Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Just finished route A after 22 hours (did all the side quests I could), looking forward to encountering whatever loving HELL is later this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Just about to begin the endgame mission sequence on Route B. I feel a little bad about how the Father Servo sequence ended. To that end I also get the feeling that the game is winding up to lay a massive guilt trip on the players at some point.

I hope to complete B tomorrow and get stuck in on C over the weekend - I've done nearly all the sidequests as they became available so C will only be the new sidequests and plot.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Finished B and got the trailer for C and D. It took forever to beat Speed Star, of course you kicked my rear end when you were flying. The conclusion and my feelings on it were similar to Father Servo.

Route C beginning after dinner!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

You're in for a time.

I'm not saying a good time or a bad time. I'm simply saying whatever kind of a time it is, it will very much be that.

Yeah, opening the game with YoRHa being wiped out and 2B dying was a heck of a thing. I've been doing sidequests and so I'm just before the 9S tower hacking story mission. In the Gathering Keepsakes mission I just made it to the Amusement Park which was sad to see and has me worried about Pascal's Village.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack posted:

Yeah, opening the game with YoRHa being wiped out and 2B dying was a heck of a thing. I've been doing sidequests and so I'm just before the 9S tower hacking story mission. In the Gathering Keepsakes mission I just made it to the Amusement Park which was sad to see and has me worried about Pascal's Village.

I was right to be concerned. :smith:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Just got the D ending and chapter select, I'm going to knock out the sidequests I missed and then do ending C tomorrow.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Got ending C and was unexpectedly trying for E but decided to stop.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

There are a couple of things I want to see before I torch my save.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

There’s no actual achievement to grinding for upgrade parts. I’m happy for people who think it is something to feel proud about not being able to distinguish themselves from people who just used the time saving route.

When I read this post I just realized I have a zillion machine cores and could probably outright buy all the trophies right now. Do the children's cores you get from Pascal have use besides cash?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Just see the ending, go help your orb son, then go back and erase your save. It's morally justified.

I went ahead and did the last couple of things I wanted to in the game and deleted my save. I admit, I teared up a bit with the messages of support at the very end and the offer of assistance.

I really liked this game.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Well, besides the amazing comedic timing i read that quest ending more as him having accomplished everything that had meaning to him personally and so he was satisfied and fulfilled which is kind of mirrored in how you can delete your savegame after you've feel you've accomplished everything you wanted from the game.

It's a bit grim as a philosophic take that i personally don't share but is tonally consistent with the game (and maybe franchise?) Yoko Taro put it in.

Same with Father Servo.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

So I just got this from Gamefly and I'm curious about the different endings. Are the methods to achieving them fairly obvious, or is there some kind of guide I'll need to consult?

A through D are obvious. E won’t be a surprise after those four. F through Z you’ll probably have to look up.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I was listening to the soundtrack and the Ending E music got me to tear up a little even though it’s been a couple of months since I played the game.

This frikkin game, you guys.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Boogalo posted:

From what I've been able to figure out, its the JP artbook that's been out for a while, but translated to english..

That’s what it is.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I know this was an autocorrect but I love it anyway.

Boogalo posted:

Last week I finished a 2nd playthrough and did the thing at the end. Today I noticed a message on my steam profile:

(hella loving endgame spoilers here)

https://i.imgur.com/3b293xo.png

:kimchi:

This is what it was all about.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Amppelix posted:

Yeah I mean, I have 500k G right now and absolutely nothing to use it on besides the half-wit inventor when I eventually get back to him with 9S. I'm not too worried.

There is something near the end of the game where having a stack of cash will speed things up tremendously, though you may just want to do it the other way for fun.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Organza Quiz posted:

The reason to be mad is that it's an extremely cool "oh poo poo!!" moment: https://youtu.be/8UW0sXZx53Q

Holy crap! I never even tried hacking her, the sword was good enough. That’s amazing.

This frikkin game, you guys.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

In case you aren’t in the general PS4 thread, this just happened:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Someone else speculated that Grimes was probably playing it and muskman asked her to dress up as 2B. She probably already had the costume anyway.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fhqwhgads posted:

I'm way behind on this game and have been avoiding much of this thread but I just wanted to pop in and say this game owns. I just finished A and B and just :psyduck: at the beginning of C when I realized that I lost my entire chipset during the boss of B ending. I had basically a chipset that made me functionally invincible with a lot of +6 chips so I basically never died so when I finally did the thought never occurred to me that I had to go retrieve my body. So now I'm starting C with practically nothing chipwise and yeah, no idea how I'm grinding that chipset back or if I even can find some of these chips in the wild...

I think I maxed out at 3 and 4 chips so you can do it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Unreal_One posted:

I got ending E and never got the creeper achievement, y'all are just pervs.

I only got it because I bought it at the end.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Imhotep posted:

Yeah, but I think it was always mentioned along with Yoko Taro saying 'I'd basically do anything if they gave me enough money' as the headline, along with whatever he said along the same lines, and that he'd do an adult film if the money was good.

:stonk:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Nier concert in Chicago in January is at a theater that's across the street from O'Hare airport and there are a bunch of hotels within walking distance, so if you're a business-traveling goon with a bunch of points built up you can probably go see it for the cost of the ticket alone:

https://nierconcert.com/

Midjack fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 2, 2019

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

This is up there with some of Dark Souls’/Bloodborne’s best visual gags

Edit: oh poo poo son

Father Servo owns.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Man, gently caress Father Servo.

Level up and come back, one of his forms has a steep difficulty step.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

I beat his red belt karate form, he was a massive sponge and took half an hour. 9S said whew I’m glad we never have to see him again which feels like we’re gonna see him again

You’re done.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Party Boat posted:

The best Nier / philosopher beef is that Jean-Paul was named Sartre and Simone was named Beauvoir until the Sartre estate threatened legal action. It was late enough in development that there's some lines where 2B says "Sartre" and it's bleeped out.

That’s hilarious.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

See you in Chicago tomorrow, assuming the plane can get me there at least!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RubberLuffy posted:

I'm near the theater in chicago just waiting and killing time. I'm so excited

I’m having a burrito at the mall, the good Mexican joint just south of the theater was packed.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:getin:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Boogalo posted:

That was pretty cool, down in 110. Time to find food.

Same from 111. I was expecting the chorus to come in somewhere on “Weight of the World.”

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Based on the reaction to Byleth, 2B would probably be decried as "Ugh another sword user"

Therefore the choice is clear: Emil for Smash

Father Servo.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Veotax posted:

Brought my ticket for this back in October, minutes after they went on sale I was in a 2000 person queue. Probably sold out the same day.

Should be starting in ten minutes.

Intermission is about 20 minutes and hang around a minute or so for a cute exchange at the end of the show.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Posted in PS4 general:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Relin posted:

i'm surprised the the max pod upgrades cheevo is only the second least acquired, when the endings one is far less time consuming

A lot of those materials were unfun to grind.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Doctor Teeth posted:

lol @ how owned 9S got after 2B dies and he bullrushes A2

He’s a lover not a fighter.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:bisonyes:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Beefstew posted:

Yes, Yukiko Yoko is the lead illustrator for the Drum Master series and is a pretty celebrated artist over there. Before Automata, she probably had a more successful career than him! I believe she also sang one of the songs in Katamari.
The two of them spend a good chunk of time dunking on each other on Twitter.

:3: :yokotaro:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/intelligentwat/status/1289758395055185926

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007