Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Has anyone figured out a reliable way yet to farm diamond chips yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

2B and 9S are streaming on twitch https://www.twitch.tv/kylemccarley

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Pesky Splinter posted:

That was kinda fun:

2B's VA cosplaying as 2B, and 9S's VA wearing a bow.

This whole night was fun actually. I skipped around to watching new streamers playing and enjoying the reaction from them and chat to all the crazy poo poo that happens in this game. As a bonus I get to listen to the soundtrack again!

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I really wish more streamers would use Counter it is so amazing in this game.

I'm still trying to figure how to get more diamond chips, they seem super rare as poo poo.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

My favorite sidequest was the one where you have to give a ton of money to the inventor. I was not expecting that payoff.

I love that the payoff is visible all the time if you look for it.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You only gotta move the weapon shop cube for two pulls, he was merciful in a way.

I just hope they don't sit back and pod only at this point. Burnt by too many streams.

I'm seeing pod only with anyone playing on Hard.

I started watching this stream which is working on speed running and some of the skips have been neat so far. https://www.twitch.tv/elajjaz

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The guy actually just managed to clip his way into the Elevator in the Sunken City that you can't access. Unfortunately it ended up just softlocking since he couldn't do anything or leave

Seems rather convenient it keeps hims out of bounds when he falls into a bottomless hole.

Ahaha that item sitting in space....

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The guy actually just managed to clip his way into the Elevator in the Sunken City that you can't access. Unfortunately it ended up just softlocking since he couldn't do anything or leave

He just hit another soft lock and had to restart the game trying to break into the Copied City for sequence breaking. Looks like skipping Grun is not gonna happen unless something creative happens.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Watch Richfrom RLM and the other guy play Nier badly... https://www.twitch.tv/previouslyrecorded_live

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I'm always disappointed when streamers have JP vocals on, the soundtrack just isn't the same for some fights :smith:

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Snak posted:

I didn't realize there was a shoot oerrect counter until like 15 hours into the game. I felt so dumb. Of course there is.

Speaking of countering, how does the counter chip work?

When the enemy is about to hit you, the glowing eyes really help, you can press towards the enemy to parry and then when you see the obvious yellow flash, hit attack and you get a lot of free hits like a dodge parry. This game is a lot nicer than MGR where you can tap forward and not get punished. It works best with melee attacks and absolutely destroys most of the bosses.

fakeedit: I'm also not surprised I can't find a video online explaining it as most people think counter is dodge into attack.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Snak posted:

Wait... Overclock doesn't slow time for the player character? That explains how it would be useful...

Overclock = Bayonetta
Counter = Revengence
Pod Wire = DMC4

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Augus posted:

gotcha, simple enough

If you want to play it really safe, Machine Cores and Jewelry. There are one or two items that can be sold for money that are actually useful but you get those really late in the game.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I propose a drinking game when finding a streamer who has to play Hard/VH for their first time ever.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Wow, just watched someone on twitch fail the late game Pascal vs Engels fight. I didn't even know it was possible.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I enjoyed 9s' hacking once I gave him hacker chips and Death Rattle chip. It was the best and blew up most packs with one to two hacks.

ghostinmyshell fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 23, 2017

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Goons please stream more, I am tired of watching bad streamers who are 100% against getting better.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Bardeh posted:

I just picked this up and have played a couple of hours. It's really good so far (just killed a weird android that was birthed from some robot womb in the desert, but I have a couple of questions.

In the prologue, my health items were getting used automatically, but now they're not. Is that a chip that I now need to buy and install? And I dont have a strong attack weapon. The weapon trader has some swords, but they're expensive and I don't know how to tell which is an X attack weapon and which is a Y attack weapon.

The chip you are talking about is called the Auto Use Item.

Depending if you don't mind a minor spoiler There is a helpful item or two outside the factory runway where you fought the giant boss in the prologue.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

9s is streaming

https://www.twitch.tv/kylemccarley

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

9s streaming again https://www.twitch.tv/kylemccarley

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Durante is now working on the PC version. I might double dip on the PC version if he can pull off some miracles.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Paracelsus posted:

How do I get the version of Emil's shop where he sells weapons? I've heard about stopping him near the Resistance camp, but all he sells when I do that are +6 chips that are stupidly heavy.

I haven't figured out the exact method, but talk to him a couple of times, leave the city zone and come back, and eventually he should be near the Resistance Camp. You have to be careful because if you shoot him he may fly into another "area" where he's not selling the weapons. I take him out on the broken road right next to the camp entrance.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I think these were linked here before but these are pretty good "movie" versions of the game and do a decent job. Since the guy includes all the dialogue during missions you get to see some gameplay here and there.

Drakengard 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkmtlWhn_20

Drakengard 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eUSiPgb2wE

Nier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fishmFc5Ntk

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Yeah, sorry, everything with Emi Evans is good, and his opinion invalid. I like her duo project stuff as well, I wish she made more music I could buy.

You can trust any OST with involvement by the following Japanese people :

Yoko Kanno
Kajiura Yuki
The Ar Tonelico people especially including Shikata Akiko
And Okabe.

Did I forget someone?

You might have forgotten about Yasunori Mitsuda.

And I love the guy who did FFXI's soundtrack Naoshi Mizuta. I can close my eyes and immediately think back to my wasted youth grinding crabs and nodding to some good tunes.

We probably need a badass games OST thread.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Snak posted:

there's just no reason to use the combo system. With even a mediocre chipset, mashing square wins the game and makes you invincible. The dodge mechanic means that you aren't using it as mobility and instead of being movement or defense, dodging is just more offensive damage.

It's a cool system, but the combat encounters that the game presents don't engage with it in an interesting way.

You use the combo system to look cool while you have cool music exploding out of your speakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

On the PS5 make sure to exit the game when going to the dash or having the system sleep if you are working on any timed events, the clock either still runs or realizes time passed. Totally hosed my less than 15 hrs, all part 1 quests one playthrough before the time skip :smith: