Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
http://nier2.com/blog/2014/01/31/monaca-yorha/ DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i'm fine with having to aim ranged weapons but no camera lock-on is really bad

annoying beeping at low health

had to look up a walkthrough vid to figure out where to go after killing the crane arm (the guy spent a long time wandering around as well)

dying kicks you back to the beginning

the map is garbage (not the minimap)

4/10, 20 dollar purchase

Relin fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Dec 23, 2016

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

tap my mountain posted:

Microsoft is literally incapable of working with 3rd and 2nd parties, big surprise.
they did a lot better than the ps3 did with third parties! but then for whatever reason they hosed up majorly the xbone, maybe they thought they didn't need japanese devs any more

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

FedEx Mercury posted:

I wish this game was coming out on Steam at the same date.
Eh console players will be beta testers

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Kaldaien, the dude who made the PC fixy thingy, has code in the fix that breaks it on pirated copies. Automata was cracked recently, so now people are getting mad at him about that.

I imagine he's going to be equally mad though when someone strips that out of his fix...
http://steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/1327844097131584424/

also, hes been banned from the nier forum. but his thing is still stickied

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

he probably hopes his coding abilities will land him a job

the simplest explanation though is "attention"

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

the mod creator deleted his sticky in the nier forum, so if you want updates you need to go here

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SpecialK_Mods

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

dlc still not on sale eh

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

where the hell is this quest node pointing to in the multistory building in the city ruins you climb up to the top of to get to the flight units to fight the goliaths?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

TalkLittle posted:

I think near one of the windows on the 2nd floor
i couldnt see the npc in the black on black shadows ahhh

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

2 questions, for now:

1. are the non yorha droids aware of their back up system? i'd be pretty jealous
2. can normal androids be affected by the logic virus or is it yorha only since they have machine cores? i would think the normal androids system architecture would be incompatible with the machines. unless its just hand waved away for gameplay purposes. it makes me think of the scene in independence day when they upload a windows virus/hack the alien mothership lol

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

not being able to hack the bunny before it wakes up seems like a really lovely, spiteful change

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

weird that after all my passive spoiling and intentional self spoiling, no one ever mentioned the ro-shi/ko-shi quick swap battle near the end. you'd think people would mention it more, i've never seen a game do that and was genuinely surprised and impressed.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

how do i go back and get ending d without doing ending e

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

i'm surprised the the max pod upgrades cheevo is only the second least acquired, when the endings one is far less time consuming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

lol why was square enix, a huge game dev, worried about the estate of some philosopher whos been dead 40 years