Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Speaking of secrets, just before the first side scrolling section where you go around the first giant cylinder, there's a platform with items. How do you get there?

Edit: Found it. Before the second staircase on the cylinder there's a place where you can jump to a crane. Where is the other shortcut?

Edit 2: Found it as well. After descending a long way into the main interior area you'll come to a top-down fight. Walk off the screen to the right, fight the big robot, lower the bridge.. Anyone found any more?

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Nina posted:

I gotta say I personally really dislike this guy. His humor is very /v/ which I find obnoxious and he doesn't really cover anything you can't just quickly read from The Dark Id's LPs (which I reckon he did)

The Dark Id's LP will take you longer than 40min tho.

That said, I watched this weirdos insufferable "analysis" of Drakengard 3 and it was pretty much unintelligible for someone like me who hasn't played it. I thought it must just be a confusing game. Later I went through an actual LP and found out that, while it is a bizarre game, it is more intelligible than his "hilarious" mini sketches about context-free weird moments made it seem. Don't waste your time on him.

I wish the goon who did a recap of Drakengard 1 during his incomplete Nier LP had done that for the whole series. It was comprehensible, and the format of just telling it straight to a friend who was new to the series, letting the humor come from the guy's genuine wtf reactions, was entertaining.

As is, best fast way to catch up is probably to watch the best friends play lp at 4x speed or something.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

If anyone else is going in to Automata without any prior Yoko Taro experience and wants a summary of the previous games, this is the first one I've seen that didn't just confuse me. It's by someone whose both clearly hugely obsessive with the series and also capable of talking about it in a well organized manner. It covers both the games and side material chronologically in less than 30 minutes, admittedly glossing over a lot of details. But if that's the price of actually being comprehensible, I'll take it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE6n2KGbaZ0

(So basically I learned that this poo poo is all just loving insane.)

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

People keep posting that 30 minute lore summary on each page and I'm not 30 minutes worth of interested. Someone needs to make like a 100 word summary.

Okay, I've only learned the story from summaries and bits of LPs, but I'm up for a challenge:

Acts by powerful entities can split reality. Christ's death caused a split. One side became our world, the other a magic land (when matter from one reality leaks into another it causes magic). In magic land, beings called watchers want to kill humans. They possess people, it's indicated by red eyes. During a big fight, they cross into our world. Now they possess people here. When someone refuses possession, they die. To survive this, humanity split their souls from their bodies, planning to reunite when the watcher's attacks subside. It goes poorly. Humans move to the moon.

Exactly 100 words.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Feb 15, 2017

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Kibayasu posted:

I knew literally nothing about Drakengard before and for some time after I played Nier and I never felt like I missed anything so I don't think a 30 minute video is really going to be necessary for Automata. The first game probably isn't necessary.

Yeah, they've straight up said you don't need to know anything at all, it just adds some extra depth. Like people earlier knowing that the robots in the recent promo vid are wearing masks from a village in the previous game. Or knowing that one of the red-eyed androids has a tattoo of the Cult of the Watchers and that the Robo Buddy has a flower similar to the evil one in Drakengard 3.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Any specifics on what the PS4 performance will be like? I didn't play the demo.

After playing Nioh I have realized I am pretty much OK with the resolution going to zero and LOD six feet away from me turning into a slideshow as long as it's 60fps

Demo used dynamic resolution to maintain 60fps, like Nioh. Except it doesn't seem to need to dip below 900p, whereas Nioh spends a lot of time at 720p. So that's nice.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Alder posted:

Correct HK version: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ver=4.20.5:home

It's approx $5 greater than digital order for US. It's really tempting since it comes with the same Day One items.

Man, I wish I hadn't preordered through Sony already. If I could cancel and switch to HK I would.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I've also read that elsewhere that before long Hard is one shot mode too. I chose Normal because I wanted the lock-on functionality to be available when I want to use it. It's not especially easy on Normal either, to be fair.

