Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
So this is basically Medieval Deadspace in Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Spiderdrake posted:

I felt like it rebounded during the episode and the last couple minutes picked up.

I don't know why settings like this need to hit character trope buttons so hard though. Maybe just filling time, but it feels like you don't need to ham up scenes like it did this episode. I'm finding I really like the characters they're not dwelling on, the mechanics are all great.

Yeah I get a strong feeling that there's a lot of logistics to running a giant train and the mechanics are all essential to that and they're great to dwell on.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

I really wanna see if there's any new chapters for Teppu now.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

C-SPAN Caller posted:

No video just photos, and it was a railroad employee that had it that was a company photo so I can't technically link that and keep my job.

Basically what happens is you switch a train engine between the axles, it's considered a derail by default though and the only time it happens without the trains toppling over is if its in yard tracks going at under 10 mph or walking speed and the dumbass switches it too early.

Once again my first point of "WHO THE gently caress WAS MAINTAINING THE TRACKS" is important.

Due to subgrade issues, tracks, even if in great condition and with good initial ballast, will inevitably due to the water table cause oversaturated soil, from the forces of the train on the ties "churn" up the soil and cause issues in your stability. That poo poo is NOT easy to just 'take care of' and most of the time requires some pretty heavy equipment to get the oversaturated soil out of there, or at best tamping rock underneath the ties inbetween the mud as a stop gap.

Let's not also forget curve rail wear if the rail in curves isn't replaced (even more reason making a fuckton of curves is bad) and the facy train axles are rigid so they will always wear your rails down. If someone can invent adjustable trucks that'd be a godsend for curves.

Also its all wood tie not concrete tie rail, meaning the wood will give and is prone to a lot of bad conditions, not to mention if you wash out from rain, your tracks are gone and you're hosed.

But yes best not to think of it.

My guess is that they send out armoured trains on occasion specifically to fix up the tracks.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
A happy ending?! I don't think I'm ready for this yet!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
So when exactly did Biba give Ikoma the white blood?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

galagazombie posted:

So can anyone explain to me what was going on with Biba's henchmen at the end there? I mean they literally just were held prisoner, executed and drained of blood by these guys while watching them knowingly, willingly and unrepentantly murder three entire cities of innocent people. I know they needed them to get out but at least put them in cells and say you'll put them on trial or something. These guys committed legitimate war-crime level stuff here.

Because they explicitly said that if they really wanted to they could have used force to get what they want; that they didn't is some evidence of decency in some of them; not all of them were completely on board with Captain Ahab. There's also the pressing need for trained soldiers vs the Kabane. I think there's also some sort of theme about fighting the true enemy and this is a way to partially break free of the cycle of human idiocy and madness.

• Locked thread