Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

CJacobs posted:

Had a question for folks that know the game better than I do. I'm trying to plan out my livestream so that I can do sidequests and plot quests in tandem without distracting from the story too much, and I've come to a logical rubik's cube I need help solving (route A spoilers). I need to do these sidequests during Route A. However I don't want to spend a whole stream just running around doing side-stuff so I'm trying to split it up. Once you do the Missile Supply quest and 9S is subsequently kidnapped, a number of sidequests become unavailable until (I assume) Route B. However, there is a brief window of time after you rescue 9S from Adam but before you go to the Machine Factory where you can free-roam with just 2B by hherself. Can you do any of these quests during that time? Please let me know if you remember.

As far as I know, no.

All of those involve some dialogue between 9S and 2B and I'm pretty sure none of those quests are available without 9S.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Veotax posted:

So Yoko Taro is a guest producer for the new 24-man raid in the new Final Fantasy XIV expansion

End of the raid requires you to delete your character data.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Route B unnecessarily repeats a lot of the same cutscenes but it also introduces many new ones that help you understand the world more.

9S is also better at melee combat than most people assume. You never need to hack any regular enemies because his normal attacks are very strong, as long as you remember to use your upgraded weapons from route A (because enemies are stronger)

I think the problem with B is a budget one. If they had more money they could've made B more of an alternate campaign

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 06:45 on May 19, 2019

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Relin posted:

weird that after all my passive spoiling and intentional self spoiling, no one ever mentioned the ro-shi/ko-shi quick swap battle near the end. you'd think people would mention it more, i've never seen a game do that and was genuinely surprised and impressed.

I think its overshadowed by all the crazy poo poo that happens near the end but true, it was really cool. You could put a similar gimmick in Bayonetta or Devil May Cry and it would look pretty awesome.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

You will peek under that skirt and let no one tell you otherwise

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Sleekly posted:

Just started playing this, it look enormous! I like it so far.
Any fishing tips? Good spots? Do I need any gear or anything?

Thanks!

Fishing is super optional but it can be a good source of money. Just drop the lure and wait till it sinks.

You should try fishing on the coast (once you get there). You might catch something unusual with patience.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

My disc copy of Automata became as gods and still havent had a chance to replace it.

I definitely want to experience it again.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Wasn't it that all scout units were monitored by executioners? The situation wasn't unique to 9S so it would make sense they had to come up with some sort of plan to stop scouts from going rogue.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Wow. I never played Nier but this poo poo is going to be good

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

PS4 thread is going to places when Nier talk starts again :allears:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

The Walrus posted:

I just started route C and I'm totally unspoiled other than who I will play as and whooo boy. I'm strapping in.

Strap harder or you fall off

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Looks awesome, even if it's probably gacha hell.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Unlockable 2B / 9S / A2 in Nier Remake would own pretty hard.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Hikaki posted:

This doesn't make sense to me because the big twist is that Shadowlord is as close to being literally Nier himself as you can get without actually being him. How would moving away from that work with the theme of the game?

"You thought this was a Nier remaster, didn't you?"

:yokotaro:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Never change Yoko Taro-san

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Yeah I stopped playing after the intro because it keeps crashing after loading and I can't be bothered to reinstall to find out if that does anything. Probably not.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

So any thoughts on Voice of Cards?

I heard it's a really short game for a JRPG but I liked the demo well enough so I'll probably buy it later because I'm really curious where the plot goes with such a typical premise.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I bought the full game because my curiosity got the better of me and there's something about the fully voiced narration that stuck in the back of my head. It's like me reading fairy tales to my kids, just more violent.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Just finished chapter 1. Everything moves so slowly in this game it's pretty frustrating. Even navigating basic menus.

Still, I wanna see my rear end in a top hat hero get exactly what he deserves, whatever that might be in this case.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I think the game would be significantly better if they gave Taro a bigger budget than his lunch money.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I just got to chapter 7 and I can see a Yoko Taro ending coming from a mile away

Mar is your sister and she needs the last remaining Dragontear in existence to turn human and the Dragontear can supposedly save or destroy humanity..

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Anyone wonder why everything in Voice of Cards is named so literally?

The first town is Advent, the neighbouring town is Nexton (lol) and so on.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I'll probably pick this up. It does feel unlikely that they address any flaws of the first one like the cumbersome menus.

Maybe they'll tweak the battles a bit, who knows.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Automata has a lot of elegant design like putting dash, dodge and sprint all in one button and it works flawlessly.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

susan b buffering posted:

yoko taro i love you but please make a non-mobile game

He's made like 3 non mobile rpgs in one year or so

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

B route is seriously lacking at least 2 of those things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

ShimaTetsuo posted:

that's fair, but in a discussion about "what's yoko taro even been up to", it seems weird to just ignore this game? I mean, there's tons of story in there. yoko taro doesn't do more work when the gameplay is like automata vs when it's like reincarnation, does he?

Pretty sure he mentioned in an interview (jokingly or not who knows) that PlatinumGames was so good at their job he had nothing to do.

I'm paraphrasing and It's Yoko Taro but I'm sure there's a hint of truth there.