Do people have any idea how the difficulties match up to other Platinum games? The demo gave me the impression that I should go one level higher than usual (Like Hard was the equivalent of Normal in other Platinum titles), but now it's sounding like they're actually aptly titled?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Man, aren't Platinum titles normally really polished on a technical level? I guess I haven't played any of them at release before, but I haven't run into any real bugs with any of the previous ones I've played.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Pierson posted:

This was a few pages back but when you say the copy on the JP store is "full english" you mean everything from menus to subs to text to voice?

If I'm in the UK/EU how hard is it to buy games from other regions? Because that's mighty tempting.

Yeah, it's full English. You just have to create an account with a dummy physical address on that region's store, then buy a few gift cards for that region from amazon or whatever. That's all.

Only potential downside is that DLC is region locked. So, if there is any you want, you'll have to buy it on the JP store as well. Probably not more than an inconvenience, but I believe there have been instances of DLC not having the same multi-language support as the full game. (Buying from the HK store would probably cover your rear end just fine. It's a much safer bet that anything sold there will have English support).

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Feb 26, 2017

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

So when people were saying the full game is harder than the demo, most people said it was largely due to health items not being consumed automatically. I ran through the demo a few times on hard with automatic health consumption turned off and it still seems fine. So, is hard the right one for me? Or is the game more difficult from the demo in other ways too?

Or is it possible to just change difficulty at any time, so I can stop fretting and start on hard and change if necessary?

Also, if anyone interested in performance sees the Digital Foundry vid and thinks "Oh, a tech analysis should be safe from spoilers," it's kinda not. Depends on how much you want to avoid, but they detail a bunch of early game events and mechanics. Not huge stuff, but I'd have liked to have experienced it on my own and it has nothing to do with the technical performance so why is it even in there?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Uh, anyone ever had a preorder that cleared ages ago display the error message "preorder payment failed" when you tried to preload it? Only information given is "please try to purchase again." Uh, no. You took my PSN credit already.

And no way to contact support until work hours tomorrow. Ugh.

Edit: Might have just been a stage in switching to preload. The failed preorder is still in my download queue, but a second preorder just got added that is now downloading. Weird.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Mar 5, 2017

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

So with this seeming to sell well and Platinum sitting on a bunch of unused Scalebound assets and code, they should angle for another Yoko Taro collab on the Drakengard side of the series.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Genocyber posted:

The annoying thing is that there is no well-tuned difficulty if you want challenging but not absurdly so. Normal is hilariously easy and doesn't even require you to pay attention most of the time (and this is doubly true later on when you can get some broken plug-in chip setups) while hard is one/two-shot city.

This is no joke one of the biggest things ruining the game for me right now. Normal is boring. Hard is absurdly punishing.

I bought two open-world post apocalyptic games this month. One I expected to have incredible combat mechanics, a fascinating game world, interesting side quests with well designed combat encounters, and a well tuned challenge. The other I expected to have some fairly casual combat, probably a bit of jank, and generic open-world quests, but hoped the interesting setting would make up for it.

I was exactly right, I just got which would be which backwards. Thank god I impulse bought HZD.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

ntan1 posted:

how far are you in the game?

Four bosses in. Does it get dramatically better? I'm gonna stick around for the music and plot weirdness, but right now I'm not a fan of it as a game. I knew the overworld would be less Platinumy but expected the dungeons to be on par with the demo... feeling a bit misled.

It's especially frustrating because Hard on the demo was tuned just right. In the final build everything is too lethal to for me, at least on a first run... and Normal is what I would imagine Very Easy would be. Neither are fun. I'm either sleepwalking to story moments or tearing my hair out.

Evil Canadian posted:

Wait, are you supposed to lose your bigger of your two swords after the first part? I don't seem to have it anymore. I just have katana/fists.

Yes. But you'll (minor spoilers) get an email early on that gives you the coordinates for where your sword washed up.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

ntan1 posted:

You're still in the tutorial.

You're still in the tutorial.

