Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

RanKizama posted:

Try the corner by the missile. That's where I got it.

I got it in almost the opposite side of that area, so I think it just shows up anywhere in the ocean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Something I just put together (route C/D spoilers):

It seemed unreasonable to me that the androids would go to so much trouble putting together the conspiracy to create and then destroy an orbital military base just to give other androids a fake purpose.

But we do see it happen in game. 9S discovers the conspiracy, but it doesn't break him because he still has 2B. It isn't until he loses both that he starts to break down, and he breaks down hard.

A2, meanwhile, lost her purpose a long time ago and became a mindless killing machine. But when she inherits 2B's purpose of protecting 9S, she very quickly becomes much more human.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
The slow time pod program can give you a head start. On the third race, if you do an air dash and then heavy attack with a heavy sword off the building you start on, you'll move diagonally forward and down, which can get you to the ground and running faster.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Dabir posted:

You can lock on to enemies in MGR, and tapping the subweapon button instead of holding it quickfires them.

Also, Redhot Kick will send you flying at anything you lock on to, so everything is in melee range all the time in Revengence. Even birds.

I wish Nier:A had a bigger move list. I also wish it had an in-game move list

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Yeah It's a Yoko Taro game with a sorta-uplifting lingering mood

im pretty sure this means one of the seven seals was broken to make it or something

It's fine. The Second Seal of the Gaming Apocalypse is Capcom releasing a new, good MegaMan, and that'll never happen.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
You didn't miss anything. You'll switch back eventually. The choice there is just the order you see a couple story segments in, but the game will have you play through everything.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Vermain posted:

This is fully intentional. Remember, A2's whole quest is about her regaining her humanity and learning to trust and rely on others again. Berserker Mode is what she activates when she wants to become a one woman army, because she's scared of forming a bond with others again, only to lose them. 042 explicitly tells her several times at the start of the fight, "You shouldn't activate Berserker Mode. Let's work together to defeat Hegel instead," which she tries to furiously brush off - but 042 is correct, which is the lead in to her slowly emerging from her self-imposed isolation.

That's a cute explanation, but that doesn't change the fact that it's bad game design. The game introduced a new mechanic; every player is going to try out that new mechanic, especially when the character they're controlling is telling them to use it.

If the designers wanted to have the impact you describe, they should have introduced the mechanic earlier and highlighted its danger then. That way, when the pod says "this is a bad time to activate danger mode," the player could make an informed decision about whether the current, extremely dangerous boss required the risk.

Besides, in plenty of games, cartoons, kung-fu movies, and other media, a character saying "you can't use that technique; it's too dangerous" is code for "this is gonna be super cool, just you watch." I'm all for trope subversions, especially in a Yoko Taro game, but not when it has a negative impact on gameplay.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Regarding the ending discussion:

One of the game's main themes is understanding that the only meaning that anything has is the meaning you ascribe to it. Nothing matters unless you let it.

Sacrificing your data doesn't really do anything; that's true. But if you find meaning in the gesture, that's real.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Nina posted:

Really the greatest mystery of the setting is why they keep rebuilding model 9 when his sole consistent character trait is loving up and getting dunked.

He's the best at hacking. Like, actually the best android hacker in the world full stop. That's kinda useful when you're fighting an eternal war against an AI.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Cephas posted:

Yoko Taro did it. He won. I bought 3 bullet hell games while they were on sale on Steam and I love them. (Blue Revolver, Mushihimesama, and Ikaruga)

The game goes into Twin Stick Shooter mode at some points, but I haven't been able to spot any classics in that genre. Are there any standout titles? Sad robots optional.

I don't know about sad robots in twin-stick, but I can recommend horny robots: look up Scoregasm.

Also, yeah, if you like action and bullet hells, Furi is a wonderful beast.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

some guy on the bus posted:

Piano streamer Lara6683 learns songs (mostly video game stuff) on the spot. I asked her to learn Weight of the World. It came out pretty well I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZQKLbEasvo

I agree! Thanks for sharing.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Samuringa posted:

The problem with 2B's character is you only realize what was her deal in the very last dialogue of the game. It makes you completely reevaluate everything that happened in the game, but it's kinda late.

I agree. I'm going to show Automata to my friends eventually, and I plan on spoiling that bit after Ending A. I think it'll make the repeat sections more interesting, since they'll be able to actively see 2B's actions in a new light instead of just thinking back on it.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

b_d posted:

everyone can taunt they just don’t have it built into their melee attacks.

They can? How?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I know "They did it wrong on purpose" isn't a satisfying answer, but given the game's themes, it may not be an accident that the character with anger issues (and a mechanic that uses that anger) is punished for giving in to her worst impulses.