Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

ntan1 posted:

no QTEs. I dont know if Platinum decided to finally get rid of them.
If it doesn't have at least one mashing-punch showdown it isn't a real Platinum game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

a kitten posted:

I bought one pretty much for this and Bloodborne and have zero regrets.
Same, except also Final Fantasy XV and Yakuza 0. Batting three for three so far!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Genocyber posted:

The actual game is out if you're willing to buy through the HK or JP PSN store. Full English and everything.
This was a few pages back but when you say the copy on the JP store is "full english" you mean everything from menus to subs to text to voice?

If I'm in the UK/EU how hard is it to buy games from other regions? Because that's mighty tempting.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Another downside is that it's apparently £20 more for us here (thanks Brexit). :gonk: I think I'll just wait the two weeks.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
This thread is a nightmare of spoilertext but I need to dip in to ask: Is it meant to be very hard to upgrade pods and weapons your first time through? I'm at the Flooded City battle right now and even picking up everything I can and with my droprate jacked way up I've barely upgraded anything.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
No-content posting but when I recognised the music cues that started playing in the big fish boss I marked the gently caress out.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
finished ending B at roughly midnight and it took every inch of self-control to shut the console down instead of just playin to 4am

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Emil is a good boy who has done nothing wrong, ever.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Not gonna lie I used hacking mainly to cheese stuff I found too obnoxious to fight.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Omi no Kami posted:

(act 1 question)Is the half-wit inventor quest worth doing early? I have tons of stuff I wanna buy, and I don't really want to throw money down a black hole.
It gives you the ability to buy a cool alien mask and also infinite amounts of one of the rarer crafting materials, either meteorite shards or meteorites themselves which are a big bottleneck for making level 3/4 weapons.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How is the new combat engine? The swords-and-spells of the original was cool but a little basic. I don't expect them to have gone full DMC/Bayonetta but is it a lot closer to how good Automata's was?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Nothing is tied to difficulty right? Because I forgot how crazy jacked-up enemy HP was on hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Blaziken386 posted:

I remember the original had rumors about how more rare items dropped on hard

no idea if those rumors were true, or if they even apply to the new version.
I know the item drop-rate is x1.5 on Hard but that is absolutely not worth the crazy jump in HP it uses. Fights against the starting enemies are a straight-up slog.