Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
How do I get the version of Emil's shop where he sells weapons? I've heard about stopping him near the Resistance camp, but all he sells when I do that are +6 chips that are stupidly heavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Pollyanna posted:

I sometimes see a larger bit of orange added onto my life bar, or sometimes my life bar extending far past the edge of the screen. Will that ever be explained?

The first is the +Max HP effect from recovering an android corpse running out, afaict. The latter seems to be an "error" to indicate that something is messing with your character.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Pollyanna posted:

Is there anywhere else to upgrade weapons to max besides the blacksmith in the forest? Gonna start working on bringing everything to level 4.

Edit: And where's the shop that sells upgrade materials? Just Emil running around the map, right? I need stuff like Natural Rubber.

Start clowning around.

He doesn't get rubber until the late/post game, though.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Finally platted this thing, and without buying any achievements either. The 9S self-destruct one is rather dumb, though. I just left the game to sit for an hour in the Resistance Camp.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

CharlestheHammer posted:

It tries to do stuff

That's already enough to elevate it above a lot of the industry.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

chiasaur11 posted:

You can tell it's the same mission, because 2B does the exact same run through her system presets. Completely identical.

I'm reasonably sure that 2B's approach to 9S at the end of route B is similarly recorded from your route A playthrough.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

So then what makes an original superior to a copy? I think the problem here is that the word 'copy' itself carries with it a loaded definition of inferiority. It's not an original, it's a forgery, a fake, worthless. Even if you don't mean it, subconsciously, it's understood by us all. We've all got copies of the same movies, the same games and books and I'm guessing we're all pretty happy with our individual copies in and of themselves, right? Isn't it the content of those objects that matters? The memories we associate with them? The meaning we give it?

This depends on whose perspective we're talking about. To someone other than myself, a copy of me that continues after I die might well be just as good (especially if no tells them it's a copy). But from my perspective I'm dead and my consciousness has either ceased to exist or I've passed on to whatever awaits. Books and movies don't have their own thoughts and feelings, so the analogy ignores the primary issue.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

veni veni veni posted:

You can hack out of the gate I think but afaik not in this part. I was doing it in the 3D area you were talking about. Not that it would matter because the individual enemies aren't hard. I just can't hold out long enough to hit a checkpoint.

Do you have any healing chips?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Playing as 9S I melee attacked all the trash and hacked the tougher enemies and it worked out just fine. I'd also been doing most of the sidequests so I was probably slightly overleveled, though.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Begemot posted:

I kinda wish you didn't have to pull that block out every time, kinda annoying.

Taro Yoko sends his regards.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

And Tyler Too! posted:

Please tell me there's an easier way to get pure water other than zipping back and forth to the flooded city. I just want to upgrade my missile pod. :negative:

:yokotaro:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Nina posted:

Taro is not a person who writes easy characters

Except for the sisters in D3, hey-o.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Nina posted:

I do have to admit I'm not a fan of how the game automatically moves the camera lower when you move without touching the camera controls making conspicuous angles more likely

The game will actively fight you if you try to go for upskirt shots, though. 2B will twist out of the way if you just move the camera low and close.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Grey Fox posted:

the main character designs (2B and A2 in particular) come off as weak and underdeveloped.

They're pretty obviously not underdeveloped.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Reveilled posted:

Mind you I think Parascelus might have been going for a boob joke.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

DisposableHero posted:

The dodge seems fairly generous though.

Dodge spamming is at least close to invincibility.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Imhotep posted:

Yosuke Saito basically said that Yoko Taro would announce a new game at like the end of 2019/early 2020 and I'm assuming the next game is gonna be on PS5 so it might be even later, but whatever it is it's my most anticipated game rn, and I also need a Drakengard 1/3 remaster. I still haven't played 1 because Yoko Taro hinted at a Drakengard remaster thing, but hopefully the PS5's backwards compatibility means that if I buy a copy of it then I can at least play it at a solid 30 FPS, hopefully 60.

Enjoy your remake of Drakengard 2, now with 50% more dialogue for Nowe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
For me the combat system was more about doing cool flashy things than mastering intricate combos and tight timings, but then again I played on Normal like a sane person.