Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dmitri-9 posted:

Do they use steam powered guns in this series? If I understand things Ikoma's innovation was to up the gunpowder charge in his nail gun.

Also Ikoooooomaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

It's both, I think and Ikoma's thing was ramping the whole thing up. The additional bit is that it's basically a cannon and Ikoma can really only use it and stay standing because he's a Kabaneri. Compare to when he first used it successfully and the recoil sent him flying (if I remember correctly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The drama is dumb, but at least the setting is relatively novel and interesting.

wielder posted:

Well, that's one way to raise the stakes. Japan seems to have a thing for this type of threat.

I imagine it's meant to emulate the sort of structures ants can form due to their hive mind. Making something more limb or humanoid shaped is basically a creative extension of that sort of idea.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

.Clash posted:

So ikoma invented new weapons that mumei already had the whole time.

I doubt Munmei understood how it worked. Ikoma did though. Afaict, it's steam pressure and possibly gunpowder launched shells that explode on impact compared to their previous method of bullets launched by steam and/or gunpowder

The blade thing makes me assume that the kabane's heart cage is made out of a stronger metal, but coating their swords with the same metal wouldn't do much beyond make their swords more rigid due to the increased strength. The amount force needed to cut through it would still need to be increased to overcome the tensile strength of the metal. I might be a little off, but I believe that's how it would work based on my engineering knowledge.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kyte posted:

Stations are quite isolated and there's no method from long-distance communication aside from sending a messenger. The logistics are difficult enough that you don't need to assume negligence or malicious intent.

Given that there looks to also be a political subplot on the horizon, malicious intent may actually be a possibility.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

HenryEx posted:

Everything and everyone in this show is dumb as hell, and it's a 50/50 split on whether it's entertaining or infuriating.

"Let's release the pressure valves for a speed boost on these curving tracks" *undresses*

I was half expecting them to throw yellow and red presto logs into the furnace

Fwiw, she was talking about the limits on the steam pressure which is an important thing to have to not potentially blow a pipe or something while in the process or if done too much.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kyte posted:

He's probably just using his role to amass public and political power.

Probably. Even amidst a national plague, I'd imagine there's still the need to engage in power grabs and petty political struggles. The Liberators may or possibly previously be part of a coup (whatever that 10 years ago thing with the chiefs were about).

So what is Daita-iron? Is it actually lead or tin or something? Unless there's an iron alloy that I'm not aware of that's actually really weak and has an attainable evaporation point (which is pretty loving high, except for the least solid of metals)?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Drythe posted:

He was just being prepared for anything guys

Even kinky steampunk sex apparently.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Nah its just cargo

Might have to have some CBRN gear just in case when handling that cargo though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CryingAthena posted:

Good lord how is everything about this murder-for-fun dude so unbearably fabulous :sparkles: from hair to voice actor to OST-title?

Everyone is approaching becoming a cartoonish exaggeration of their archetypes at this point. Biba is just already there.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Biba is literally calling for full Anarchy and all that it entail because he's as cartoonishly true to form as every other character.

Also, RIP buff engineer lady. Your swole will be missed :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Fat Best Friend character always triggers a death flag when they enter the third act of the series. It's just a matter of when the episode sets off other flags to signal for them to die. Similarly, the ending triggered a revival flag so it'll be daijobu. Probably.

• Locked thread