Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Amazon Prime? No wonder I couldn't find it on Crunchy or Hulu. I figured either Netflix snagged it, and planned to wait until it was finished to release, or it was delayed by the earthquake. The premise sounds like it was generated by an internet word cloud circa 2010 (Steampunk! Zombies!), but the first episode was decent. I am cautiously optimistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

He was trying to stop the virus from reaching his brain. I don't think that's how viruses work, but in this crazy, zombie-and-steam infested world we live in, who can say what's right and wrong.

e:f,b

So I'll add my compliments to the spite-based heroics scene. Bits like that, and his exuberance about getting the gun working give me hope for the show. I feel like when you have a glum, oppressive premise it makes bright spots all the more important for the tone. A lot of likewise promising shows either run out of money or collapse under their own misery and pretension, so I'm crossing my fingers for this one.

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 27, 2016

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

Episode 3: Well, this sure is an Araki/Okouchi show.
Based on the shows the OP listed in their filmography, I can only assume this means the entire cast transforms into super-deformed chibi versions of themselves and the focus transitions to a heartwarming, slice-of-life comedy. A surprising direction, to be sure, but the Noitamina block is nothing if not experimental.

• Locked thread