Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Demo was real good. Loved exploring the menu and seeing that you can unequip a lot of the QoL poo poo like health bar displays and the map. Gameplay felt like a pretty natural step up from Nier 1.

Wasn't crazy about her outfit, but Kaine was fun despite her terrible sense of dress, so I'm sure it'll be easy to get past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

What resource are y'all using to translate the little text things?

Oxxidation posted:

The construction equipment robots are named after Marxist philosophers, huh.

I guess the machines really did reclaim the means of production.

This made me laugh much more than I should have.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Oxxidation posted:

Nier is relatively reserved, honestly. It's quirky, but Yoko never really topped the full-throated lunacy that went down in the first Drakengard.

Nier trades insanity for heartrending sadness. I think it's the last game I actually cried at the (final) end of.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

So I know it's only tangentially related at best, but I guess Scalebound is now officially dead in the water?

Was anyone actually looking forward to that?

I saw that one E3 trailer that looked neat. Were later trailers/reviews about it bad or something?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I wish Bayonetta 2 had come out on any other system besides the wii u. Also W101.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Papa Nier is the best anyways, so lucky you,

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Getting the Dragonslayer Iron Will up to level four also helps reduce a lot of the difficulty in NG+ fights. It's also so long it clips into the floor, making every scene you're in all the better.

redreader posted:

Do I 'need' to do all the endings? I mean ... I don't normally sperg out too hard.

Yes. All of them.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I still love to this day that there are two Niers and both carry different tones with their stories, even if the beats are the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Flint_Paper posted:

I finally got the D ending last night! I'm glad that I didn't just watch YouTube videos of it - actually going through it and watching it on my PlayStation was eerie and unsettling and oh god now I'm jonesing for Automata super hard.

It's freaking heartrending and amazing.