Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm not going to let my AI buddy attack at all so I can hog all the coolness for myself unless it's the really cute short haired A2 from that trailer because she is cute and that's the only thing that matters.

I can't wait for this game to come out, but I'm going to and get the EU release from Amazon instead of a JP digital copy or import because it comes with an Emil head T-Shirt for like £2 more than the regular version of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm looking forward to killing the moon in true platinum games style.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yoko Taro's working on a smartphone game for Square.

http://sinoalice.jp/

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhDL3Q86ofY

:allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The shirt edition on Amazon UK is only a couple of quid more than the non shirt edition. You'll be able to recoup a lot of the cost by reselling the game if it's un-needed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A2 is literally perfect.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not really been elaborated on. They've been playful about even being able to play as A2 even, despite it not really being in doubt.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

I remember hearing something about having to complete the game 3 times to get all the endings (from that 30 minute long gameplay, video I think) so maybe you'll unlock new character at the end of your first playthrough and you'll have to complete the game as each character to get all the endings?

Pretty sure they said that there are multiple endings (no given number), that the first ending is only the halfway point or so and that you need to figure out how to get them yourselves. But there's been no information when you can play as who, even if playthrough 2 = 9S mode makes sense and what not.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Taro's twitter always sharing vital information.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nina posted:

Real talk it makes me feel warm and fuzzy that Taro is popular now and gets to make a game that'll probably sell a ton because he's deserved it and hasn't gotten the recognition he should have during his career in gaming. :unsmith:

I sincerely want gaming to be a medium where people talk about video games having moving and thought provoking stories like The Last of Us or Gone Home for easy points to show their cred but with a quiet acceptance that the actual best stories are written by a dude who pushes the envelope and strives to defy convention to a demerit at times and likes big butts, downer stories, big butts, cool chicks who kill their sisters and take their men, Nier Automata T-Shirts, sassy dragons, cute baby dragons and last but most, big butts.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All of these interviews are really good and make me want to be friends with all three of the main PR people.

This one is good too, especially the end bit about Dragon Quest and the discount sword.
http://www.rpgsite.net/interview/5299-nier-automata-interview-square-s-niche-kings-on-their-trip-into-a-robotic-future

I have decided actually that Yoko Taro is my best friend even if he doesn't know I exist. My BFF. I'll fall off a building and die for his amusement anytime.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Please just confirm the PC date already. If it's months off I don't think I have a choice but to live the story through someone else. I just know some comment somewhere will spoiler a really important plot point near/from the end game if it'll take long enough.

Apparently, today's Dengeki stream confirmed that the PC version is still being worked on, but due to a recent game being cracked unexpectedly (Almost certainly referring to Resi 7's Denuvo) they need to re-evaluate the piracy situation and go from there but that it won't be long. Not the answer I'd have wanted, but I think it's not an especially unreasonable one from the view point of a publisher.

I believe the music in FFXIV is just Song of the Ancients Fate and the studio version of The Weight of the World (J'Nique Nicole version), which is the Automata theme.

CrashScreen posted:

Apparently the Japanese release will also contain English subs and the dub.

must not cancel existing EU physical pre-order to play a couple of weeks early for a lot more money on yen cards i can't spare must not cancel existing EU physical pre-order to play a couple of weeks early for a lot more money on yen cards i can't spare

Finally, there was that 15 second trailer a couple of days ago. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOD_M_KGAzo) That one was a "Censored" version.

This is the uncensored version. The ending of this trailer is way more "spoilery" than anything up to this point
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTa7M2qyLN4

Full Taro :getin:

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Feb 20, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nina posted:

gently caress. I hate that I called it

Probably more to it than meets the eye, with it being in a real barren area and him fading in and out like a hologram, but god-drat if I'm not desperate to see where he's taking us this time

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I still wish that they could have gone with the idea that the third Drakengard game would be Drakengard 4 and the story was them looking for Drakengard 3.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The JP pre-load is live.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pretty safe for a day or two. Not likely to get an imported physical disk before PSN unlocks the game.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Read somewhere earlier saying that Saito had said it supports all the languages it's translated into on today's Dengeki stream, nothing to source it though so pinch of salt.