Eh, if Genocyber has done everything and says the combat never improves, I think the combat probably never improves. I guess I'll find out.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

polish sausage posted:

Yeah this is meant to be a nier game first and foremost. Platinum is just there to make stuff feel smooth for a change which it does. I'm a fan of both platinum games and taro, but Platinum had always said that the combat was going to be toned down mechanics wise for the jrpg fans since the reveal in 2015. It was always gonna be wonky to find a good difficulty balance because of the literal level up mechanics they put in the game.

You level up in Dark Souls and Horizon and the latter is even an open world with side quests. Neither sacrificed interesting combat.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

MechaX posted:

Dark Souls pretty much begins and ends at methodical level design, enemy placement, and boss patterns while using a pretty simple moveset. Valid choice, just different. Horizon is essentially an action game first with a leveling component to unlock some incremental skills (or just flat out QoL upgrades); being max level is never going to enable you to take out a Thunderjaw any faster than if you were at level 15. Hell, goes more the route of Monster Hunter than anything else with how vital crafting and mods are over everything else.

But hey, if you don't like Automata's gameplay, then that's still cool, you do you. I personally just don't find the opposite of people digging it really outlandish.

Horizon's leveling is much the same as Nier's. It increases your max health and raises the lethality of attacks. There is also a skill tree, but it's not hugely different from the chip system (Except you can only have so many chips active at once, so arguably Nier could have you be less overpowered). A leveling system doesn't have to undermine action gameplay if you balance it well. Nier seems to have just plugged in a Platinum combo system to a standard JRPG leveling system without any effort to make the two work together.

Mostly, I just want a level in between normal's "enemies have no teeth" and hard's "they all two shot you" for the early areas and for leveling up to match the increased danger of new enemies. The former is the simplest of tweaks, and the demo was even already fine. The latter is normally handled by levels requiring increased amounts of XP, and enemies awarding amounts of XP relative to their difficulty... it just needs tuned better.

I don't think these two genres are as incompatible as is being claimed. This particular game just didn't do a great job of it.

polish sausage posted:

Like I dug Yoko Taro's storytelling so much that I was willing to suffer through all of his esoteric bullshit in drakengard 1(Now THAT'S uninspired gameplay) to see it all. Unlike Kojima who hits you over the head with his themes, taro makes you look for it and actually doles his crazy out how in sharp, quick, and powerful ways. The treasure hunt to find out what's he's saying has always been alot of fun to do and the REAL gameplay for me, for a lack of a better word. Now that the actual gameplay not actually grating against me, doing that treasure hunt is the best it's ever been this time. I'm not going to get that experience from HZD or even dark souls which just says gently caress it, drops hints and makes you just go to google to find out what it's story is. But, yeah I feel ya that the gameplay is not what you wanted from platinum games, and that's a shame they didn't bayonetta it. Hopefully you stick with it for the Taro stuff at least.

Yeah, I'd never have made it through even the first Nier, let alone a Drakengard, from what I've seen. The demo just gave me confidence that Platinum were on their A game with this one and that kind of dull grind wouldn't be an issue. The most irritating thing is it feels a few tweaks to the RPG system away from having the Platinum combat tuning that I love. Oh well.

I am sticking it out for the time being because the music and weirdness is cool and I did already pay for the digital copy though.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Mar 8, 2017

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

It has a leveling system they might as well be the same game.

Not at all what I was trying to say. Just saying the idea that rpg leveling being incompatible with skill based action is wrong. Overleveling isn't an unavoidable outcome.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Mr President posted:

Are there any parts like the factory from the intro/demo or is the whole game boring open world stuff? I feel like the demo duped people into thinking this was a Devil May Cry esque action game.

