Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
That demo was pretty good.

vvv I hope there's just an achievement that calls you a stupid idiot for trying and it has no other use.

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
I'm curious where the time-traveling/dimension hopping androids tasked with un-loving alternate timelines from Drakengard 3 is going to factor in.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Nina posted:

2 is the point where they went "maybe if we moderate Taro this will become marketable" but it was just a bad move in general.

IIRC he wanted to make it an arcadey game about dragons in space.

Taro Yoko didn't have a drat thing to do with Drakengard 2.

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 31, 2016

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

He is credited as "Video Editor" I think. Which means poo poo all probably and is a honorary credit at best?

He was working on some other project (Cavia was basically a crummy licensed game sweatshop outside weird original titles) and the guy directing Drakengard 2 pretty much ignored the little input he had and made a boring sequel starring one of the stupidest protagonists ever.

Obligatory picture of Taro Yoko punching Drakengard 2's director in the face.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

That's a real interesting tattoo on that shirtless boy...

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
If there's ever any story DLC, it'd better be the adventures of Jackass Bombs the Planet or it's a waste of time.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Alder posted:

I hated the factory and how many times they made you revisit for quests...

It's a worthy successor to the Junk Heap. :v:

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How do you get Masamune registered in the Unit Data? I've met him but he is not there. Do I actually have to kill him?

You have to max out one of the weapons with "white/black-sword of the east" in the description (I think both 2B and 9S's default weapons are one.) He'll fork over a new weapon and gets added to the Unit Data.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Huh... Hacking (End Game Spoilers) A2 multiple times when you fight her as 9S is a heck of a thing I missed. I wish they hid more weird crazy poo poo like that when you hacked enemies beyond the scripted points.

VV He hacked Eve during that boss battle and got infected by him. That's it really. Kinda wish they went somewhere with Eve sporting Drakengard Cult of the Watchers tats when going crazy but oh well.

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 27, 2017

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Snak posted:

Agreed.

So, in Ch. 02-02: Traveling to the Desert, it says that I have 2/3 shared quests, and 0/1 2B quests. But I can't find any. What am I missing?

Probably wanna go back to the Bunker. The Commander has a sidequest that only has a brief window.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Nuebot posted:

I somehow only have 98% tutorials. What could I have missed?

Have you died while offline? There's a separate tutorial for that.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Hi. Hello. If you'd like about a hundred articles on why this is a good rear end game welp:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/q63HhWM.gif][/img]

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 30, 2017

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Nina posted:

Holy crap I only now saw that there's a cutscene at Kainé's hut in the third act if you unlock it beforehand. I had zero idea it was a thing

Eh? What happens there?

vv Oh. That's the end of that questline. Pretty sure you're directed there. It's a good scene that is super weird to only be a missable sidequest.

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 30, 2017

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

HenryEx posted:

Game Mechanics wise, the game never really traps you or goes "gotcha!". It always makes things exceedingly clear, though i guess it's your choice whether you listen to it / think it's important ("THIS GAME DOESN'T AUTO-SAVE").
The few things that it doesn't really spell out for you is what the diamond chips mean and when you're about to get a joke ending. The latter one can be remedied by remembering NO AUTO-SAVES.

*most* Of the joke endings at least have one of the Pods go "Proposal: Yo motherfucker maybe turn back..."

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

a kitten posted:

How do you even do that dash? I saw it in a video, but forgot about it by the time I got to that part.

Now that I've decided to restart the whole game it might be fun to do it. It looks cool!

Hold the dash button instead of tapping it.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

tweet my meat posted:

Wow so that Jackass fish mission just straight up kills you and ends the game huh? I'm not sure why they thought not having a basic autosave feature was a cool and immersive idea or that giving you a game over without any real "hey we're about to instantly kill you in a game with no autosave" warning would be funny or entertaining, but here we are.

This game seems really great, but with a few bafflingly bad designs here and there that I am amazed any competent studio would make. Not even a basic autosave system in a game made in 2017, the lovely camera often locks into a position where you can't actually see what you need to fight in bosses, poo poo like an instant kill joke ending without any real warning other than a "haha eat this, it might kill you or something".

Gonna go ahead and screencap this to make fun of you later. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

some guy on the bus posted:

But they don't actually need it. If someone actually needed my help, perhaps I would think about it. I had all my data backed up onto a external hard drive anyway. I recommend doing that if you want to delete your data.

Insert yourself in the nearest dumpster, garbage person.