Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Renoistic posted:

I beat the game for the first time today and started a new game. I didn't buy the weapons from Devola/Popola and probably missed a bunch of other stuff. Am I screwed? I thought the game would keep track of my side quest progress but it started over. Should I try to get all side quests on my second playthrough?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

I feel like this thread played a trick on me. Over and over again I have heard people praising 9S spear throw and talking about how underwhelming combat bracers are for him. But his hold square for combat bracers is so incredibly broken the idea anyone would use the spear instead is insane. It hits at a ramped up damage like the spear throw but hits multiple times at that damage. It's bonkers.

Edit: I guess it does not hit multiple targets so it's usage is a little different but still much more damage at a time unless you are spear throwing through a whole lot of targets.

Sam Sanskrit fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 21, 2017

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Good lord. Just finished route C. Was already loving this game but that whole route really felt like exactly what I wanted when I heard the initial pitch of Platinum does Taro Yoko.

What a good loving game.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

RoadCrewWorker posted:

There's no 8bit version of the Copied City theme is there

:(

Post route C spoilers.

You could try traveling there and then using debug mode to switch the music to 8-bit to see what happens. The description of the bit you switch seems to imply that it may generate music if none is written.

Speaking of which no one is mentioning it but how fuckin' cool is it that this game just hands you a debug mode. Pretty great I say.