Many hours in and there is very little that plays like the demo area. It goes into that mode occasionally, but it tends to be very brief.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

lets hang out posted:

did they change Sartre to Jean-Paul for the western version? weird ok

Jean-Paul is cuter, and it's still obvious who it is. What I don't get is why his name is censored whenever 9S speaks it?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

How on earth can there be legal issues with Jean-Paul Sartre's name?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Endorph posted:

my girlfriend sees me playing sexy anime games and her response is 'oh, that girl looks good'

get a better girlfriend op

If a girl isn't okay with casual sexism in character design, that's her defect. Also, I never noticed that the design gives a near full moon during the run animation half the time, you're the perv for looking at the screen!

Jesus christ, thread. I don't even know how to debate with someone who will blatantly deny that's it's noticeable.

Anyway, finished the second cycle.... I really hope I get my heavy attack back. Simplifying the already simpler than expected combat to include babies first shmup was tedious as hell. No more of that please.

Edit: Son of a bitch. They even gave me a minute of false hope.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Mar 11, 2017

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Holy poo poo, Route C is making me think Yoko Taro just personally hates me. What did I do to this guy?

If I'm not feeling the gameplay or the narrative, is there any point in me continue past this point? I know suffering through mechanics for the narrative brilliance is kind of the thing with Yoko Taro games and I would like to get my 60 bucks worth... but this is getting to be a bit much.

Also, A and B being separate routes kind of feels like padding. Like why not have the story just switch between characters during the first playthrough like any other game would do, instead of making you replay large chunks. And if that were the case, why have an ending after Eve dies at all? Just continue the game up until the apparently binary choice between C and D, like a normal game. The best argument I can think of is it holds off the "robots are self-aware" and "humanity is dead" reveals, which are both obvious. So obvious that everyone guessed it before it came out. This is a normal game with a choice between two endings, split up to pad length and be cute.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

If you aren't feeling the gameplay or the narrative, you don't like the game, so no, drop it if you're not having fun, just like any other.

I don't really get your complaints at all outside the padding one though, personally.

I mean, they reveal huge changes to game mechanics as the game goes on, unlike most games. Not ones I've liked so far, but that didn't make later ones invalid, so the question is a bit more pertinent than it would be with "any other game."

Thanks for the answer though.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yo tell me I'm not going crazy, I'm at the end of Route B (I'm pretty sure)

When I fought Adam and Eve in the mothership way back when there was like a split second frame of a girl in a red dress- nobody mentioned her and I'm like... 100% I'm not going crazy here, but I haven't seen her since and now I'm starting to wonder. My eyes weren't playing tricks on me were they?

Also I have a slight guess to the theme of this game and if I'm right then welp v:v:v

The robots keep trying to mimic humans and they keep failing, but they keep trying and trying- my guess is that they're failing because of android interference and that's the only thing keeping them back. I'm guessing that the humans either don't exist or something along those lines as well but who the hell knows. It's fun to guess.

Your eyes were not deceiving you. You are pretty close to answers to your speculation as well.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

If you're at route C, the gameplay isn't really gonna continue to change past what you've seen. And while I'd say that yeah, some of the plot points are predictable, a large part of what made it work for me was seeing how you get to those plot points and how the characters react that made the story interesting. That said, if you aren't enjoying it, don't try to sunk-cost-fallacy your way into hoping that maybe the next part is the part that'll make you like it. Just write it off as a loss and play a game you actually have fun with.

I just don't know why those plot points couldn't have been part of Route A. It feels like if The Last of Us got to Winter, and then said "Okay now replay everything from the start, but as Ellie. After that, we will show you what happens next!" Just switch me over to 9S for his bits of gameplay and exposition in cyberspace/on the bunker/whatever. Like, does the Yoko have any respect for my time?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

^^^ Sorry for the dissenting opinion buddy, but I've got at least one more question:

I ignored advice and got to Hegel and it was awesome. How much stuff like that and the boss in the bottom of the factory in Route A is left in the game and if there is more can I easily sort of speedrun my way to it?