Just worth waiting for it to unlock because the info will be shared liberally then. I'll definitely post it if I hear and it's not been posted in here already by the time I do.

Genocyber posted:

If it does have full English audio and text then it makes it really weird why they delayed the NA release at all.

There's probably some arbitrary reason why they chose to do it known only to Square suits.
At least Americafriends get it on the 7th of March instead of the 10th like us EUfools.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 20, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

I played the Automata demo a while ago, randomly started thinking of its music again and I've had this one song playing on loop pretty much all weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52SDmUpfxCI

I'm basically addicted to this track at the moment. I did get NieR on Ps3 last summer but haven't played it, so I guess my question is is its music even half as good as this one track?

NieR probably has the best soundtrack of the PS3 generation and is a contender for best game OST ever. So yes, absolutely.

Mindblast posted:

In the event that the jp version ends up having full EN/JP for both text and sound how dificult is it to prep for this and buy it with a jp account?

As long as you make a JP PSN account, which shouldn't be too hard with minimal google efforts, you can get PSN Yen codes emailed to you from PlayAsia and some other places I can't quite remember. The game is around 8500 yen on the store currently, but the best value is probably a 10000 yen card. 10k yen at the moment is about £80 so probably $100?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

J'nique's version is amazing, but that 2:20 of Emi's version on YT already is my jam. I need it immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzh_kyMp55U

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Genocyber posted:

Trophy spoilers are out, and apparently they're quite spoilery. To the point that this is the first time I'm going to avoid looking at them, and I do not give the slightest poo poo about spoilers normally.

I don't care too much for spoilers but I'm trying to avoid explicit ones for this until I inevitably cave but I checked these and want to back this up

The trophies definitely give away a lot of things.

If only places didn't want around £90 for 8500 yen :negative:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Try posting the question on twitter or amazon page? I don't believe it's been stated. It's a game shirt though so I would be surprised if they don't go with L because... you know.

e:
Also, something from the trophy list that trophy hunters might want to know but contains no story information and is safe to look at, but I'll tag anyway.

There are no difficulty locked trophies

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Feb 21, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://rologeass.tumblr.com/post/157521463826/first-look-and-notes-at-early-copy-of-nier

There's some spoiler free pics of someone's disk copy here and they have a little info. Note that people can put text in their notes so it can't always be guaranteed to be spoiler free to click this page.

They posted this information with it.

quote:

First Look and Notes at Early Copy of NieR Automata (SPOILER FREE)

- The packaging is pretty good. Manuals and other information stuffs is really neat with Nier-ish aesthetic.

- When you get the physical copy early, you can play the game immediately. You can also do screen capture, but you cannot share it.

- The game’s file size is 47.7 Gb

- There’s an additional 6 Gb (Edit: The file size is still not fixed yet) download for Patch 1.01 update coming on 2/23 (Day 1 Patch)

- If you play with the fresh installation data of the game WITHOUT patching it to 1.01, the save options is very limited (most of the time the game is not saved). You can play the game, following the story missions for several hours and at “some certain point” you will ABSOLUTELY die. Note that this thing won’t happen if you play the patched game on the official release date.

- Besides fixing the saving problem, Patch 1.01 will also fix some bugs, fix the game balance adjustment, and adds some additional content

- The tutorial in this game just doesn’t help so much. Be sure to read the manuals paper or in-game manuals

- Fast travel is exist

Basically, the day one patch is vital.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 21, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That page updated to say they don't know the patch size but I haven't edited my quote yet.

As much as I'd like to attribute it to Taro, I'm pretty sure it's just a nasty bug.

e: Edited it now.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Feb 21, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Steam release 10th of March! (Same day EU, couple of days after PS4 USA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e41x8VPQVMw

Take warning though, the version of this trailer on Square's official account does not mention this date and neither does a piece of PR released by them today...

