Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I finished this through ending E recently, went in knowing nothing about the game beyond "anime chick with big sword" and not having played any of the previous Nier games

it took a while for it to click but by when it did by god it did, absolutely one of the best games of its generation and beyond. should I wait for the Nier remake to play that or can/should I play the original, if that's possible on PS4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I really liked Hegel because youre just getting into A2 and take down a few of the big arm swingy guys and you are her both are like "lol that's it? nbd" and then the big rolly ball guy pops up and then it prompts you to go berserk and then youre constantly mashing health restore buttons while going ohfuckohfuckohfuck because you don't know what happens when berserk ends

thats more about the situation than the boss monster itself I guess which was relatively meh but as an encounter its ace

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

started Nier remake, never played the first but loved Automata

why does my guy look like 9S, why are the redhead twins from Automata here, why is the library the exact same as the one in Automata, why is that lady in her underwear, I got so many questions already. lovin it

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

There's a Poppola/Devola staff in the video and the username is "sad twins" it's 100% clever marketing, well done whoever came up with this

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Happy Landfill posted:

Sorry to doublepost, but the whole thing seems pretty thoroughly debunked.

https://twitter.com/DrakeNierTweets/status/1552140153313005570?s=20&t=6PkLwaUYxV1orgCO4QI4eg

I mean, it had to be fake, the voice line was obviously from somewhere else, but the amount of effort this must have taken is pretty impressive.

Lmao that's some insane poo poo "we saw an ethernet cable therefore the PS4 must be plugged in to the internet also its not even a PS4." And can minors not have jobs? Maybe sadfutago is bagging groceries at 15 like I was.

It's fake in that it is marketing for something (Drakengard remake?) tho yeah

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

The latest video has them talking to the bird fountain from Nier and looping when they choose the wrong answer haha

If the modding community couldn't figure out how to do this after years then it seems rather unlikely that some random genius could. But it would be genius marketing, add some minimal new content that reuses assets (ie not particularly expensive to develop) and drip it out to Reddit (which is free), get the gaming world hyped for Nier, drop the Switch release and maybe something more.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

stev posted:

Prolonged engagement can be as good as money in the long run. I bet they'll sell a fair few copies because of this, especially the Switch version when it releases. And if it is actually linked to a new game or DLC it'll definitely help drive sales for that.

Yeah it's catapulted a 5 year old game onto the front page of every major gaming website for a week now (its the top story on Kotaku atm), it would be wildly successful for a marketing campaign

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

alright I'm ready to say Nier 3 is gonna be announced

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

The Saddest Rhino posted:

what in the gently caress is happening anymore

Yoko Taro is drinking a lot

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

The anime was way better than I expected though it's mostly 9S and 2B walking around level setpieces and talking over what would be constant combat in the game. Good how they give a lot of character to Lily and Jackass and Pascal and such. Even better how they drop references (and straight up scenes) to Nier. Hope it comes back.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

they figured out the secret to mainstream success: decent combat and robot rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

AlternateNu posted:

Oh poo poo. The DC concert is the night before the Marine Corps Marathon. So, I'll be in town.

loving sweeeeet. How long is the concert because I'll probably have to be up around 5:30 that Sunday morning?

Aw nuts now I'm tempted to go to DC in October and do this too. Nier concert on Saturday into MCM on Sunday sounds badass. Hmm

It's at a good venue too though I haven't been in like 15 years