Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I loved this episode because 'people who think they know better than everyone else creating far greater tragedies when they capitalize on everyone's unhappiness with the current system' is extremely my poo poo.

I'm not saying they're wrong about keeping them in their own car or anything, poo poo, I wouldn't be comfortable with them sticking around every second of every day like they're actually people. I think that being their room for when it's time to sleep is cool though.

Cake Attack posted:

i had been under the impression his gun was like a pile driver, not a projectile

I'm pretty sure it shot through that logo/standard/cloth whatever when he first got it working though right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

The moment when the Kabaneri dropped down from the tunnel entrance was amazing. And Mumei was badass as always.

Kabaneri are not Kabane!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Don't you go expecting anything great from this anime you goofballs. Lower those expectations in advance and you won't be caught off guard when this anime Heroes itself.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

.Clash posted:

So ikoma invented new weapons that mumei already had the whole time.

Mumei came into the village like two days before it got totally wrecked.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

I doubt Munmei understood how it worked. Ikoma did though. Afaict, it's steam pressure and possibly gunpowder launched shells that explode on impact compared to their previous method of bullets launched by steam and/or gunpowder

The blade thing makes me assume that the kabane's heart cage is made out of a stronger metal, but coating their swords with the same metal wouldn't do much beyond make their swords more rigid due to the increased strength. The amount force needed to cut through it would still need to be increased to overcome the tensile strength of the metal. I might be a little off, but I believe that's how it would work based on my engineering knowledge.

Yeah, giving the swords a stronger edge isn't going to be enough. They need to be performing iaido slashes so fast that they break the sound barrier.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kanos posted:

Literally all of these things make perfect sense in the context of the setting.

• Ikoma had to choose between "100% for sure let Mumei die immediately and get the train free slightly faster" or "Save Mumei, get the train free slightly later". Even if Mumei hosed up real bad this ep, Ikoma is pretty clearly not the kind of person to spitefully let someone die because they're an rear end in a top hat. Hell, even if he were, letting Mumei bite the dust would be loving idiotic from a cold logic standpoint because she's a Kabane genocide machine. He had no real reason to suspect there would be a goddamn rockslide caused by the appearance of a giant corpse golem.

Context is really important for understanding why characters act the way they do and I haven't seen any really egregious "the way this character is acting makes no sense" problems.

Actually, Ikoma only saved her out of spite. Spite is all that's keeping him going right now. As soon as he becomes a celebrated, thanked and appreciated hero, *snaps fingers* instant Kabane.

All that's keeping him running right now is spite and blood. He's going to cure Kabane-ism and blow his head off immediately afterwards, flipping everyone off while he does it.

Everything else is cool, good, and correct, however.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

C-SPAN Caller posted:

So I've enjoyed this show as the mindless action it is, but holy poo poo this show triggers some deep set sperg in me I never knew I had.

For context, I work on the railroad and have some decent background as a manager, so needless to say the trains in this show work weird.

The train engineer lady also last episode said "Evasive maneuvers" which is so loving ridiculous like what the hell? Trains are ON RAILS they don't dodge.

In short, holy poo poo this show is so loving inaccurate but at least its really cool.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lurking Haro posted:

Why does Ikoma still wear his steampunk bdsm anywear, anyway?

Has any evidence come up that shows it'd be safe to take that stuff off? It works, best not to gently caress with it.

• Locked thread