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 21, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The trailer with the Steam date is the one you can get from Square's press site if you have credentials even though they didn't upload that one to YouTube themselves.

They've hosed everything up about this but we're reaching the light at the end of the tunnel on this PC launch debacle it seems.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not nearly simultaneous, it is simultaneous. It's just sim for the EU market zone instead of the US one.

my cat is norris posted:

Hey, that trailer's music hits the same musical beats/melody as Song of the Ancients! That's a nice thing to hear. I really notice it at the 30 - 40 second mark.

Yeah, the boss music in the demo has it swell in and out. It's a nice leit motif to have. Maybe the best one.

Unless we get the Yonah one as well... that one might be the best one.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Should have been worldwide though :argh:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He says there's a way to detect them even without it too.

Knowing him, it'll probably flash on the screen "HEY, OLD FOGIE, YOU ARE GOING TO DIE SOON!" or something.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

HenryEx posted:

(i can't actually hear 18+ anymore)

Same :smith:

Best go get the slippers and blanket.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/917/battle-trailer-introduces-nier-automatas-main-weapon-types

Square-Enix have removed the trailer with the PC date from the press site.

So, basically, back to square zero I guess.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 21, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

Oh bother, I've had tinnitus for a while so I already get those occasional "wait, is that sound coming from inside or outside my head" moments and now this videogames man is accessorizing it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

InfinityComplex posted:

same

The day that my hearing stops working will be the day I die.

:same:, probably.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This is the best derail, by the way, even if it's revealing how horribly crippled for life I am.

Try not to think about how little by little, your eyesight is surely getting worse and looking at computer screens for almost everything nowadays doesn't help!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want to kiss Yoko Taro on his Emil mask and thank him for what we are soon to receive.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm getting in on this instead of waiting and getting a free Emil t-shirt. Only around £7 more is too much to pass up for a couple of weeks early.

Looks like the HK store isn't preloading though so I won't be able to play until Thursday my time probably, because it'll probably be middle of the night when it updates for me. (Around 5pm PST I think is when the window for HK store updates begins)

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Feb 22, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

arisu posted:

I caved and bought the HK PSN card.

It was $14 more than what I would have paid for on Amazon. Whatever today is my birthday I'm gonna splurge and play the game early!

I guess the unlock isn't until about 5PM PST? Hope my download speeds aren't too terrible.

It'll probably be uploaded to the HK store tomorrow morning (HK time), which the earliest time they list for updates is 9am HKT (about 2am GMT), which I think is around 5PM PST Wednesday, yeah.

Saw someone streaming a JP copy with English text earlier so let any fears be assuaged regarding that. The HK version is listed with English/Japanese on Playasia and the PS Blog for HK too so it won't be different. Didn't stop in long but there appears to be some appearance customisation in regards to fashion accessories.

Okabe is working with Taro on that new Mobile game
http://gematsu.com/2017/02/sinoalice-character-introduction-trailer

And it's now officially out in Japan!

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 22, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

exser posted:

Yeah. It's probably just regular psn bullshit. It exists, but doesn't have a price.

I have no idea this is true, but I read elsewhere that it's a thing that with pre-orders on PSN, it takes a while to swap over from pre-order mode to released and during that time, the product can't be bought.

I guess it's feasible that a person may need to do it manually and if so, there's like 7 or so hours until 9am JP time when you might be able to expect it to happen. I'd just check in every now and then.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

dazat posted:

Does anyone mind telling me how much Automata costs? I'm picking out PSN cards from Play-Asia and the online JP PSN store doesn't list the price.

It's a little under 8500 yen.

It'll be just under 430 Hong Kong dollars when the store updates. It's the middle of the night there but the window for store updates opens at 9am there, which is roughly 2am GMT or 5pm PST.

430 HKD is significantly less than 8500 yen.
I would recommend waiting for the Hong Kong store to update first and making a decision then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Got the HK version downloading while I go back to bed because it's 5am.
It's gonna be a good day today.