Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Cephas posted:

I was wondering why I found the music in Pascal's village so familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ODgYi4ff6M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdXTqxTWxcM

I forgot where I read it but I remember seeing Yoko Taro say that he has a good enough relationship with Okabe that he likes to point him toward music and say "make a track like this one." Between that and Drakengard 3's character designs lifting from Madoka wholesale I really wouldn't be surprised lol.

I was about to say that they really sound nothing a like, but then i noticed what you mean. They both have gibberish lyrics.

Eopia posted:

If there's one thing the game should've taught everyone it's the importance of backing up your data.

Man, you really missed the point, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
King Gear

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Threezenny Opera

wait that's the wrong SE franchise

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You'll need archives for this.
But it went something like this:

The Dark Id posted:

WHAT?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT?!

The Dark Id posted:

Update later today after I collect the parts of my head exploding like that scene from Scanners.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Guys, you don't even have to walk up to a terminal to save. Just open up your menu real quick and hit A like, twice, for a quick save whenever you're anywhere near a save station.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Exercu posted:

9s talk Honestly, 2B has the exact same reaction to 9S's "death" at the end of Route A and B as 9S has to hers at the beginning of route C. The difference is that 2B's fury is immediately mitigated by the fact that 9S is Not Actually Dead, and even then, 9S wasn't going to be dead-dead, only kind of dead. She was still going to get a new and sparkly Nines with almost the same memories. 9S flips his poo poo when 2B dies, just like 2B does when 9S dies. He just doesn't get the stabilising effect of her not actually being dead. She's Super Dead right after everyone else he knows at the bunker dies. 2B's death is the culmination of Nines' Worst Day Ever and takes Nines' already fragile mental state and shatters it.

I mean, he literally has the ground pulled out from under him and falls into a giant, dark hole, screaming his lungs out. I'm not sure how much more explicit you can make the visual metaphor without just braining the player with a lead pipe.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
WHo cares about Automata, how do you even pronounce Nier correctly, i mean i'm going for something similar to "Ny-ar"

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Alternatively here's a handy pronunciation guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhDL3Q86ofY

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

Like, if someone died in their sleep, but no one knew, and then aliens (or god or whatever) replaced that person with a copy and gave them all the memories leading up to the night they died, there would be no way for anyone, including the "copy" to know or care about the difference.

You don't even need to be god. Put someone to sleep before sticking him into the magical exact-copy-machine, take em both out and put them next to each other, wake them up and tell Person A "Hello, you're the exact copy of this guy" and point to person B.
Congratulations, you've just functionally changed reality! At least for people who believe in the whole original/copy thing. For good measure, blow up the machine and wipe your memories/kill yourself. Truth ceases to exist when it can't be observed in some way.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Star Trek transporters gave us Tuvix, so they got that going for them at least.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dunno i had two pods on second-to-last and one pod on the last level when i got my first ending C/D. Then i collected the stuff for the last two pod upgrades pretty quickly before getting the other ending in that pair.
After that i went on to upgrding the rest of my weapons to lv4.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Hai Hai

T/N: Hai Hai means Nakama

Actually, it means :same: :same:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I've watched Twitch vods of people playing past section C in Japanese and I think the English dub is simply better. Or at least it's better for English speakers.

Yeah it is. The bridge part is real good in both languages, but Kyle nails the exasperated breathing so goddamn well and has the bonus of sounding slighly less like Gollum falling into a ravine than the Japanese one.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's there, that's... notable i guess. Maybe you missed it the first time around

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

A2 having the best booty too is too far.
Gotta let 2B have something.

She has the personality.

Well, something kind of resembling that, at least

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Huh, i only just now realized that the only reason that the player is assigned the YoRHa betrayers mission is because 2B is, well, actually E series. Also her lack of commentary at 9S' exasperation at how the mission turns out, but early-game that's easily attributed to her general lack of dialogue whenever 9S tries conversation.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Akuma posted:

Can I ask why you were playing in 4:3? I'm a developer and the issue of supporting 4:3 came up today, and according to steam data about 15% of people play in an aspect ration that's more square than 16:9. Were you playing in a window or on a 4:3 display?

Hell, until like a year ago i was playing in 5:4. Old display ratios will still take a while to die out.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I mean Automata is extremely unsubtle and on the nose about its messages, but it seems people can still stare right at that red hammer coming for their face and say it's blue

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
ya know what. I'll admit it. video games can be art

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

There's also the model of a Halo gun in the files for Dark Souls.

Game development works in mysterious ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

my bony fealty posted:

they figured out the secret to mainstream success: decent combat and robot rear end

Also a loving incredible soundtrack