Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

this show is really good. liking it a lot so far, wish ep 3 had aired but what're you gonna do. at least the animators probably got some extra time or something on episode 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

a kitten posted:

Yeah, more or less.

she should stop playing with her food

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Darth Walrus posted:

I 'unno, something about the messaging of this show just doesn't stick right for me. Particularly with what relentlessly stupid, evil strawmen the coup faction were. There's some masterful salesmanship going on here, but what's getting sold is making me more and more uncomfortable. I keep missing how charming, human, and generous Garo: Honoo no Kokuin, for instance, managed to make its gory dark fantasy.

garo: honoo no kokuin was a hidden gem

i kind of found it ridiculous how all the main char's human buddies were all hanging out unprotected on top of that train. should've stayed inside so they don't get turned by surprise zombies

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Lurking Haro posted:

He was already on the ground, wrestling with the kabane. So we have no clue yet whether a normal human can handle the recoil.
I'm also not really sure what the combination of gun powder and steam is exactly doing.

-e-
It seems like it's shooting shaped charges?

he's doing something like shaping the steam itself into a piercing bullet of sorts (in order to not get the shot blocked by the kabane's iron heart cage like the regular lead rounds) iirc

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

RareAcumen posted:

I loved this episode because 'people who think they know better than everyone else creating far greater tragedies when they capitalize on everyone's unhappiness with the current system' is extremely my poo poo.

I'm not saying they're wrong about keeping them in their own car or anything, poo poo, I wouldn't be comfortable with them sticking around every second of every day like they're actually people. I think that being their room for when it's time to sleep is cool though.

I'm pretty sure it shot through that logo/standard/cloth whatever when he first got it working though right?

yep, it's not a piledriver

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Lurking Haro posted:

Yeah, it still covered some distance. During his first test we see also burning paper, so it can't be steam alone.
They talked about increasing the cavity along with the explosives, which made me think shaped charge or something like a HEAT projectile.

superheated steam can set things on fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9uvIhgVz04

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Lurking Haro posted:

A jet of super heated steam would be awesome, but would it leave such a huge dent in a steel plate?
Also thanks for the video.

with enough pressure, yes. now, would something the size of the ikoma' gun be able to generate such a jet without exploding first or throwing ikoma across the room? probably not but this is animu

his gun might also work kinda like this thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrgTtZXuj4w

Condiv fucked around with this message at 13:28 on May 6, 2016

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Darth Walrus posted:

Near as I can tell, it's a piledriver with a 'jacket' of superheated steam. It pierces and burns/melts at once.

we would've seen the pile part of the piledriver at this point if it were one. remember he blew out that kabane's heart, so the pile driver should've been at least momentarily visible as it pierced that first kabane he killed

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Phobophilia posted:

my understanding is that the shogunate has been building up a corps of half-kabane supersoldiers, and mumei is being torn between that expectation of being a cool badass who flips off the squares, vs someone who cares for the team. its a super condensed character arc, but alot of people in this show have these condensed arcs and that minimised the amount of time i spent annoyed at mumei (80% of last episode)

i expect the shogunate to not care about ikoma's steam gun, but they will be very interested in how someone can become immune to kabane bites, so they're not forced to evade tank everything and mass produce kabaneri soldiers

like if there's a theme to this show, it's about the importance of human dignity even in the face of the zombie apocalypse, so i suspect the show is going to climax with ikoma and mumei trying to stop the shogunate from creating an army of kabaneri that would be used to suppress other humans

from what i saw lately, it looks like the shogunate is either underestimating the kabeneri and are planning for human war again, or are about to withdraw into an even more impenetrable shelter and keep the rest of the world out like the original walled cities did. in either case it was made clear that they are stockpiling weapons for use on humans, not kabaneri atm.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

C-SPAN Caller posted:

So I've enjoyed this show as the mindless action it is, but holy poo poo this show triggers some deep set sperg in me I never knew I had.

For context, I work on the railroad and have some decent background as a manager, so needless to say the trains in this show work weird.

Who the gently caress maintains the tracks between stations? Tracks that take heavy tonnage (Those trains easily weigh more than most freight trains) would need repair. And because its wood tie railroad, that means it can lose gauge if enough ties gently caress up, and considering when those trains travel they're mowing down corpses, that's not exactly something easy to repair. So who the gently caress is repairing the tracks?

