Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Everything in this episode made logical sense and I don't have much issue with it except I didn't find the action as exciting and I was a little annoyed at how blatant it was that mumei was doing something really, really dumb. It made sense for her character but as soon as she left the room I said to myself "mumei is about to ruin everything and there won't be any semblance of anything getting in her way, either physically or intellectually." Then exactly that happened and I found myself pretty annoyed.

Even more so when mumei met up with the guy who tricked her into letting a kabane horde into the station and she weakly let him get away with it unopposed. I understand how it makes sense for her character but drat was it frustrating to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Command Ant posted:

The show hasn't painted Mumei as being anything other than a naive child, albeit an incredibly powerful one, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that she blindly trusted her brother's plans to be the 'right' thing and not include wholesale slaughter.

Just because it isn't surprising doesn't mean it isn't frustrating to watch

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I think I would've been way more ok with that if they hadn't made it blatantly obvious to the audience last episode that Bieber is cartoonishly evil. If they had stayed somewhat subtle about it and had it revealed to both mumei and the audience at the same time "this guy isn't just a little funny, he's a crazy loving lunatic" I think it would have been more palatable. As is though, since we saw last episode that Bieber is a murdering rear end in a top hat with a train full of zombies, watching mumei ruin everything is just kinda frustrating, if logical.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Mordja posted:

I don't know why everyone's so surprised. Every single thing we've heard about Bieber before he even entered the scene paints him as an extreme Social Darwinist, and atrocity just comes naturally to people like that in these types of stories. Mix that in with a cocktail of daddy issues and you've got a zombie genocide just waiting to happen.

i don't think anyone was surprised.

in fact, i'd say that's probably part of the problem.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

why do you think that someone who both a. didn't expect the show to be subtle and b. wasn't surprised by the events of the recent episode isn't allowed to think that some things could have been done better? or even that some things could have been done better if some subtlety was used?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i wish she said that to herself at some point instead of being shown shocked at the kabane swarming the city, followed later by her just kinda hanging around biba seeming slightly less on board with him than before

it doesn't really look or feel like she's lying to herself about him or something that would maybe make sense

• Locked thread