Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Had it for a while. Really good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I got up to challenger elite. Dominus best car.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
2K is major fun but I'd say grab 15 for 5 dollars instead of 16. But basketball in rocket league would likely be better

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its incredible how many people that are clearly adults just chase the ball around and hit it in a straight line regardless of the direction it will head

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Hoops is really fun lol. Nobody knows how to play and all goals are purely accidental.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i was gonna pick this back up and play a few matches but i gave my brother my ps4 so he could play ds3. it's a really fun game, i wonder what it'd be like w/ way more players and a bigger arena though

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i was gonna pick this back up and play a few matches but i gave my brother my ps4 so he could play ds3. it's a really fun game, i wonder what it'd be like w/ way more players and a bigger arena though

it would be bad

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

in 3on3 my team mates cant help but boost directly into me spoiling the perfect shot on goal i had so imagine that experience x4 with 11 players each side

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

[sits back in the goal square watching a pile of 20 cars all slamming into each other while a ball stand motionless in the centre]

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

its incredible how many people that are clearly adults just chase the ball around and hit it in a straight line regardless of the direction it will head

Lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Everyone loses themselves to the endorphin rush of smacking the ball sometimes.. But its annoying when my team mates act like Dumb poo poo mongos every match all match with zero regard for the context of why there hitting the ball in the first place.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The one weekend I played this all I would do was drive straight at the ball and do a forward flip because it looked cool. Or I would ignore the match and try to get on the ceiling

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

me [watching my team mate hit a ball directly into our own goal]: Nice shot!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rocket League is a MOBA in that its extremely simple to understand at the core but there's a lot of people playing it because they like playing dress-up with the car instead of soccer without rules

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

Rocket League is a MOBA in that its extremely simple to understand at the core but there's a lot of people playing it because they like playing dress-up with the car instead of soccer without rules

uh

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

Sigh.. get back to work Larry.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Its the only way I know how to explain my team knocking it from the enemy goal into orus

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Its the only way I know how to explain my team knocking it from the enemy goal into orus

unlocked: trollface flag

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

an own goal is a common expression larry. you dont need to explain its the equivalent of playing a game of dota

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i use the sa grenade flag, goons represent :D

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

need an imp zone flag

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Same.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Same, but I also use Montenegro occasionally.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i really like when both my teammates quit because the score is 1-1 and apparently that's too shameful

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

in 3on3 my team mates cant help but boost directly into me spoiling the perfect shot on goal i had so imagine that experience x4 with 11 players each side

that sounds like its own kind of fun

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I've been playing this game with some friends. I love Rocket Labs and Snow Day, but my main play buddy keeps chasing the puck to the wrong side of the field, and then into our own goal. He's a very competitive man, and we make a point of stopping our play sessions together when one of us gets angry, so it's weird.

It's also hilarious.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I wish hoops was 3 on 3

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I wish hoops was 3 on 3

same

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hoops is insanely hard and I've never seen a fully intentional goal

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

when u do most of the heavy lifting

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Great Joe posted:

I've been playing this game with some friends. I love Rocket Labs and Snow Day, but my main play buddy keeps chasing the puck to the wrong side of the field, and then into our own goal. He's a very competitive man, and we make a point of stopping our play sessions together when one of us gets angry, so it's weird.

It's also hilarious.

Show him this.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

when u do most of the heavy lifting

Can't tell you how many games i've put my heart and soul into to only come out with 20 points.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
They have sold $110m worth of Rocket Leagues.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-01-rocket-league-has-raised-usd110m-in-sales

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Me playing Rocket Leauge

http://i.imgur.com/zeNlI70.mp4

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

it makes me happy when people become millionaires for making cool poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

good on them

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is ot me or have some of the recent updates made it a lot harder to register clear goals and center ball?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I have no idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Finally got around to the rumble mod. Ugh so much fun even though I suck even harder at this than the normal version

• Locked thread