Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Until you get to route B, at least...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Synthbuttrange posted:

So I wasnt being an idiot and pod fire is pretty much the only decent way to take out the snakes?

You were 100% correct there, even an idiot like me eventually realized "just range kill those fuckers" was the correct option.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

END ME SCOOB posted:

You were 100% correct there, even an idiot like me eventually realized "just range kill those fuckers" was the correct option.
If you're playing on Normal difficulty, locking on with the Laser Pod makes short work of snakes since it locks onto their glowing yellow core. Unlike the Gatling Pod, it'll just burn through their metal body and hit it regardless.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

So I just started route B, and headed to the resistance camp, and...

Were those NPCs in the background there also present the first time you go there in route A as well?
If so, wowzers.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

bewilderment posted:

So I just started route B, and headed to the resistance camp, and...

Were those NPCs in the background there also present the first time you go there in route A as well?
If so, wowzers.

yes. it drove me crazy since they are npcs from the first nier.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Iretep posted:

yes. it drove me crazy since they are npcs from the first nier.

I'm well aware, since I played that one through (well OK I got endings A and B and then youtubed the rest), I'm just surprised I didn't notice them until later.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I'm just glad this game gives you a fun way to deal with flying enemies, unlike Revengeance which didn't even bother.

edit: Unless you count the rocket launchers that you have to go into a menu to equip, hold a button to manually aim, direct with the camera controls because they don't lock on, and stand totally still while you are aiming them. I do not count that

You can lock on to enemies in MGR, and tapping the subweapon button instead of holding it quickfires them.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

bewilderment posted:

If so, wowzers.
Just wait. ;)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
"Just wait" doesn't really mean anything if he's finished Route A.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Yeah after the original Nier there's no way I'm going to believe "oh those are just some background NPCs in this game and give me a quest item", I was just curious if they were always there. Means as I go through route B I'll wonder what else I missed that was there all along in route A as well. Hopefully not much.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

exploded mummy posted:

"Just wait" doesn't really mean anything if he's finished Route A.
In regards to these NPCS, it absolutely does.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want to hug those NPCs tbh

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

DLC Spoiler stuff

Is the black scrawl tank the only shade related thing? I heard there was a whole new enemy type and I can't get past the thing. Wasn't quite what I was hoping for either despite the amazing hack space.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

RanKizama posted:

In regards to these NPCS, it absolutely does.

He was asking if they made an earlier cameo before being formally introduced in route A. They make such a cameo in route B

He is on route B. He knows who they are. This is not some giant secret.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Why won't these guys stay dead?!

They just kept respawning several times over. I hoped it was just something scripted I had to fight through.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's an infinite grinding spot

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Is that on purpose or just a bug?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Ularg posted:

Is that on purpose or just a bug?

On purpose probably.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Definitely on purpose. There's more than one spot like that, and if you want to grind levels or materials, you'll be happy to know where they are.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's on purpose, so just haul rear end when you're fed up.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
It's beautiful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1gCw1sh9nI

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

exploded mummy posted:

He was asking if they made an earlier cameo before being formally introduced in route A. They make such a cameo in route B

He is on route B. He knows who they are. This is not some giant secret.
Was more referring to what revolves around them later on in the game since he seem a bit surprised by their presence and doesn't seem to have hit the end of Route C yet. Not sure if you'really intending to come off a certain way, but it sounds like you could stand to turn down your rear end in a top hat meter.

Squidtentacle posted:

Definitely on purpose. There's more than one spot like that, and if you want to grind levels or materials, you'll be happy to know where they are.
I'm aware of two spots that are like this. Both at previous boss fight locations. Are there more?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Would have been a thousand times better if they had the robot choir chanting, "I am the C.E.O."

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Dabir posted:

You can lock on to enemies in MGR, and tapping the subweapon button instead of holding it quickfires them.

Also, Redhot Kick will send you flying at anything you lock on to, so everything is in melee range all the time in Revengence. Even birds.

I wish Nier:A had a bigger move list. I also wish it had an in-game move list

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Noper Q posted:

I wish Nier:A had a bigger move list. I also wish it had an in-game move list
I would have settled for a thorough run-through of abilities. I had no idea that the pod toss was a thing until I had already cleared Route C.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, not having an in-game list does suck a bit. But I made one out of game that you can look at, at least!

Here's what 2B can do.

And here's 9S.

And A2.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

So is there anything notable about the red girls appearing in cutscenes for brief moments in route B? Like so. It was odd and a little creepy but I'm not sure what it was supposed to mean really.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
It's there, that's... notable i guess. Maybe you missed it the first time around

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It's something to kinda sorta foreshadow (C/D spoiler) how much the machines have already won and are just watching the androids to spur their own evolution. The red girls are avatars of the greater machine intelligence.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Sax Solo posted:

So is there anything notable about the red girls appearing in cutscenes for brief moments in route B? Like so. It was odd and a little creepy but I'm not sure what it was supposed to mean really.
Yes, big time. Keep going.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

HenryEx posted:

It's there, that's... notable i guess. Maybe you missed it the first time around

I suppose I could have, but it's definitely not there every time, so maybe I didn't.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Sax Solo posted:

I suppose I could have, but it's definitely not there every time, so maybe I didn't.
It is not there in Route A.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Hmm, was the bunker infiltrated around the time that 9S was unconscious after the gigantic Machine attacked?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fangz posted:

Hmm, was the bunker infiltrated around the time that 9S was unconscious after the gigantic Machine attacked?

The bunker was infiltrated before the game kicked off, and pretty deep. The machines just didn't pull the trigger until it looked like they might lose. The goal of the game is stalemate, after all.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

The bunker was infiltrated before the game kicked off, and pretty deep. The machines just didn't pull the trigger until it looked like they might lose. The goal of the game is stalemate, after all.

No because that timing is the only thing that would explain why 9S is the only YorHa uninfected.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The game explicitly states the thing chiasaur11 said! Maybe it happened twice.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Fangz posted:

No because that timing is the only thing that would explain why 9S is the only YorHa uninfected.

They weren't infected because 9S stopped his and 2B's sync with the bunker server when the machines injected the virus

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Saagonsa posted:

They weren't infected because 9S stopped his and 2B's sync with the bunker server when the machines injected the virus

Right but 2B was infected nevertheless. I assume suspending the sync protected 2B from whatever follow up payload so she didn't turn as fast but 9S was definitely too late.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

RanKizama posted:

Was more referring to what revolves around them later on in the game since he seem a bit surprised by their presence and doesn't seem to have hit the end of Route C yet. Not sure if you'really intending to come off a certain way, but it sounds like you could stand to turn down your rear end in a top hat meter.

He's not being an rear end in a top hat. He's explaining why you didn't understand the question and based of off this reply, you still don't. Chill out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I thought 2B was infected during the flight back to Earth when the YORHA flight units started doing those EMP-ish attacks