Edit, in case I sounded too snippy: I'm not upset that other people are liking it, that's great. I kind of thought it was gonna be an ARPG overworld with Platinum dungeons, but instead it's more of a JRPG through-and-through, with Platinum bookends on Route A and pretty no Platinum zones at all Route B. Right after finishing Route B I was pretty fatigued of a genre that wasn't even hinted at in the demo/promotional stuff I saw. That's obviously no issue for JRPG fans and the people who were in before Platinum was even mentioned and for them, great. I'm mostly curious if there's more of the stuff I originally came for, plus a little (admittedly, maybe too much) venting.

It's seems like the A2 route is my cup of tea, so I'll probably finish that out and ignore the rest.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Mar 11, 2017

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

alcharagia posted:

So, (route C) I have a choice of whether to have Pod 042 support A2 or 9S. Is this like an ending choice or will I be doing both in sequence?

You do both. Just depends on what you want to see first.

Side note, I'm liking route C a bit more.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Finished endings A-E just now. While I thought route A was tuned to either be boring or overly punishing and I hated route B's cyberspace mechanic... I liked route C-E a lot, after it's frustrating intro was over. Aside from some very short sidequests, it was a nice long stream of Platinum gameplay and the difficult was tuned just about right, especially with A2's new combat mechanics. Also, all the interesting story beats happened in C-E.

If Route B hadn't been such a slog I probably wouldn't have been quite as negative earlier, though to a degree I made it worse by doing all the sidequests on that route, instead of later.

Armor-Piercing posted:

Are some of the sidequests inaccessible in the first route? I'm at what someone said the point of no return is and some of the markers are pretty far from where I've been.

Are the sidequests still available in the second route?

Yes, some are only accessible in certain routes, specifically ones regarding your operator. Other than those, any sidequest completed in route A will stay completed in B, though if it was only partially progressed it will be entirely reset. C-E sidequests are completely separate. However, there's no true point of no return for any sidequest, you just might not have access to some for a while because there's a chapter select unlocked after route C. If you're want to finish all subquests during their first availability, then in Route A and B make sure to finish them before doing the quest about the missile. For route C, do them before doing the mission about books.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I really hope that they repurpose this game's engine for future RPGs. There's so much here that's brilliant, particularly the way the game flows in and out of a free 3-D moving space to 2-D spaces, particularly when you're in towns and villages. It allows them to take a very small space and expand it without using up real-estate.

Like, imagine if the FF7 Remake had a similar flow. Exploring Cosmo Canyon like it was the village in this game would be incredible. The seamless way action and exploration is integrated is really wonderful.

This game does so many things so incredibly well. But...

Anyone here playing on the Plus? If so, can you comment on whether the final boss of Route A was really janky and glitchy on your end? Is there pop-up and frame stutters at points?

I'm not on Pro (I assume that's what you meant), but the area where that takes place has frame stutter all the time, including that fight.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I guess in answer to my own question from earlier regarding separating the different routes as they do, I'm now guessing it's largely because they play differently. Route A is mostly JRPG with some Platinum Lite action, Route B is heavy on shmup, and Route C is closest to a normal Platinum title. I've probably made it too clear what I think of the execution on the JRPG subquests and shmup hacking, but the concept itself is solid.

Alder posted:

About chapter select Can I replay Route B with 2B instead of 9S I can't get used to his moveset which made the entire route 2x as long as needed. Also I how do you find the final 2 Desert Flowers? They're marked on my map but I don't see them by the sand river zone.

About Pascal's Villagers on Route C Why did they decide to eat each other suddenly? Was it the virus?

I wish, but chapter select is not character select. I don't know the answer to the two other questions as I had already collected those items earlier somehow and am equally confused about the latter.

Actually, I'm confused about a bunch. I was really satisfied with the late game narrative because one character detail was really impactful with its implications, but the more I thought about the actual plot events in the last stretch the more I realize I don't understand any of it.

HGH posted:

I think I saw someone drag the route A final boss all the way to Anemone because they thought they could buy healing items, it got stuck in the walls and the clipping was ridiculous. I'm not sure why they even let you do that.

You're actually supposed to get one of the fail endings if you leave the main combat area during that fight, so it shouldn't have been possible. Guess it bugged out?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Is there a reason why (late game secret spoilers) Emil's house door won't open? I did the Lunar Tear mission and can still access Kaine's room just fine. Tried accessing it from a couple of the late game chapter selects, but no dice.

I wasn't really even hating on it in that post and have tried focusing on the positive since, as well as trying to help answer other people's questions. I did like Route C and overall I found the game interesting, if flawed and somewhat hellish in parts. I'm glad I finished it.

Hopefully, I don't really have to leave because I have issues with the 9S mechanics and the fetch quests. Route B/C's prologue was a dark time man.

vvv Ah, could've sworn I'd done that. Maybe it didn't carry to chapter select. Thanks!

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Mar 12, 2017

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Regarding Pascal in Route C: The best choice is to wipe her memories, because then she forgets what the children were and sells it their body parts at a store in her village... you can buy the children's faces and use them as fist weapons. What the Christ, Yoko.

This is why Yoko Taro is the best :allears:

Yeah that's a good way to sum up my feelings after completing it. I was miserable at parts and it's got it's issues, but it's weird appeals make me glad I played.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

dasmause posted:

Golden bots are far from "regular enemies". They usually spawn around that level depending on where you go first. If you can you're better off ignoring them till 2nd playthrough when you have easier time dealing with them, since to normal weapons they're pretty much invincible

To expound on this, golden robots are special challenges. You have to defeat one set of them for the next challenge set to spawn. It just so happens that each set occurs in order on the mission critical path of Route B, so it's safe to say that's when you're intended to do them.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Trick Question posted:

The secret boss, (padding) Emil (padding) , is giving me a lot of trouble. Any advice for chip setups? Do hacking chips help on the dude? Should I just powergrind to max level somehow?

I did him at 65 by a) approaching him when I could have an ally set to aggressive with me, b) loading up on defensive chips, c) dodge countering for what felt like ten minutes straight.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I have now died twice to the part in the intro stage where you're flying your Gradius ship, and the game disables your controls while the camera switches perspectives but the bullet hell bullets dont disappear and I plow right into them during the cutscene.

This game is lucky I already know it's good because this would be enough to make me stop playing right here and now if I have to replay this six minute scene one more time

There's a weird inconsistency during the scripted segments of the shmup bits. Sometimes you'll be invincible during the parts where you lose control, sometimes you won't. No issue on Normal, but on Hard or Very Hard it becomes good practice to try and clear the screen of projectiles, just in case the camera is about to pull you into them.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 14, 2017

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

^^^ He also misses a really obvious clue about 2B's true purpose and identity during one hacking section. Or maybe he does catch it and represses it, as A2 implies.

Trick Question posted:

Minor Spoilers: Since these androids obviously aren't emotionless by default, it's probably an attempt to prevent them from forming interpersonal relationships as well.

I'm pretty sure that rule was emphasized largely for 9S, due to 2B not wanting him to grow attached to her before she had to kill him yet again. Other androids don't seem to care about following or enforcing it so much.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Mordiceius posted:

Any reason to keep fish or can I sell all dat poo poo?

It's useful as yet another method of suicide. Otherwise, I think it's just to be sold.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

fadam posted:

What can be missed?

Really curious about this too. Also just curious if there's a list of postgame/secret stuff you can find somewhere. I've done Emil's house and boss fight, and the robot rabbit at the carnival and I know about the giant Emil heads in the desert when you upgrade all the weapons. Is there anything else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Under the vegetable posted:

now that most of the unmentionable stuff has blown over i think its time to actually have a discussion about ethics in games journalism and really question why so many reviewers these days seem to be so bad at playing video games and like aggressively defending their spots and demanding the industry change to accommodate their preferences re: challenge and reward

I wish it had blown over, but I think as soon as anyone tries to make push the issue the same assholes will come out of the woodwork again. It's just too vocal a portion of the game playing demographic.