The train engineer lady also last episode said "Evasive maneuvers" which is so loving ridiculous like what the hell? Trains are ON RAILS they don't dodge. And more importantly how did she move the switch? Switches nowadays are done either remotely or manually by hand, but nobody threw the switch so she could make a sudden detour, it just happened. Do they have remote control? Throughout the show it seems random what can magically switch remotely and what cannot.

Also who the gently caress is designing these curves. Not only do they have almost no elevation to bank on, but even worse they make arbitrary high degree turns in the middle of their stations for NO loving REASON. Like I get its fantasy trains but it just looks stupid having tracks with random curves that could have been straight.

Also the wheel lift that happened in episode six was laughable watching a bunch of people 'lean' on the car hoping that'd tip it back. The train weighs far more than they do and they are insignificant cargo compared to the train itself. No matter what they did it was either derailing or it wasn't.

In short, holy poo poo this show is so loving inaccurate but at least its really cool.

well at least the lean would do more than the pushing they were doing

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I'm sorry but most women train engineers do not look like that, although there's barely any of them to begin with :smith:

I want to get that swole though eitherway

she's a zombie train engineer, they have to be chisled to work the big iron levers and stuff

also she's sexy af

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Major Ricardo posted:

Why did they need more speed to begin with? Wasn't the plan to let the titan get close enough for their cannon to shoot it exposing the heart? It isn't like the speed helped them anyways other than to create Dramatic Tension

i think they needed time to prep another shot from the cannon after they hosed up that first shot. in that case, increasing the speed helps them a ton

edit: then again i think the big kabane was already on top of the train by that point making it worthless again

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

C-SPAN caller, is this something that actually happens to rail engineers' eyes? tia

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

C-SPAN Caller posted:

So my train sperg posts for this episode:

Not wearing hearing protection while standing about 4 feet from a moving train, which is a red zone. They should also be wearing PPE that close.

Not wearing safety goggles and heat resistant mechanic clothes while working on the engine. Hair is kept loose and is a hazard and should be tied back.

Wearing flowing draping clothes is a fire hazard, especially in a running engine room.

Not keeping three point contact while climbing stairs or ladders, not exiting ladders or vehicles facing the train.

Unauthorized weapons in the engine room, swords are bad.

Standing on the cow catcher while the train is moving with only two point contact is the man mad?

When they shoved cars together they didn't have anyone watching to make sure the coupling was properly done.

Transportation workers wear fluorescent green vests for visibility, no one wears night visible clothes that works on the train.

Walking on top of a loving moving train. Like goddamn don't do thst casually when not in the middle of the battle. Like what the gently caress come on everyone just eats a goddamn picnic up there for fun it seems.

NOBODY USES THE loving HANDRAILS USE THEM SLIPS TRIPS AND FALLS SEE THE LEADING CAUSE OF INJURY OUTSIDE OF ZOMBIES.

Train muscle lady giving the boiler key to someone without authority to get to restricted areas is a big no no, don't do that.

AND TIE YOUR HAIR BACK ALREADY YOU BEAUTIFUL PINK HAIRED MAN.

Final safety grade: F, send to safety training and take all employees out of service

you forgot his shrieking kabane room. surely that's gotta be violating some safety protocols

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

what was the spider the kabane hunter guy stabbed? it looks like some sort of tiny headcrab or kabane spider

i'm still unsure how pregnant lady got the kabane baby inside her too

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

we already knew bieber-sama was a giant rear end in a top hat, but goddamn is he a giant rear end in a top hat in the new ep

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Fat and Useless posted:

I'd be offended if everyone didn't know how cartoonishly evil Biba was, but luckily everyone but Mumei (who is starting to get it) fully understood he was a dangerous wackadoo. Pointing a gun at his head the entire time he was in that room was the smartest thing short of not letting him inside the station to begin with. Speaking of the smartest thing to do if he doesn't kill Ikoma the first chance he gets he's a dumb idiot now that he doesn't have to keep up appearances.

i'm p sure they're gonna use ikoma and the other people as test subjects (or try to at least, what with mad doctor gone)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Major Ricardo posted:

I found Beiber's original character design

why'd they change his hair pink in the anime?

• Locked thread