03/nier-automata-one-final-secret-yet-discovered

A hidden thing in the game that apparently isn't the best to make public, and this delightful quote from :yokotaro:

quote:

Regarding future titles, right now a game is being proposed to producer Yosuke Saito. The developers are trying their best to not be at a standstill. Yoko Taro said, “I made the proposal thinking it would be good if everyone suffered. I want to announce it when the project is passed.”

Hurt us more Taro

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

The entire side-operation during Project Gestalt was the replicants and androids gathering up all the Maso (magic element) and disposing of it. Presumably a massive batch disposal was Cathedral City and thus that which was will be.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I think Emil sells some? And there is a shrine in the forest with some I think you don’t have to hack.

Yeah there's a rare Emil shop (I think in the NW corner area or near the base?) which can sell gauntlets, and there's a set in the forest up a tree platforming thing up on the edge of a cliff?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Deified Data posted:

Probably gonna need some help with Emil's Determination

I've tried for about an hour and cannot get the quest to trigger. I've gotten all the weapons to level 4 (saw the trophy pop too), finished Emil's Memories and beat him the first time to get the heads weapon. I see that the quest is supposed to appear at the old mall and it's not - I've tried to find it in several different chapters with every character.

What am I missing?

Check your email?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

If you're a fan of the lyrical-but-not-language songs in the Nier franchise, take a look at Adiemus, a musical group built around that same concept (though not the futurized language part)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/1080305084544610304

Bless this weirdo skeleton man.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

If you knew anything about Yoko Taro, when you reached (Route C Spoiler) Pascal's village with A2 you knew what was to come, the dread merely came from when and how.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

Hi guys just played Nier Automata and had my mind thoroughly blown even though I knew a lot of the twists beforehand.

I’m watching a bunch of youtubes analyzing the story and expanding on the various philosophies being lampooned. However I haven’t seen any picking apart the relationship between 2B, 9S and A2. Are there any?

I got the feeling that 9S was filled with a sexual love for 2B, but that it was essentially selfish in nature and it prevented him from being of one mind and will with 2B in the way A2 got to... be

To be, or nein esse (not to be), et tu (and you)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

Is 9S losing everything supposed to parallel the end of Pascal’s story?

Route C as a whole seems to have a subtheme of everything breaking

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

There’s a lot of weird stuff out there

Don't worry about it :yokotaro:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I want 9S' VA to voice the brother from the junk shop.

You know the one.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

https://twitter.com/SaitoYosuke_Z/status/1551909607521812482

Can't escape from the :yokotaro: troll train

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Drakengard 5 baby c'mon :yokotaro: