Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

okay guys i love this game, but before i delete my save should i finish the sidequests and the other endings first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

okay thats good, i'm at the end here and have something like 98% of the quests done and most of the weapons finished, i figured i'd wrap those and the hidden bosses up before doing that.

chapter select and debug mode are a god send thank based Taro

edit: also any word on what those hidden elevators are for? dlc i'm guessing?

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 13, 2017

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Artelier posted:

Just started Route C and what. :psyboom:

the real nier: automata starts here.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Pierson posted:

No-content posting but when I recognised the music cues that started playing in the big fish boss I marked the gently caress out.

same, also for when Kaine Escape plays after the second boss.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

also i'm glad that yoko taro continues his tradition of filling the intro movie with spoilers.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

just load your save game.

edit: also in regards to the games difficulty, i think normal is fine as is. normal mode is balanced with the intention that this is for people who don't play action games, and easier for thatreason. also, in an even more unpopular opinion, i liked hacking a lot, but i've played a lot of twin stick shooters.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 13, 2017

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

honestly i never really used the lockon. the camera with lock on is pretty janky, and there are only a few times where it is actually useful imo.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

you need to buy the satchel from the merchent in the shop or leave bait for them.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

RanKizama posted:

This poo poo makes me mad.

https://twitter.com/chadsapieha/status/840330240941522944
How do you play 1/5th of a game, claim its incomplete, then rate it a 50? How?

"i didnt finish the game and the plot doesnt pay off in tge first ten hours".

also how the hell did this guy spend thirty hours in route a what the gently caress

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

just remember that you're faster than the enemies while hacking, so most you can circle strafe and shoot at.

honestly most patterns in it can be solved with copious amounts of circle strafing.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

honestly doing the 100% run is easy to do if you are at the end of the game. a few shops open that sell all the really common upgrade materials you'll need. all i need is the last weapons and then ending Y

is there a specific chapter where emil sets up shop outside the resistance camp, or do i just have to keep to reloading the area? i have never had him spawn in that spot and i need the weapons he sells as the only ones i'm missing.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

i think you have to finish the first quest because that is how you get the emil head weapons aka the best weapons in the game

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

A-E but yeah.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

I have a question too- are there any other early sightings of the red girls, like during the A + E fight?

they all show up in route B to my knowledge besides the A and E fight, they show up in the end cutscene where 2B chokes 9S, and also when 9S gets in the flight unit to save 2B

also the way i thought of it is you can think of Adam and Eve as network admins, they can take control and force machines on network to do what ever, while the girls are literally the collective unconscious of all machines

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Mar 16, 2017

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I am pretty annoyed that walking away from Pascal doesn't have more of a pay off.

don't worry he probably just kills himself in that scenario

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

extreme enemy variety is a weak point for a lot of of platinum games, i think MGR is the biggest example of it. i've never really felt like it was an issue in this game, but i guess if someone doesnt care for enemy recolors than it could be an issue

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

i mean at the same time that is coming from the mouth of the man who said "you shouldn't expect to much from this game" so i dont know your milage may vary

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Memnaelar posted:

I'm debating grabbing Drakengard 3, despite not having played the first two, to give a try later this year - loved Nier and really looking forward to Automata, but is D3 worth the time? I've taken the time to watch a video or two and yeah, it looks like neither the graphics nor the gameplay are particularly fantastic, but frankly, that was true about Nier and the sum was still more than the whole. Not to derail, but worth it?

of the drakengard/nier games, its my least favorite tbh, though i think that has more to do with the writing in it than anything else. the best parts of it are in a set of dlc and even then it is still okay. yoko taro apparently wasn't in a lead position if i remember correctly and i think it shows over all.

also the game isnt very fun to play but hahah a fun drakengard

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

there is part of me that is sad that automata because i got a weird sense of entitlement from playing all the jank for Yoko Taro's poop

like the misery is part of the experience

VolticSurge posted:

More than 2? The one with Not-Tidus in it and a bunch of other cringy JRPG cliches?

