Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

i had a dream earlier today that I unlocked pants for 2B, except they went all the way up to her neck. @jiebadiah made that dream a reality, love you jieb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jesus there's a lot of sidequests.

Should I be doing all of them?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

yes but make sure you have fast travel first

and if you run into enemies that way outlevel you can come back later, that's fine

How/when do I get fast travel? Just keep doing story?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I ate the mackrel after a long run without saving.
:negative:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Did something shameful

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've been playing through this slowly, so I only just hit a couple of quests back to back.

Wandering Couple, Amnesia and Treasure Hunt. :stare:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Snak posted:

Oh man, those are good ones to do.

I did Treasure Hunt last and just went AAAAAAA as soon as I got control back and blew they guy to bits. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wow route C got depressing and I just got to the point where everything explodes and now I'm A2. :smith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I finished routes A-E. :smith:

Unnnnngh.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So what exactly did Devola and Popola do in Nier? Non-console owner D:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah but it's never stated what the exact gently caress up is though. (oh edits helped, thanks!)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The backstory for this game is ridiculous. :psyduck:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nier era events:
Splitting everyone's soul from their bodies seems extremely rash and an all your eggs in one basket kind of scenario!

I assume this maso particle that spreads the white chlorination isnt captured by stuff like filters and such so underground bunkers arent an option?

edit: oh my god what's up with Kaine's outfit

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 1, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I think I'll take a last run around, then delete my file for others.

I can just get to the hack credits then abort right? Or do I have to get to the end?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I also didnt realize that my save name would be used to broadcast stuff throughout the game so 'Butts' was the best worst name I could have chosen.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It just occurred to me when thinking about where Adam came from that the desert robots wanted babies. Of course.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So post-E thoughts.

The machines absorbed everything about project Gestalt and Nier and everything else they could find out about humanity and whatever was on the moon server too? (Hm wait so Adam was left out of the loop, oh well)

Doesnt that make the machines the best hope for humanity's return, or at least continuing its legacy?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Where do you think weapon stories come from? :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ularg posted:

So what am I supposed to do with these golden enemies? There's this small guy with two goliaths that are level 25. I'm level 24 but I do poo poo all to them.

Come back later.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ularg posted:

What happened?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pod 042 and 153 are the best.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why cant I put kaine's outfit on nines.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

2B needs braces.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So I wasnt being an idiot and pod fire is pretty much the only decent way to take out the snakes?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How much damage does self destruct do anyway?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Isnt it his location and run that determines his wares? i.e. C and outside the camp = best stuff, Desert entry = junks.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why are the pod upgrades so bad uuuugh

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They're building shaped machines.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/...3D68%23lastpost

yeah :3:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

iospace posted:

So, this also was my first Yoko Taro game.

I uh... was only weirded out by the scene right before the first Adam fight, but beyond that, I wasn't.

Is there something wrong with me? Or was I missing the weirdness or was it as a whole more mild than what I've read he does.

Have you gotten up to ending E?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This is stupid beyond words. Can we just pretend we didnt see anything for the last page?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Should have made it a roomba?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

Just beat the game for the first time. No idea what route that is but it is whatever comes from beating Eve when he freaks out with his brother being dead. I have to say I have no idea what to feel after reaching my first proper ending in a Nier game.

Yeah you just finished Route A. Route B is from a different perspective but covers mostly the same ground but with added backstory. C is where STRAP IN poo poo IS HAPPENING.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

When I played through a few weeks back, it was mostly bug free except for two crashes through the entire game.

Also eating a mackrel without saving.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nothing preventing him from having a copy go with the machines while a branch stays on earth. Then the machine copy returns much much later and gets super sads over the fact that earth is populated entirely by 9s/2b descendants.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dont things get confusing when there's multiples of one specific model on scene?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I thought the numbers are both names and model numbers. It's hard to say I guess since we dont get good closeup looks of most other Yorha members.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Not in mine. That camera just cut to a deserted village. :unsmigghh:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Some jerk I guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sax Solo posted:

I'd never seen a goliath biped pull the projectile birth maneuver before