Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Relin posted:

i'm fine with having to aim ranged weapons but no camera lock-on is really bad

annoying beeping at low health

had to look up a walkthrough vid to figure out where to go after killing the crane arm (the guy spent a long time wandering around as well)

dying kicks you back to the beginning

the map is garbage (not the minimap)

4/10, 20 dollar purchase

"Guys this game isn't literally playing itself for me. I managed to get lost and die repeatedly in a fifteen minute series of linear pathways. Game sucks."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It's too ridiculous to me. Frankly, in my opinion, Nier has one ending and it is bittersweet and reasonably simple. Papa Nier saves his daughter, but ultimately and unknowingly dooms mankind. Popola and Devola are dead, which might suggest the Replicants are all doomed to die out from being unable to breed but I always felt that the existence of all those other tribes suggests that breeding as usual exists and in ample supply.

This is the ending I assume will be going on for Automata, an ending with a world where all human life has finally extinguished.

Well you say that but... Papa Nier kind of forgot about the whole "curing his daughter" thing after she got kidnapped.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Bogart posted:

Jesus, forty bucks for an Xbox copy. Maybe Nier's on the PS4-to-PS3 thingy.

Nier doesn't exist in any digital format so NOPE! Shell out $20-40 used to some guy on Amazon or Gamestop.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

No Wave posted:

I guess the answer to any questionable design decisions will always be "Yoko Taro" here

You managed to die in the tutorial like a dingus by playing on Hard. Nobody has sympathy for you.