that game was at least playable. also everytime caim showed up the game became much better

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

it really is just reloading the area over and over first time i got him to spawn there was as A2... right before the cut scene of pascals village being attacked. which reloads the area

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

i dunno but thats awesome

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

dont come into nier expecting mgr 2 or bayonetta 3, its a action rpg with an emphthesis on the rpg, but game play is crisp and if you want something with an original story/setting then this is the game for it

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

buglord posted:

I'm talking on a really basic level with combos, blocks/parrys, and fighting dudes multiple times taller than me.

oh yeah thats all there for sure, apparently a lot of the staff from mgr are from this and the basics are all there. some people i know where kind of cross because the game didnt have the same depth of combat, but it is sharp platinum style

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I respect your opinion about the ending, though I feel differently but who is best android???

Jackass

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Jean-Paul did nothing wrong

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

*BLEEP* is a fuckface.

Hypothesis: Garbage

yeah the bleeping his name was weird whyd they do that?

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Ekusukariba posted:

What is the missable thing?

ending y. if you beat the second bonus boss without getting the bad end, its locked off.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

so weird question, but would anyone happen to know if there is a 3d render of emils head online somewhere?

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

RottenK posted:

Ah, I guess I missed the video when it came out, or forgot about it. I'll check it out, thanks. Will see about reconfiguring controls too.

i've been telling a lot of people starting this game to just not use the lock on. it takes a workable camera and makes it really bad. the auto target on combos is good enough that the only thing lock on helps with is getting a little extra dps with the gun while in a combo

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

the revelation that master hand and crazy hand are just two young brothers attempting to make friends, and that nier just killed all their friends and then them.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

it wouldnt surprise me if the terminals never intended to shoot at the moon and instead where going to launch the machine conscious into space the whole time anyway like what happens in ending D. they just told A2 and 9S that tgey would destroy the moon to keep the evolutionary process going fir as long as possible

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Squidtentacle posted:

Totally unrelated, re: humans and machines, now that I think of it

Adam's and Eve's whole proposal in the alien mothership is "bring us the humans from the moon so we can dissect them." If the machines knew humans were extinct, you'd think Adam and Eve would too, since they're connected to the network. I guess there's also the chance the Terminals have information they're withholding from the general network, though.

i think it works the best if you think of adam and eve as basically being network admins, they can do most things, but they arent omnipresent of the network like the terminals are

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

My memory's a bit fuzzy but I'm kinda sure that's not the implication with 9S in the English, but 2B feels that way

i don't know about that it seemed pretty obvious that was how he felt in english for me, especially with him going something like "i guess we won't see him again" and even though he calls him "a stupid machine" he really obviously sounded down about it to me

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Snak posted:

:suicide:

I would take a break, but I don't want to give up my checkpoint.

make sure you're online

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

no really go online

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Archenteron posted:

Yoko Taro apparently tweeted the following (a non-babelfish translation courtesy of Reddit) ""I'm constantly taken aback by Automata's speed as of late. It didn't even take 2-3 months and Automata is already about to achieve what took the previous Nier 7 years, from new goods development to various events. I am incredibly thankful to everyone who buys the game, but I sincerely hope you don't overdo it and keep things within reason.""

Yoko made a good-selling game and doesn't know how to handle it :kimchi:

to be fair automata kind of exploded. like i knew the game would sell better at launch but i didn't expect top of the steam charts style launch. neither did taro or square either, to be fair

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

nothing to do with plot chat but you all listen to this album of nier 1 remixes
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCEF3DCED11B6DEC5

specifically you should listen to the shadowlord remix

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 24, 2017

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

redreader posted:

I'm only in route b but I'm already starting to think maybe that the bad guy is in fact, me. (Please put your entire answer to this in spoilers)

maybe.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Mindblast posted:

I'm up for whatever as long as it shows whats BEHIND THE loving ELEVATORS :argh:

in the words of yoko taro its full of poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

honestly i just want yoko taro to make another game with dubious ties to the series ala nier 1