Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Some reason it never occurred to me to think of it as both, or rather give it much thought. This has been a pretty fun read though so thanks for the replies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nina posted:

So the implication is that the Emil in the game might be the original but because of his amnesia he was just thinking he was one of the clones right?

Yep. Superboss spoilers I'm like 100% sure that it's supposed to be the original. His lines all during the fight reflect it (he calls them "his clones", recalling Kaine etc) and when he passes away he sees Kaine (and I assume Nier).

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Zinkraptor posted:

Wouldn't the clones have had those memories too? I thought the point was that it flat out didn't matter who the "original" was since they are all basically identical. Even if they aren't "truly" Emil, they look, think, and act like him, and have the potential to regain his memories, so for all intents and purposes they ARE him. Kind of like humans and and androids, now that I think about it!

It's possible but the tone of the fight and everything just make it kinda hard to believe that it's a random clone.

I mean a game capping off like that would fit in a dark way. Entire time it's "You may look like 9S but you aren't the same 9S". "You may look like Devola and Popola but you aren't the same" "Oh poo poo it's actually the same Emil."

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man I just waltzed through the hacking sections of the game easy-peasy wondering "Huh I wonder when they'll get to the hard stuff?" so I'm kinda shocked hearing people get blocked by it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ending E talk

I'm filling this dumb world with nice messages. I can clear without losing other peoples saves now while junking my own and playing again.

That being said my last run I did get one of the "mean" messages. It was basically "I know it's hard, but still, put your back into it you #@)*$!"

Reads more like Kaine yelling it though now that I'm looking at it again :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Eopia posted:

How do you use flying robots to get to anything, every time I've taken one over they immediately drop to the ground and can barely float at all before falling again.

I jump, do the fastball special thing where the pod hucks you super far, double jump and instantly mash out the float/attack thing then finally airdodge. I literally got to everything in this game without chips and that was more then enough to get me to that chest.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My favorite enemy in the game is (route C) the bucket boss because he literally makes no loving sense. Like why was he even there? When a friend got to him he laughed and we just called him the hyper champ and here comes his goon squad to back him up oh shiiit.

Like he doesn't even have boss hp. I don't even know what his attacks are due to how fast he dies. Just confusing overall.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Vanrushal posted:

Got a question regarding the optional boss:

So I got the Emil's Determination quest and decided to do it as 2B cause why not. Got out to Desert: Center and saved as well as made a backup save in a different slot since I wanted to make sure I didn't gently caress up getting ending Y. I got ending Y and saved it to both files. I then destroyed Emil on my main file, but the trophy didn't pop. I saved anyway on my main file, but loaded up the backup file and tried again as 9S on route C, still no trophy. Are the ending and the trophy mutually exclusive or is this just a dumb bug (on PS4 if that matters)? Should I bother trying again as A2? If I need to resort to buying the trophy from the secret shop, Naughty Children is Trophy 45 for 100k, yeah? I want to unlock Transcendent Being/Ending E last but the trophy shop descriptions are hidden so I want to make sure I'd be buying the right one.

Just so you know Naughty Children is for beating him in car form. You should already have it. I think 45 is for seeing all the endings. There's no achievement for doing the second fight at all (outside getting ending Y).

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Route C

Slow zoom out to 6O scribbling this before the bunker explodes. Look at all the flowers!!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Can someone just quickly sum up weapon leveling for me and weapons in general. Barely started playing. I mean should I bother upgrading weapons as I get them, only upgrade a select few, or..?

Upgrade the weapon you like to do more damage. That's about as deep as it gets, go nuts.

Just know that you'll have to fully upgrade every weapon if you want to fight the final secret boss of the game.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

you get fast travel after you kill the dragon

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Blattdorf posted:

That 2B flat-face in the Monster Hunter event...

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Cephas posted:

How playable is Drakengard 3 compared to (the original) Nier? If it's roughly comparable to Nier I might check it out. Or should I just read the let's play of it instead?

D3 is a dumpster fire.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

DLC Spoiler stuff

Is the black scrawl tank the only shade related thing? I heard there was a whole new enemy type and I can't get past the thing. Wasn't quite what I was hoping for either despite the amazing hack space.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

McDragon posted:

That was some good fuckin DLC.

The level 130 fights can go suck an rear end and I never managed those but the CEO fight rules and gives you the best rewards.

Ending, uh, Delta? was strange and also good. Poor Plato

Oh, and the shopkeeper who talks like the resi 4 merchant is amazing.

Also I guess I had a proper look at the jukebox and it is way cooler than I thought at first. It has friggin everything.

Fight 130 is a huge pain in the dick yeah. It has a very impressive hackspace though so give it a shot if you haven't already.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Question in regards to the new ending. I'm a colossal fan of the original Nier so I know all the twists and turns of the remake and I'm playing it anyway. I heard there's a new ending past D and when I looked up a 'spoiler free' guide it was like 'oh btw you'll get your old save back.' and now I'm kinda torn. Grinding level ups for weapons just to get that trophy but super eager to see the new stuff. I just need a yes or no answer but was that guide correct? Cause if so I'm going to see what the new ending is about then worry about The Grind.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just got the new ending and I liked it well enough. Kaine getting another speech is always good. Things felt very very sweet as well. I just wanna know why baby 2b and 9s were there and why Zero's flower just popped out like that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

axeil posted:

To be fair, it's a really nice kitchen knife.

So I finished routes C and D yesterday and (C&D spoilers): does the game never explain the whole "snow in summer" bit at the start or why the hell gestalts and replicants exist? or what devola and popola actually are? I could've sworn there was some vague info in Automata but I can't remember and I was really excited for all that lore

Is there anything I can read/watch/etc. that explains all that stuff?

Oh and (C/D spoilers): the extra scene after Emil falls into the black hole Popola makes really got to me. The whole thing about his sister and the drawing and her being the one to save him :smith: Stuff in Automata hit me a bit harder emotionally but that sequence was imo, the strongest bit of storytelling in the game

Spoilers answered. It's not snow, it's Salt. When the final boss of Drakengard 1 fell into Japan it spread a sickness that basically said 'hey give me your body as a mindless zombie, or you'll turn to salt and die.' Lot of people weren't hot on it apparently as salt is everywhere. The dragon Caim rode in on is what brought magic into the world.

Scientist were trying to find a way to combat the salt army and that's why 6 and 7 exist.

A cure was never really found in time so as a final ditch the save humanity people used magic to sever soul from body. The plan was to ride out the disease till it's totally gone then put the souls in empty vessels then go back to normal- but the vessels began to form souls after years upon years and they now see the Souls as enemies as 'what the gently caress are these things.'

I need to know if some trophies are bugged. I've done 55 quests and still don't have the do 30 one, and I've slammed this pig into sheep for a hour and should of gotten that one as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ChaosArgate posted:

Finally got around to doing another run for Ending D. Who decided that bosses are nigh invulnerable while battle banter is going on. Why. Onto the E run now. :shepface:

Original game let you kill bosses mid banter which led to people just standing around to hear it. I guess this was them trying to solve that by putting heavy armor on things.